Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

Buffalo Metro now supposed to get in on the action Saturday night...

Just looked at NWS Buffalo forecast for my area in the Depew/Lancaster area and see we now have a Winter Storm Watch as well and they expect 6-10 inches of snow Saturday night.

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Wind forecast is now inching closer to 30mph. And snow is now almost guaranteed 90% @ 3-5 inches.  This game is going to be a slog.

Likely much higher than that...weather.com is not a reliable source for these events. 

NWS Buffalo or Donn Paul only.

8 hours ago, Aimee75 said:

For me personally, it's knowing how much the players hate it(which is understandable, I don't think any like it). Jordan Poyer HATES the cold. He gets miserable when October comes around. Josh has talked at length about how he loses feelings in his fingers and toes(I relate!! Might be a raynauds thing). We have not had too many snow games that I can recall in the JA era, but I am thinking of some of the sloppy weather games in the past and how they went.

2021 Ravens Divisional game-it wasn't the best. The wind was strong and made life difficult for the offense. I think Josh had some almost passes to Diggs, but they sailed. Taron Johnson's pick six was a game changer.

2021 game against Colts. It was windy and a lot of sleet. Bills could not get anything going on offense. I think Bass missed some field goals. We got blown out.

2021 Wind storm game-Little to no offense. When he finally started to throw the ball it was too late.

2021 Falcons game. Sloppy weather. Sloppy turnovers. Cole Beasley was our saving grace in this one. Josh had some great runs. Was a struggle up till that point.

The bad weather game against Cleveland was moved to Detroit, so no comment.

Divisional game against Bengals last year? Sloppy. Poor footing on The Bills side.

So yeah, hard for me to get excited about this game that will have even worse inclements. 

The Bills have done better in bad weather games, like rain ones against Philly and Dallas, so I am hoping maybe this time around the heavy snow won't hinder them too badly, but it's hard to get my hopes up with their history.

There was a game i recall a few years ago vs Philly. It wasn’t snowing and freezing but it was cold and very windy w some rain. Carson Wentz completed a ton of short dump off passes and the Eagles killed us.  I recall thinking after that game how the Bills and McDermott were so poorly prepared to play in the wind and the eagles had a masterclass lesson in how to use a passing game in the wind here.  Hopefully McD and Brady watched the film this week of all the wind games.

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

There was a game i recall a few years ago vs Philly. It wasn’t snowing and freezing but it was cold and very windy w some rain. Carson Wentz completed a ton of short dump off passes and the Eagles killed us.  I recall thinking after that game how the Bills and McDermott were so poorly prepared to play in the wind and the eagles had a masterclass lesson in how to use a passing game in the wind here.  Hopefully McD and Brady watched the film this week of all the wind games.

I was ushering that game wind and rain right in my face. Eagles fans were the biggest POSs I ever encountered working there

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I actually almost mentioned that one too. It was 2019. The weather was sloppy and once the Eagles started piling it on, The Bills looked like they wanted to just get off the field.

8 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If the weather is bad enough and there’s a state of emergency on Sunday, maybe just move the game to Monday at 1 PM, rather than move it to a different city altogether?

I wish.

Is it wrong that I wish Hochul would call it already? 

12 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

New stadium but no roof so we can have weather advantage.  Playoff home game moved to Cleveland because of weather. Where is the advantage?

When I saw that it made me laugh. Detroit's dome was used last year, I still say the NFL screwed that one up, although they did the Bills a huge favor there. 

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

Keep in mind this is from Saturday afternoon through the night Sunday however....

• The snow band will shift and not everywhere on this map (really focusing on WNY here) will be affected at the same time
  • It is going to be windy as all hell, though, so there's a chance everywhere on this map may have white out conditions even if it is not currently snowing
  • A majority of the people who travel to the game live within that dark red zone
  • Orchard Park is right about where the .2" is on the 22.2" mark below Buffalo
  • GO BILLS
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If the weather is bad enough and there’s a state of emergency on Sunday, maybe just move the game to Monday at 1 PM, rather than move it to a different city altogether?

Agreed.  If not, looks like they're going to have to be clearing the field every 10 minutes.  

Was at the Miami game last year, that was no picnic weather wise, but this looks a lot worse.  At least it stopped before that game and we just had the aftermath.  

Not sure how many fans are going to bail, seems dangerous to go.  This ph'n blows!  

8 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg

Keep in mind this is from Saturday afternoon through the night Sunday however....

• The snow band will shift and not everywhere on this map (really focusing on WNY here) will be affected at the same time
  • It is going to be windy as all hell, though, so there's a chance everywhere on this map may have white out conditions even if it is not currently snowing
  • A majority of the people who travel to the game live within that dark red zone
  • Orchard Park is right about where the .2" is on the 22.2" mark below Buffalo
  • GO BILLS

This will be a fun one to say the least. Dress warm and stay safe folks.

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Agreed.  If not, looks like they're going to have to be clearing the field every 10 minutes.  

Was at the Miami game last year, that was no picnic weather wise, but this looks a lot worse.  At least it stopped before that game and we just had the aftermath.  

Not sure how many fans are going to bail, seems dangerous to go.  This ph'n blows!  

IF they play in Buffalo on Sunday, it’s going to be similar to Bills/Colts several years back, or when we played in Cleveland about 15 years ago.  No kicking game, minimal passing and just trying to run the ball without turning it over.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, it's happening. Chance of precipitation on Sunday in Orchard Park is 100% and the forecast is for 8-12" Saturday Night on top of that.

Latest forecast:

"Saturday Night

Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 21. Windy, with a southwest wind 28 to 36 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Sunday

Snow before 7am, then a chance of snow showers between 7am and 10am, then snow after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow after 10am. High near 24. Windy, with a southwest wind 26 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%."

I love how the bullseye of the heaviest predicted accumulation is right over the stadium.  ugh.  It's gonna be a wild and weird game.  I'm sure the national audience will enjoy the weather scenes but we're going to be nervous as hell.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

They won’t! (A la the Saturday Night game against the Dolphins last season)

True lol, Saturday looks like a huge dumping of snow too, not sure if that's doable this time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.