1/15/24 Super WildCard Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Steelers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

13 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Not sure what the plans for the new stadium are, but in the absence of a dome they should at least install a heating element under the seats. This would allow fans to remain slightly more comfortable in cold weather and melt the snow away when this happens. 

Pretty sure for a bit a while back there were seats with heating elements in the club level but they were a disaster and broke all the time and were eventually replaced with the radiant heating from the lamps on the overhang.

I've seen for the new stadium mentions of a "state-of-the-art radiant heating system" for some seats - not sure if that is just the same idea of lamps on the overhangs or something else

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

if 80% of the seats are under cover, this shouldn't be nearly the problem that it is in the current situation. 

Wind blows snow.

For example, I saw a video where people were shoveling out huge mounds of snow from the tunnels leading into the concourses. Those are completely under cover. But the wind pushed tons of snow in there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gordong said:

the only reason they want the seats cleaned off is so the fan don't throw snowballs at the steelers..  they dont care if the fan has to a clean seat.

Yeah, In the video I noticed they’re focused on shoveling the tunnel end. They weren’t anywhere near the best seats midfield. 

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, In the video I noticed they’re focused on shoveling the tunnel end. They weren’t anywhere near the best seats midfield. 

Let them eat cake!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

My friend is at the stadium shoveling right now. He says about a third is cleared. Says he has no idea how it will all get done before kickoff. 

Fine. Somebody dial JA17. He’ll get it done. 

9 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

My friend is at the stadium shoveling right now. He says about a third is cleared. Says he has no idea how it will all get done before kickoff. 

are there no machines that the team can use? You would think they would have a better system in place.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

are there no machines that the team can use? You would think they would have a better system in place.

Maybe the Bills could’ve utilized homeless shelters. Give people transportation to the stadium and back, $20/hour, hot meals, warm break areas, etc.  That would put money in peoples pockets that need it. I’m a social worker though so I think a little differently 😀

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I think considering the sheer volume of snow yesterday,  getting 50% of the stadium cleared would be a win. The rest of the snow will just have to be compacted by the fans. There just wasn't enough time. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And if we win, we get to do it all over again next week!

luckily the worst of it will be during the week and tails off on friday/saturday so if they need to clean up again, they will have more time.

2 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Just spent WAY more time outside than I wanted to clearing cars, deck, and driveway.  It's not bad at all outside. No wind and temp didn't feel bad

Perfect football weather! Can't wait to see people throwing snow in the stands!

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Wind blows snow.

For example, I saw a video where people were shoveling out huge mounds of snow from the tunnels leading into the concourses. Those are completely under cover. But the wind pushed tons of snow in there.

I saw that and was absolutely shocked they had zero motorized snow clearing tools even for the concourse. 

At home because today is the first MLK day a job has given me off ever. Watching The Child so the grandparents get a break. I have all the makings of Buffalo style pizza going and prepped. The child's nap time wakeup has been right at game time.

Crusty pizza with cup and char pepperoni and Bills football. The cycle of child abuse Bills fandom continues, even out of WNY

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

luckily the worst of it will be during the week and tails off on friday/saturday so if they need to clean up again, they will have more time.

I’m more concerned about the team’s preparation if they get by today.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think considering the sheer volume of snow yesterday,  getting 50% of the stadium cleared would be a win. The rest of the snow will just have to be compacted by the fans. There just wasn't enough time. 

I agree.  I can’t believe this much is done.  I plan on standing on two feet of snow. 

18 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

At home because today is the first MLK day a job has given me off ever. Watching The Child so the grandparents get a break. I have all the makings of Buffalo style pizza going and prepped. The child's nap time wakeup has been right at game time.

Crusty pizza with cup and char pepperoni and Bills football. The cycle of child abuse Bills fandom continues, even out of WNY

I could’ve posted this minus the wny 

8 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

Agree.  I have a really bad feeling about today.  Hope im wrong.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

If they can't beat the 7th seeded Steelers, who are starting a backup QB, at home, then we don't deserve to move on. 

• Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’m more concerned about the team’s preparation if they get by today.

they should have no problem getting to the field house. doesn't sound like we are going to get hit half  as hard as we did this weekend.  but then again, lake effect is very unpredictable. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.