Who will you root for - Miami or KC?

sleeby

Fins or Chiefs  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you root for next saturday?

On 1/8/2024 at 12:56 AM, sleeby said:

All things aside (injuries, etc), Miami stunk.  This game reminded me of a few others this year in which the Bills' offense handed the game over to the other team whilst also dominating them in time and yards.  Jets, week 1, to start with.  The bad teams usually won those - jets, pats, broncos; giants just couldn't take the offered win but came close.

Anyhow, point is that we dominated Miami twice this year as well as several previous years.  We also do well against the chiefs save for playoff games.  Miami is a division rival which makes them more familiar with us and so dangerous.

Either game would be in Buffalo. 

So, who will you be rooting for next Saturday?  

It’s also very hard to beat a team three times in a year.  I’d still probably pull for Miami.  

They just have such terrible injury luck.  They’ll get back Mostert and Waddle which will help but neither will be 100%.  Hill likely is not 100% either.  

Then there’s a defense who will be missing 4-5 starters, and a key utility player in Van Ginkel.   

It’s not impossible to get a win at Arrowhead but if they do, they then have to travel to play Baltimore after a bye week.   I just think it will be an incredibly path and if they can make it into the AFCCG, they easily could run out of steam.  

On 1/8/2024 at 12:14 AM, Bimmer323i said:

Is anyone worried about Pittsburgh… I haven’t seen them play but heard the Baltimore game was pretty brutal… There’s a lot of delusional Pittsburgh fans that think there gonna come up to our stadium and beat us enroute to the super bowl 

I would not overlook Steelers.  Mike Tomlin coaches up his teams and has them ready.  Mason Rudolph has been playing well and is looking to prove he can win as he is free agent next year.  If he can win against Buffalo, his market is wide open for 2024, so he will be motivated.  In the end though, with TJ Watt out, I think Bills shold be able to take care of business.  I expect a CLOSE game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

I would not overlook Steelers.  Mike Tomlin coaches up his teams and has them ready.  Mason Rudolph has been playing well and is looking to prove he can win as he is free agent next year.  If he can win against Buffalo, his market is wide open for 2024, so he will be motivated.  In the end though, with TJ Watt out, I think Bills shold be able to take care of business.  I expect a CLOSE game.

Same. This will be a close game. I could see this game being in doubt in the 4th quarter. I do think the Bills will win but it will be a nervous 3 hours or so between 1 - 4. 

Sabres 20 Penguins 17

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Same. This will be a close game. I could see this game being in doubt in the 4th quarter. I do think the Bills will win but it will be a nervous 3 hours or so between 1 - 4. 

Sabres 20 Penguins 17

I think the whole "If we run the ball and allen turns it over" strategy fails to link to the likelihood of them turning the ball over.  They fumbled 6 times against the ravens last week and lost 2.  Rudolph was 18/20 for 152 yards, and 71 came on a catch and run (17/19 for 81 yards is less than 4 yards per pass) - he also had a likely pick 6 dropped.  So even with their conservative approach, they still almost turned it over a ton.  They also punted 6 times. 

I see them coming into a bad weather game and trying to run it to avoid exposing rudolph, but there will be 3rd and longs.  And in those 3rd and longs you need to make plays, and i don't think he will.  Either turnovers, sacks, poor punts, whatever - i expect rudolph to lose this game for the steelers.  Get up early and they will really struggle to get back into the game.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Like (+1) 3

I don't think the Steelers game will be close one.  The Steelers got a gift 🎁 from Baltimore.  If they played Tennessee, I don't think they will be in this mix.  Their D is decent but their offense is terrible.  Any given Sunday anything can happen, but I am not worried about this game.  

5 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Good question.. my wife is actually a huge swifite and wants to go. Does anyone know which suite opposing players family/friends typically stay in? Legitimate question. 

It used to be the suite behind my seats many years ago.  I've seen John Elway (Denver) Mark Davis (Raiders) and Jim Brown (Cleveland) in there.  Not sure where they go now.  

Edited by Just Jack

On 1/8/2024 at 1:02 AM, mannc said:

Texans will be playing Cleveland in their dome.  I think they will win, then get slaughtered by Ravens

keep that negativity to yourself.  Want the AFCCG as home game for Bills!!

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I take Miami, all day long.

KC is the better team who offers US the worse matchup.

Someone like Miami getting rid of KC without us facing them would be fantastic.

The Bengals are already magically out of the picture.

Now if wet can get someone to go into Baltimore and upset the Ravens....

Miami would play Baltimore, and we would play the winner of Houston/Cleveland if Miami beats KC. 

Everything will be right with the world if we force Mahomes to travel to our house for a playoff game, for the first time in his career...then put the Chiefs on humiliating blast. Will cross the Baltimore bridge when we get there. Of any of the times during this KC dynastic run, they seem to be most vulnerable this year, and ripe for the picking, imho. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Most important is the Bills beating Pittsburgh. After that I want the Browns in Baltimore for the divisional round. That only happens if the Chiefs and Browns win their games along with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

keep that negativity to yourself.  Want the AFCCG as home game for Bills!!

I do too…I just think people are overrating the Browns and underrating the Texans.  Flacco is about to turn into a pumpkin.

7 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Everything will be right with the world if we force Mahomes to travel to our house for a playoff game, for the first time in his career...then put the Chiefs on humiliating blast. Will cross the Baltimore bridge when we get there. Of any of the times during this KC dynastic run, they seem to be most vulnerable this year, and ripe for the picking, imho. 

First, you had me at “Everything will be right with the world…”

Second, you didn’t tell us how you did in the Disney marathon.  Given the pedestal you rightly deserve to be standing on in my head I assumed you either won and are being humble, or didn’t win and the only reason why is because you saw orphaned kittens in the last 400 yards and decided your humanity was more important than laurel leaves on your head and graciously bowed out to care for them.

That said don’t wreck this for me.  Let these scenarios repeat in my mind, the way they should.

If you could only see the shiny light that glows on you in either image.  It really is quite spectacular.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I want KC at home, in the weather and let their punk ***** feel our damn crpud noise for once.  

Be careful what you wish for, the Chiefs have actually been a better road team this year (7-2) than at home (4-4) and they are built perfectly in the trenches to dominate come playoff time.

That's why I keep saying I want no part of them again in the playoffs and praying for Miami to shock the world and pull off the big upset Saturday night.

16 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Be careful what you wish for, the Chiefs have actually been a better road team this year (7-2) than at home (4-4) and they are built perfectly in the trenches to dominate come playoff time.

That's why I keep saying I want no part of them again in the playoffs and praying for Miami to shock the world and pull off the big upset Saturday night.

That would be funny. If they make it through 1 cold game, they will suck in a 2nd one.  

I just need us to dial up 48 points on them.

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

First, you had me at “Everything will be right with the world…”

Second, you didn’t tell us how you did in the Disney marathon.  Given the pedestal you rightly deserve to be standing on in my head I assumed you either won and are being humble, or didn’t win and the only reason why is because you saw orphaned kittens in the last 400 yards and decided your humanity was more important than laurel leaves on your head and graciously bowed out to care for them.

That said don’t wreck this for me.  Let these scenarios repeat in my mind, the way they should.

If you could only see the shiny light that glows on you in either image.  It really is quite spectacular.

Donuts, it was a mixed bag tbh...weather was actually not great for portion of it (cooler side/rainy), and I ended up running just the first 3 days (5k, 10k, and half marathon), and not the full (last minute scheduling issue, had to come home a day early). Storm predictions for the Saturday meant that RunDisney shortened the half course by 6 miles as of the night before, so we ran a glorified 10K with a 4:45 am start to beat the rain/lightning, and for the slowest groups they cut off a further mile during the race...lots of unhappy runners I can tell you! I felt bad for my sister and my nephew who were running down there for the first time ever, and experienced a shortened race and less of the entertaining experience that this usually is--but we still got to at least spend some time as a family, given we live half a country apart, that's what matters most. For the record, my "blistering" pace was a staid 13:11/per mile average.     

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

That would be funny. If they make it through 1 cold game, they will suck in a 2nd one.  

I just need us to dial up 48 points on them.

Chiefs are also a cold weather team, not quite 'cold weather' like Buffalo but they've definitely played in their share of ugly games through the years. But this is why I say it favors them now more than ever because they don't have that high flying passing game anymore, they have the best defense in the NFL carrying them this year which is a bad omen for everyone in the AFC playoffs this year, not just the Bills.

If the Browns win, then KC for sure. That'll send Cleveland to Baltimore for what might be the best game of the playoffs and will take out at least one of the two (IMO) biggest threats to Buffalo out of the conference. Otherwise? Who cares. Just win.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:13 AM, Behindenemylines said:

Mahomes in the playoffs is a different animal.  I’d rather see Miami again(I think…) 

also just how beat up will either team be at that point plays a role. 

Hoping for double overtime game with a few suspensions.

4 hours ago, boyst said:

bold prediction. if the browns and ravens play in the divisional round - the winner will not win the super bowl and may not even make it due to being too banged up.

further, the browns winning would be their superbowl. the ravens winning would put them back on their normal trend of being the ravens and losing playoff games.

That's a real possibility.  Those two teams play physical on both sides of the ball, and they don't like each (division rivals), so they're both going to go all out to win this game.  The winner may very well come out of this game physically hurting and mentally exhausted.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I voted Miami just so I could read their bord

abojt how great Tua Is for a week for them to lose by 70 in Baltimore the next week 

it's lunch time on Tuesay and you're drunk.

Edited by boyst

To me, the BEST outcome is KC wins so that Mahomes finally has to play on the road and comes to Buffalo and gets spanked.

The WORST outcome is KC wins, Mahomes goes on the road and ends that narrative by beating the Bills.  So, I'm torn.

Hate to say it but I want the Chiefs to win.  Rather see a Cleveland/Baltimore blood bath in the Divisional round rather than having the Browns come to OP.  The entertainment value will be sky high for both games.   I think the Browns have the best chance to knock off the Ravens.   Also, this is the script the NFL wants so it is etched in stone. 

On 1/7/2024 at 10:45 PM, Punch said:

It's going to be the Chiefs visiting Orchard Park, anything else is wishful thinking. 

I voted Chiefs, fwiw. I wouldn't have it any other way.

This. If we want a Lombardi trophy we need to earn it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.