Wildcard round - Steelers Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

10 minutes ago, vincec said:

Agree. I didn’t clearly see that myself, but you had to see it clearly miss to reverse it and I didn’t see that either.

Important on field they ruled it out of bounds. Would have needed to see clear evidence to overturn it...don't think there was...looked like it may have hit helmet but may not have. 

If it was ruled Bills recovery I think that would have stood also.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You were told a number of times, during warmups neither kicker could make it from that distance in that direction. it was against the wind, the try at that point was a foolish wrong decision, that resulted in giving the opponent 7 pts and injuring our punter.

I totally agree with this!! I was told in the 1st half thread that my comment on this was a bad take. Rather give Josh the opportunity or punt

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I totally agree with this!! I was told in the 1st half thread that my comment on this was a bad take. Rather give Josh the opportunity or punt

That clearly was the smarter option. They stopped trusting him several games ago now with a 21 pt lead you decide it’s time to give him a chance?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Still don’t understand people saying this. Unless I’m wrong about the wind a 49 yard kick is pretty close to a chip shot in today’s NFL. If you can trust your kicker to hit that you need a new kicker.

Because bass had low trajectory on three kicks prior to that point.  He was not hitting it well today. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, do we look to replace Bass? Never thought I’d say this, but he’s lost his mojo and now every kick is an adventure.

Maybe we can get a kicker from the kicker store, package that with the stadium snow removal crew we get from the stadium snow removal store, bundle them with mahomes and maauto and get a discount, I’ll double check.

Im sorry. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Maybe we can get a kicker from the kicker store, package that with the stadium snow removal crew we get from the stadium snow removal store, bundle them with mahomes and maauto and get a discount, I’ll double check.

Im sorry. 

We might need to pick up a LB too at the LB store on the way home

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I hate how the Bills always seem to find a way to make it dramatic. The game should’ve been over in the first half. 

In the 2nd quarter they kept throwing it to the runningback or receive behind the line of scrimmage. They got wonderful field position at the their own 45, and went three and out and lost yardage. Kicked it and then Bernard got hurt. Then they CANNOT EXECUTE a 49 yard field goal and the whole thing was fueled to go up in flames. 

I just want to say one more thing about the terrible field goal unit. Bass will kick a 55 yarder half way up the net. He needs to be counted on to make that 49 yarder. It’s in his range, and you just have to put him in a position to succeed. It was the right call. But there also has to be consequences for botching it. I don’t know what that is, but this unit has to be made to understand that you won’t hesitate to call on them whenever and wherever. 

Until Bass starts missing them short but perfectly straight, all this is in his head. 

So Bass, I promise you, you’ll never miss a 49 yarder short. Just kick the damn ball up into the air!

To be fair to them, this time it was because the ghost of London was in Orchard Park hunting our defense.

• Sad 1

Lots of injuries, tough to take.  But here we are, injuries or not have 3 games to go.  As a Bills fan I wish for the best for all of us

Btw:  In Josh Allen I trust.  See you next week my friends

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

WTF?  I didnt even catch this.  Dirty ass mf.

Dirty ass team, there was also a play where a defender gator rolled Cooks ankle as he was going out of bounds.

52 minutes ago, chongli said:

I see a fine coming:

Stupid look, I'd still take him here, then again I just want a better WR2 it doesn't have to be him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, chongli said:

Someone may have already replied, but:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/josh-allen-touchdown-run-bills-longest-qb-nfl-playoffs-history/d0e9f6fdd9aeb71b148fc990

Colin Kaepernick - 56 yards - 2013 NFC Division Round: SF vs. GB

Josh should have purposely gotten a 5 yd illegal procedure penalty before the snap so he would have gotten the record

• Haha (+1) 2

Great win!  

A little tough going in the middle.  

Josh looked really good all game, seemed very determined.  Cook was excellent. Shakir is going to be something special.

The stands were awful in my section.  Foot and a half snow on our seats.  Kinda weird what was cleared and what was not. Wasn’t so bad clearing the snow.  Worst was the aisle steps. Packed snow, people slipping and a few falls.  

Everest? Nah, just try navigating upper deck steps with a bunch of drunks going whichever way! Next time I’m hiring a Sherpa!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Dirty ass team, there was also a play where a defender gator rolled Cooks ankle as he was going out of bounds.

Stupid look, I'd still take him here, then again I just want a better WR2 it doesn't have to be him.

Didn't he fumble setting up our 2nd TD?  LOL

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

McDermott’s decision to try a 49 yard fg at end of 2q was ill advised. Converting non 4th and 7 was a likelier outcome and if you want to be conservative, punt it to their 10. The game would have been a blowout otherwise I think

Its in that situation you need to know on 3rd down if we can run a non-negative yard play, we will go for it on 4th down.  Too often we go deep and take a shot instead of trying to ground it out over 2 plays. 

With the weather and distance, a better play call by the coaches and/or decision by Josh is what is needed on 3rd down there, in my opinion.

A minor gripe in a sea of positives, for sure. Go bills!!

4 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Great win!  

A little tough going in the middle.  

Josh looked really good all game, seemed very determined.  Cook was excellent. Shakir is going to be something special.

The stands were awful in my section.  Foot and a half snow on our seats.  Kinda weird what was cleared and what was not. Wasn’t so bad clearing the snow.  Worst was the aisle steps. Packed snow, people slipping and a few falls.  

Everest? Nah, just try navigating upper deck steps with a bunch of drunks going whichever way! Next time I’m hiring a Sherpa!  

@sherpa

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Still don’t understand people saying this. Unless I’m wrong about the wind a 49 yard kick is pretty close to a chip shot in today’s NFL. If you can trust your kicker to hit that you need a new kicker.

FWIW, i think jay feely said on the broadcast that kickers in warmups struggled from that side at around 50 yards

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.