Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

51 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

People can’t even change their tires without calling for help. Softness will soon lead to hard times. 

My 2021 Toyota didn’t even come with a spare. You’re SOL. 

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

2+ feet is not a few inches. Mix that with alcohol and whiteout conditions and that's a recipe for disaster for both people driving and pedestrians trying to leave the stadium.

More like alcohol and blackout conditions. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So you're going?

We are traveling from VA and have flights early Sunday morning but expecting to receive a rebooking notice anytime now. Now looking at driving sometime tomorrow afternoon instead.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

We are traveling from VA and have flights early Sunday morning but expecting to receive a rebooking notice anytime now. Now looking at driving sometime tomorrow afternoon instead.

If you can swing it, I would not wait until afternoon to leave.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Flights in are already being cancelled so yes keep an eye on that

We are a cursed team, and the curse comes in various forms every season. This year it appears to be weather related. Some deity out there does not want us to ever advance to a SB ever again. 

I know the game has not been played yet and we could win, but if we don't? I am 100% blaming the weather. In more neutral conditions I believe we blow The Steelers out, so yes, if we lose, the curse has struck again and now we gotta worry about getting "home field" advantage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I chickened out. I would have to drive the thruway from Boston. Not doing that in a squall.

I respect the thought process and the decision.  The beauty is that we can have opposing opinions and tolerances and neither is right or wrong. 

23 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

Went to Tops late this afternoon to stock up on beer and other bear essentials. The place was a zoo. People are panic buying like the apocalypse is coming. Only bread left on the shelf was multigrain. 

Beer and beer essentials. Nice! 

3 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

We are a cursed team, and the curse comes in various forms every season. This year it appears to be weather related. Some deity out there does not want us to ever advance to a SB ever again. 

I know the game has not been played yet and we could win, but if we don't? I am 100% blaming the weather. In more neutral conditions I believe we blow The Steelers out, so yes, if we lose, the curse has struck again and now we gotta worry about getting "home field" advantage.

We’ve reached GDT like hysterics 🤣🤣🤣 :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I wonder how the shovelers plan to get there …

What’s the expectations for shovelers? Could you just show up, say you’re a shoveler and not do much and score a free ticket?

2 hours ago, BrettFavre said:

And now your food is full of plastic. All "progress" isn't progress. 

What's your food full of, or shouldn't I ask?

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

What’s the expectations for shovelers? Could you just show up, say you’re a shoveler and not do much and score a free ticket?

I don't think the shovelers get free tickets now a days.  They get paid $20/hr, which for overnight work 10 pm to 10 am might be $240

And access to a warming room/chow

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I don’t see where they would get tickets from 

$20/hour, overnight shift -  they’re not getting much effort for that when it’s reported and taxed too. 

Edited by DasNootz
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Heitz said:

We’ve reached GDT like hysterics 🤣🤣🤣 :beer: 

It's how I perpetually feel. Years and years and years of this has done this to me. It started with "Wide Right" and I feel I have had(I mean, not me personally, but as a Bills fan and I am sure a lot of you relate) so many years of heartbreak and truly believing this team is cursed. It's just how I feel 😭

So, if we pull out a win on Sunday, when is this supposed next band supposed to start? Would it interfere yet again with our game next weekend?

Edited by Aimee75

14 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

It's how I perpetually feel. Years and years and years of this has done this to me. It started with "Wide Right" and I feel I have had(I mean, not me personally, but as a Bills fan and I am sure a lot of you relate) so many years of heartbreak and truly believing this team is cursed. It's just how I feel 😭

So, if we pull out a win on Sunday, when is this supposed next band supposed to start? Would it interfere yet again with our game next weekend?

Maybe the nasty weather starting out this weekend will prove to be a big assist for Buffalo to get to the AFC Championship game.  I gotta believe recent experiences in wind (NE game, Balt playoff),  Freezing cold (NE playoff game) and snow (Miami and Cinci games) has the Bills, McDermott and Allen more prepared to deal with the conditions better than our opponents.

I was in the stadium for Wide Right so I get what you're saying...just feel like the string of bad endings in playoffs has to end.  The fanbase and team is ready.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

No show job?  

Just tell 'em your Bills Mafia.  You should be all set.  

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

Great after we beat Pittsburgh we can go through this all over again next week! 

Well, let's wait and see.  This one's real, the other may just for clicks.  

40 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

So the weather forecast is improving Aimee?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Maybe the nasty weather starting out this weekend will prove to be a big assist for Buffalo to get to the AFC Championship game.  I gotta believe recent experiences in wind (NE game, Balt playoff),  Freezing cold (NE playoff game) and snow (Miami and Cinci games) has the Bills, McDermott and Allen more prepared to deal with the conditions better than our opponents.

I was in the stadium for Wide Right so I get what you're saying...just feel like the string of bad endings in playoffs has to end.  The fanbase and team is ready.

Eff that, we should be a prime candidate to host a Superbowl 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.