Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

Cook for us and Warren for Pitt both have ball security issues.  Then of course Allen's INTs.  

Given the likelihood of lots of running and therefore longer drives and therefore fewer drives, this game can easily come down to whichever team makes the fewest TOs.  

The waiting is the hardest part.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

I've never watched an episode of Hard Knocks before.  I was going to watch a little bit of it and said no way am I watching this for almost an hour.  I couldn't stop watching and ended up watching the entire thing lol.  It actually is an interesting program.  I especially liked all the field view footage of the game.  From broadcast angles you don't actually realize the speed of everything on the field but this view is a whole new perspective of how fast those guys are really flying around out there.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

lol - is Josh concussed?  Oh no

I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, but it feels like Allen has gotten more folksy as he has aged, which is weird. Like he left Laramie and Firebaugh to live in Buffalo and Orange County, California only to sound like he has been breaking records on the family cantaloupe farm. 

I caught that too though. I think he is just trying to tell Tua that they have a good team, and see you here means on "the field" not "this field".

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Cook for us and Warren for Pitt both have ball security issues.  Then of course Allen's INTs.  

Given the likelihood of lots of running and therefore longer drives and therefore fewer drives, this game can easily come down to whichever team makes the fewest TOs.  

The waiting is the hardest part.  

I'm a bit concerned about the possible game script. If the weather is quite poor; meaning cold, very windy, and snowing this could severely impact the Bills passing game. I think this negates are huge advantage for the Bills. 

I myself don't want the Bills to get into a possession type run game scenario and game script with Pitt. That's exactly their strength. There's much less room for error here. 

I'd rather have the Bills march down the field with a quick striking passing game. Utilizing Cook, Shakir, Kincaid, and Diggs. Get some big chunk plays and mix in the run. Go up two scores and force Pitt to pass more. Perhaps they will be able to still accomplish this. 

I hate the fact that weather be reduce the Bills chances of winning. 

Side note. A 10 point spread is ridiculously high. Take the points and cash your tickets. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

My ludicrous roster/personnel usage take of the day, which will make you say "Logic's an idiot":

I think Leonard Fournette should get an equal snap (and usage) share with Cook. Perhaps even be the primary ball carrier.

Cook has fumbled (or nearly fumbled) just enough to make me a bit nervous about the wet/snowy conditions this Sunday, plus he hasn't been super effective running the ball as of late.

Cook has fumbled four times this season across 237 carries, which equates to one fumble per 59 carries.

Fournette, meanwhile, has fumbled four times in his entire CAREER, spanning 1,144 carries, which equates to one fumble per 286 carries.

Fournette also has that "I don't wanna tackle this dude on a 19 degree night" build and power.

Give me more Playoff Lenny and less Cook this week.

Yeah, I am going to cringe everytime Cook gets the ball.  Pittsburg is good at causing fumbles and Cook has hands problems.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm a bit concerned about the possible game script. If the weather is quite poor; meaning cold, very windy, and snowing this could severely impact the Bills passing game. I think this negates are huge advantage for the Bills. 

I myself don't want the Bills to get into a possession type run game scenario and game script with Pitt. That's exactly their strength. There's much less room for error here. 

I'd rather have the Bills march down the field with a quick striking passing game. Utilizing Cook, Shakir, Kincaid, and Diggs. Get some big chunk plays and mix in the run. Go up two scores and force Pitt to pass more. Perhaps they will be able to still accomplish this. 

Side note. A 10 point spread is ridiculously high. Take the points and cash your tickets. 

Really hope for a quick start. If we can grab lead and Mason has to pass, then I think we will be fine but agree 10 seems way to high. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Michael Irvin and Richard Sherman on their show with Skip think the Bills are a flimsy #2 seed and Pittsburgh will be super physical and punch us in the mouth.  I guess that means the Bills D and Oline won't be physical and will get pushed around all game.  Okay.

Well I disagree with them. I think this is the most physical this team has played in the McD regime.  They punch people in the mouth.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, I am going to cringe everytime Cook gets the ball.  Pittsburg is good at causing fumbles and Cook has hands problems.

Agreed. There was a rumor that Cook has great hands and catches really well. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Who cares about the spread, that a pop-culture money thing that's based upon perceptions, which are often rooted in extreme superficialities.  That's why Vegas makes money hand over fist.  Has nothing to do with reality.  Someone good at wagering can figure out where the "deals" are.  

Honestly, much depends upon Allen, and since his play is such a wild-card in the generic sense of the word, it's difficult to know what to expect.  

I'll go ahead and say the quiet part out loud here, but if anything, our handicap in the playoffs has been McD & Co.  We're a better team.  If they cannot figure out how to tweak that in homefield advantage, with rabid fans, then that's on them.  He has yet to beat a 4th or better seed in the playoffs.  

Hopefully this is the season where he shatters that paradigm.  

If not, LOL, this place is going to be a colossal hoot for months.  

Coaching for this game is key and it seemingly favors Tomlin.  ... at least until further notice.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Maynard said:

WR Gabe Davis (knee), CB Rasul Douglas (knee), S Taylor Rapp (calf) and LB Tyrel Dodson (shoulder) will not practice today and are day-to-day moving forward throughout the week, according to McDermott.

Yeah, when you listen to the press conference, McDermott didn't offer the day-to-day tag, it was the reporter who said something like so they're in the day to day bucket and he said yeah. 

So interesting the wording compared to the report from @HappyDays

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Well I disagree with them. I think this is the most physical this team has played in the McD regime.  They punch people in the mouth.

Yeah definitely.....honestly with the injuries it's been a bit of a surprise.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Lets put some actual numbers to all of this. In terms of causing TOs, the Bills and Steelers have had very similar years. The Steelers have forced 5 more fumbles this year, but the Bills recovered one more fumble than them. The Bills had two more INTS than Pittsburgh. The Bills had 7 more sacks than the Steelers. The Bills D was better in both passing and rushing yards per game. They are about equal on PPG. So, the Steelers have a good D but this is not a situation where the BIlls are playing a defense that is clearly stronger. That won't be the case against the Chiefs or Ravens, BTW. On offense, the Steelers only two dominant rushing performances came in the last two weeks against the Seahawks who have the second-worst rushing D in the NFL, and the Ravens' second and third-string players. By the end of that game, all the Ravens ST guys were playing defense. The Bills could lose this game, but there is nothing in the stats that indicates that the Steelers have any advantage in any area. I think that some people see those uniforms and expect Jerome Bettis to come marching out there. That is not the case. OTOH, the Bills rank 8th in passing yards per game while the Steelers rank 25. I know that it's been better with Rudolph (still never over 300 yards) and that the wind might negate that, but it still is a huge advantage.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Michael Irvin and Richard Sherman on their show with Skip think the Bills are a flimsy #2 seed and Pittsburgh will be super physical and punch us in the mouth.  I guess that means the Bills D and Oline won't be physical and will get pushed around all game.  Okay.

Pits oline is pretty bad…these are weird takes.  It’s like they’re hung up on what these franchises are usually known for over how they’ve been playing this year.  The bills have been much better in the trenches in both sides of the ball compared to years past 

their dline is pretty bad too without watt 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Pits oline is pretty bad…these are weird takes.  It’s like they’re hung up on what these franchises are usually known for over how they’ve been playing this year.  The bills have been much better in the trenches in both sides of the ball compared to years past 

their dline is pretty bad too without watt 

EXACTLY! People see Steelers helmets and expect certain things. Just as an aside, do people here know that the BIlls have given up the fewest number of sacks in the league this year?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.