Wild Card Round, Squeelers v. Bills - PREDICT THE SCORE

Before we begin, a quick programming note.  There have been some nasty exchanges here in the last few weeks, and I've had to remind posters that this thread is all about having some fun.  Trashing posters for picking the opposing team or getting so insulted that you start lobbing your own ad hominem bombs is not really wanted here.  I'll end this by quoting Marvcus Levy "We can disagree without being disagreeable", and Crash Davis "This game's fun, okay?  Fun, GD it!"

Congratulations again to Week 18's winner @BuffaloBillies, our second two-time winner this season!  This week, the playoffs begin, as the Squeelers make the roady up I-79 and I-90 to Highmark, where the Bills will host the Wild Card Round of the playoffs.   The Bills were able to pull out the win over the Fish at the Hard Rock in Miami last week to clinch the AFC East and the 2nd seed throughout the playoffs.  Both teams are banged up, with TJ Watt and Gabe Davis likely out or limited due to a knee injury.  Will Shakir step up to fill the gap left by Gabe?  Will Sherfield come up big again?  Are the Bills gassed from having to go 5-0 down the stretch?  

I see the Bills struggling early, especially in what looks to be snow on Sunday.  But Josh will eventually do Josh things, and the Bills pull away in the 2nd half.  I see big days for Shakir and Kincaid.  I'm hoping that Cook will show up and redeem himself from a poor showing against the Fish.

Squeelers - 10

Beews - 24

Past Winners

Week 1 - @JaCrispy

Week 2 - @Gary Marangi

Week 3 - @Nelius

Week 4 - @SoonerBillsFan

Week 5 - @BeavercreekBillsFan

Week 6 - @BuffaloBillies

Week 7 - @mead107

Week 8 - @Gregg and @kkim0904

Week 9 - @BuffaloBillyG

Week 10 - @Governor

Week 11 - @Over 29 years of fanhood

Week 12 - @frostbitmic

Week 14 - @Gregg (two-time winner!)

Week 15 - @Drew21PA

Week 16 - @Pine Barrens Mafia

Week 17 - @Realist and @entropyrules

Week 18 - @BuffaloBillies (two-time winner!)

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Freddie's Dead changed the title to Wild Card Round, Squeelers v. Bills - PREDICT THE SCORE

Bills 24

Steelers 7

Not expecting anything pretty on either side.

What I don't understand is people saying "ooh the Steelers are a tough grind it out team, this weather favors them!" when that has not been the case at all this year. Their offense has totally stunk for most of the season, then their 3rd string QB gets on a common backup hot steak and suddenly they're the offensive version of the Steel Curtain? Nah. We're gonna stop their offense dead in its tracks. I predict two turnovers for our defense and that's a conservative guess.

Out offense I don't expect explosiveness but without TJ Watt on the field we have matchup advantages all over the field. Avoid Minkah Fitzpatrick's zone, play ball control, let persistence and the clock win the game for your. I trust our offense to make just enough plays to get into the endzone a few times especially with what I think will be a couple short fields.

Basically I think this will resemble the home Patriots game but without the Steelers offense making a game of it in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, die hard bills fan said:

Bills 24

Steelers 7

That was my other thought 

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Bills 24

Steelers 7

Not expecting anything pretty on either side.

What I don't understand is people saying "ooh the Steelers are a tough grind it out team, this weather favors them!" when that has not been the case at all this year. Their offense has totally stunk for most of the season, then their 3rd string QB gets on a common backup hot steak and suddenly they're the offensive version of the Steel Curtain? Nah. We're gonna stop their offense dead in its tracks. I predict two turnovers for our defense and that's a conservative guess.

Out offense I don't expect explosiveness but without TJ Watt on the field we have matchup advantages all over the field. Avoid Minkah Fitzpatrick's zone, play ball control, let persistence and the clock win the game for your. I trust our offense to make just enough plays to get into the endzone a few times especially with what I think will be a couple short fields.

Basically I think this will resemble the home Patriots game but without the Steelers offense making a game of it in the 2nd half.

Not only that Pittsburgh has had a cake walk of a schedule with third stringers and also banged up teams they are playing 

equal competiton to them they lost

New England 

indy

cincinatti was without chase (potentially Higgins if I’m not correct?

yeah they kind of sound interesting but I watched them struggle against Baltimore as well - resting starters 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.