Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

Please just win because after last year and us playing like we’ve never seen snow, and with all this bs leading into Sunday, I’d rather not go into every regular season thinking home field - for the entirety of our superstar QB’s career - is a negative. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Blackbeard said:

Someone more knowledgeable than I tell me that if this is a snow game, and we can’t pass due to wind, will our run game beat theirs?

I wouldn’t say it favors them, because we can run our QB.. but it probably makes it a coin flip game if passing is almost taken out of the equation. 

Not sure Cook is an ideal RB for this game, but we shall see.  I hope he makes me eat crow because ever since Dallas, I haven’t been impressed with him at all. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, SCBills said:

I wouldn’t say it favors them, because we can run our QB.. but it probably makes it a coin flip game if passing is almost taken out of the equation. 

Not sure Cook is an ideal RB for this game, but we shall see.  I hope he makes me eat crow because ever since Dallas, I haven’t been impressed with him at all. 

I agree on the conditions not suiting Cook, Ty Johnson passing the concussion protocol is great news for Sunday though... Hopefully him and Fournette can have an impact on the ground in this one.

Plus as someone mentioned above, the Bills D normally holds Harris to low yardage... Let's hope that continues on Sunday.

Regarding Douglas, I'd be wary of playing him on Sunday, he hasn't practiced all week so there's obvious a fairly significant knee injury there.  A slippy field won't help that and do we really need him against the Steelers passing offence?  Dane Jackson is fairly good against the run if I'm not mistaken.  Let's rest Rasul for when we need him against better passing threats.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

He made such an impression on him in the 13 Seconds game, he can't help but put extra emphasis on his name now. It's cute

I’m a Nantz homer but I think he’s the absolute best in the business. Great voice and knowledgeable about every team and players. And he’s always been a fan of Buffalo from afar. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I would counter that when McDermott can make a team one-dimensional, he’s usually very effective.

I’d go back to the Ravens Playoff game where they were the team with the run game advantage but couldn’t really do much of anything.

That being said.. if we struggle to score, all it takes is a turnover in a bad spot or missed gap and we’re chasing them.  

We also are a middling run defense because McD prioritizes defending the pass.   There really isn’t a reason a DL consisting of Joseph, Oliver, Jones, Rousseau, Floyd and Lawson shouldn’t be dominant against the run if they want to be. ….but they’re going to have to be, especially if Dodson can’t go. 

I think we all know this is a huge advantage for the Steelers if the conditions severely limit our passing attack.   

Well, with Gabe and Rapp ruled out, I think the Bills have the freedom to not scratch Linval Joseph. So not saying the rush defense is all on him, but he's another big body to throw in there. 

Also, if either/both Douglas and Dodson are declared out, I wonder if Kingsley Jonathan is also made available. That way you have your entire defensive line available. 

Alec Anderson, Latavius Murray, Gabe Davis, Taylor Rapp, Rasul Douglas, Tyrel Dodson 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I wouldn’t say it favors them, because we can run our QB

Wind favors PIT. Most important skill in the NFL team in 2014 = a QB1 that can throw. Please see Hoodie and Jests.

40 mph turns a magical QB1 unicorn into a 1 dimensional donkey...(okay, that's harsh)

PIT was never going to compete in the air and now we've been evened up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Our defensive line has to create havoc. That's really what this comes down to. 

Where are we healthy? In both trenches. 

Activate Joseph and throw big bodies up the middle. 

I am worried about the Bills loyalty to Von Miller. 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Our defensive line has to create havoc. That's really what this comes down to. 

Where are we healthy? In both trenches. 

Activate Joseph and throw big bodies up the middle. 

I am worried about the Bills loyalty to Von Miller. 

Von shouldnt be active. Dont need a pass rusher in the snow. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Great - now there will be frozen locusts, frogs AND Bildos raining down from the sky to contend with

Getting out of the parking lot could be tricky.

Do they make Bildo tires with extra wide treads?

8 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Wind favors PIT. Most important skill in the NFL team in 2014 = a QB1 that can throw. Please see Hoodie and Jests.

40 mph turns a magical QB1 unicorn into a 1 dimensional donkey...(okay, that's harsh)

PIT was never going to compete in the air and now we've been evened up.

Good thing our QB is not 1 dimensional, he’s a raging rhino that can also throw the ball with a canon. 

Brady was basically a statue. 

33 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Please just win because after last year and us playing like we’ve never seen snow, and with all this bs leading into Sunday, I’d rather not go into every regular season thinking home field - for the entirety of our superstar QB’s career - is a negative. 

I’ve always thought this. I’d rather our playoff path every year go through Miami, Houston, and Las Vegas or LA than play games at home. I HATE it being this way. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Will fans come out in droves or will they be hard pressed to get people to show up?

I did this during the Superbowl years. It's mostly folks from the East Side trying to make some cash. 

I'm ready for anything, and still think the Bills win in crazy weather - but Monday just seems like the easy button for the NFL.

Too much risk for people going to the game if the current forecast holds.  Fan safety should be the top priority, when there are options to move the game.

15 minutes ago, chongli said:

They will come for the free tickets and food.

If I lived closer I’d do it. I’d want free tickets in addition to the money 😎

I live in Jamestown. I’d be driving into and back thru the snow belt forecasted. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

But he only comes in on passing downs as a sub package?  

Can you provide cause all i have seen and heard is that in the dime package they sub off Dodson and Poyer plays beside Bernard while Rapp plays safety with Micah.  

Yeah pretty much sub packages but considering the weather in the non dome stadium vs the Steelers, I think Rapps skill could be used more often than usual. 

9 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

It’s very difficult to move a game. But I think they’re going to have to. Monday afternoon it’ll be.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

49 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Von shouldnt be active. Dont need a pass rusher in the snow. 

I dunno about now, but historically Von Miller has been very very good against the run, as opposed to someone like AJE who has become a talented pass rusher but (again, maybe this has changed) has been tenuous against the run.

I know we're all flipping out about the weather being an equalizer (and part of me feels the same way), but maybe, just maybe it separates these 2 teams even more.

If the weather is as forecasted, Buffalo can concentrate almost strictly on stopping the run with only their RBs since their QB can't run.  Meanwhile, the Bills can run with their RBs, run with Josh, and as the Bills learned in the Patriots hurricane game a few years ago, Josh can still actually throw in wind and snow.  And we have guys like Kincaid and Shakir who played their college ball in the cold weather so they at least have some experience catching passes in inclement weather.

Maybe this is just me trying to make myself feel better, but I think we should still win regardless.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

If late Monday doesn’t have the heavy snow, blowing snow, low visibility and huge winds they should move it.  Any other NFL city would have already moved the game since travel in those conditions is super dangerous. 

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I know we're all flipping out about the weather being an equalizer (and part of me feels the same way), but maybe, just maybe it separates these 2 teams even more.

If the weather is as forecasted, Buffalo can concentrate almost strictly on stopping the run with only their RBs since their QB can't run.  Meanwhile, the Bills can run with their RBs, run with Josh, and as the Bills learned in the Patriots hurricane game a few years ago, Josh can still actually throw in wind and snow.  And we have guys like Kincaid and Shakir who played their college ball in the cold weather so they at least have some experience catching passes in inclement weather.

Maybe this is just me trying to make myself feel better, but I think we should still win regardless.

I’ve thought the same thing. Mason Rudolph isn’t scaring anyone with his arm, especially in bad weather. McD will take away what they want to do and dare their third string qb to beat us. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.