Congratulations Miami

32 minutes ago, The Red King said:

As much as I enjoy seeing the Dolphins flail, maybe we should wait on this until we beat the Steelers.  If we end up blowing that game this thread will have aged poorly.

I agree with this. If the Bills don't win the Superbowl, fins fans can do the same on their message boards, calling Buffalo the preseason champions. But then again, I'm just never one for sports smack talk.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

I don’t like this thread. Reading all the gloating just makes me think Pittsburgh will win on Monday. Karma and all that. 

If the outcome of a football game is impacted by fan posts on a message board, the problem with the team and the game probably run much deeper than a bit of gloating.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

2 hours ago, qwksilver said:

If their genius HC knows they don't have the QB, you look else where. I hope they don't

What you're suggesting doesn't ever happen unless it's in the specific I liad out which requires extreme fortune in your favor. It has nothing to do with whether or not your Head Coach is a genius or not.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I'd have him play out his 5th year option and then go from there.  Franchise him the following year if need be.

Right - so they're stuck with him a  minimum of 2 more years, even if he doesn't get any better. Realistically, they'll probably still have to re-sign him to a medium term deal even if they know he can't get it done, because that's the way it works with NFL QBs. The team is built to win now. They aren't starting over with a rookie QB.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

#1 seed isn't really going to help they'll just play a Playoff tested team that'll kick their ass. A solid team that can play decent at both sides of the ball wrecks Miami.

It lets them play at home where they play much better than in the cold. Will it be enough? Maybe not, bu I think it's their best chance as long as they have teams like Buffalo, KC, Bal, Pitt with open air stadiums to play against.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Let’s be honest, McDaniels has got them to the playoffs but they still only beat losing teams, just like when Flores was the coach. Flores did it ugly with defense and McDaniels does it pretty with O. Same results

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

The Dolphins have it figured out.  As soon as global warming means no more cold-weather games they'll be unbeatable.  Of course by then Miami will be several feet under water....ah that's just a detail to worry about later.  

• Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

I did chuckle a little, but honestly until we beat the Chiefs in the playoffs and make it to a Super Bowl ourselves with this coaching regime, I’m not talking any smack.

I don’t think we should ever talk smack so I understand your POV.  I do think the Chiefs coming to us if we win tomorrow is a big thing.  So Zervoltz, we wish you the best of luck, but your catching us hot, not cold like under Dorsey.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Commish said:

This was posted before the Ravens game.  How was the OP supposed to know the Dolphins would ***** the bed three times in a row against legitimate teams with the stakes being higher every week? 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Freak-O said:

I don’t like this thread. Reading all the gloating just makes me think Pittsburgh will win on Monday. Karma and all that. 

Gloating is when you brag about yourself.

It’s a bad look.

Rubbing it in is when you mock someone after they lost or something bad happened to them.

It’s a bad look.

This thread is more rubbing it in than gloating.  But it’s not mocking “someone”, it’s mocking the fish.

It’s awesome.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's interesting that in the same market the Florida Panthers had a high flying offense that was super exciting to watch....during the regular season.  But against good teams, especially in the playoffs, they struggled.  So, they took a President's Trophy winning team and blew it up....fired the coach traded away a star player and completely changed how they played.  People thought they were insane.  They struggled in the regular season, barely made the playoffs, and then made the Stanley Cup final.  Will Miami do something like that?  No chance.  Should they?  Maybe.  Unless they can find a way for this offense to win against good teams they could end up a great regular season team that never goes anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

It [#1 seed] lets them play at home where they play much better than in the cold. Will it be enough? Maybe not, bu I think it's their best chance as long as they have teams like Buffalo, KC, Bal, Pitt with open air stadiums to play against.

It's not the open air stadiums or bad weather that bother the Fish.  It's teams with smart, tough, physical defenses that derail their offense.   If they can't pass successfully, their running game becomes pretty ordinary.  The Fish depend upon getting a lead early with their passing and building on it before their opponents figure things out.  When they can't do that, they struggle.  All of their losses this season came at the hands of teams that have tough physical defenses with smart DCs, including Tennessee which had a losing record.   If the game had been in Miami, the result would have been the same.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

In 11 wins, literally ONE of them was against a team with a winning record… and they juuust squeaked by in it. That says a lot about who the Miami Dolphins are when it comes to being contenders.

Pretty funny to visit finheaven now. So many of the recent threads and comments are about the Bills, attacking the city of Buffalo, Josh Allen, etc. Living rent free in their heads is exactly where we wanna be!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Dolphins had a good season, for that I'll give their team their flowers.   Their fans on the other hand, they need Jesus.

I am not into the "giving flowers" thing but your sentiment is exactly how I feel.  Their fans are so over-reactive and hate any Bills or Bills fans.   Generally they have no grip on reality.  Constant talk of no class in Bills mafia but then say the most putrid things.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Don't feel bad about Fish - feel bad for fans who paid PeaC0ck to watch the game.

I will watch game on NFL Network,

09:00 AM EST

Miami Dolphins at Kansas City Chiefs

Spoiler alert. The Dolphins lose to another team with a winning record. 

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Don't feel bad about Fish - feel bad for fans who paid PeaC0ck to watch the game.

I will watch game on NFL Network,

09:00 AM EST

Miami Dolphins at Kansas City Chiefs

I enjoyed the game.  Watching the Fish get their collective butts kicked was certainly worth $5.99.

11 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I enjoyed the game.  Watching the Fish get their collective butts kicked was certainly worth $5.99.

$5.99? Sounds like an awful lot of money 💰 

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Heard a stat somewhere that in games under 70 degrees, Tua is 6-13.......it was 67 degrees in Miami tonight.....just sayin' the 1 seed probably isn't even enough for that clown to win.

And now 0-6 in games with temps below 50 degrees ... To be expected from a QB from Hawaii, who went to college in Alabama and plays in Miami ... Cold games are an issue for him.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

What are you gonna do? It's not like they can draft a QB this year after Tua led the league in yards, and a coach's leash is very short. It's almost impossible for them to move on from Tua barring injury for at least 2-3 years. It's just not a thing that happens in the NFL unless you have a late round pick that turns into a super star due to injury.

You could hope you could find a team to trade Tua to for an early 1st round pick.  But then you're taking a chance on the guy you draft ends up being even as good as Tua is and likely will take a couple years for him to get there.  By that point, the rest of the team has turned over

Maybe you match him with a RB like Henry and mainly feature the run.  It likely also has to be a team in warm weather or a dome.  Miami did get lucky this year in that Tua didn't get hurt, will that luck hold out for another season?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.