Do you tell the team the outcome of Jags/Titans?

boyst

Do you tell the team they're in the playoffs?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you tell the team they're in the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

I know there will be no hiding it from them but in a different world where you could control it do you tell them the outcome? Do you let them know they're guaranteed to make the playoffs? Do you not tell them to make them feel the pressure? Maybe if they know they play more loose?

I think it’s impossible for them to be away from people for that long without finding something out it’s not like they are sequestered in the locker room. The motivation to get two playoff games at home especially against their old friends the Chiefs is all the motivation they need 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

How the heck do you think you are keeping that a secret exactly?   Ever heard of a smart phone or a fan behind the bench?   What a silly question

I bet you were fun as a kid with your imagination.

In a hypothetical world I clarified 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

In your given scenario - sure. The fact they are playing for the 2 seed and 2 home games in the playoffs is more than enough incentive. Any potential loss of effort would be cancelled by the extra buzz of making the playoffs and still having something meaningful to play for.

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

How the heck do you think you are keeping that a secret exactly?   Ever heard of a smart phone or a fan behind the bench?   It’s fine they know.  

Even if it was the 80's they'd know with 4 hours in between.. coach would have to kidnap them and take away all devices. It is an interesting question though and who knows the right answer.

Edited by Bferra13

6 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Do they live in a bunker?

5 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

How the heck do you think you are keeping that a secret exactly?   Ever heard of a smart phone or a fan behind the bench?   What a silly question

Did you all even read the scenario?

"I know there will be no hiding it from them but in a different world where you could control it do you tell them the outcome?"

My wife has no idea that the Jags lost or that it now means the Bills are in.

I have not told her yet and am deciding whether to tell her or let the tension build until somebody mentions it on the broadcast tonight. :D

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I voted no, because I'd want them pissed off and aggressive tonight.

But in reality I would actually tell them, but only because they are going to find out eventually and I wouldn't want to lose their trust.

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

I know there will be no hiding it from them but in a different world where you could control it do you tell them the outcome? Do you let them know they're guaranteed to make the playoffs? Do you not tell them to make them feel the pressure? Maybe if they know they play more loose?

In an ideal world, I still tell them. I think it pumps them up and I think they’d play loose being this is the first game in a month and a half with the pressure being off. I also think Miami knowing the Bills are in and they’re banged up is going to have the Dolphins playing tentatively, so it’s another opportunity to steamroll them and send a message in the event they meet them in a few weeks. 

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

I voted no, because I'd want them pissed off and aggressive tonight.

But in reality I would actually tell them, but only because they are going to find out eventually and I wouldn't want to lose their trust.

I actually wanted the Jags to win because I think the Bills play their best when their backs are against the wall. 

• Like (+1) 1

Don’t get me wrong it’s nice to be in the playoffs but the outcome of the titans game really shouldn’t matter whatsoever on today’s game.  The #2 seed is massively important.  If you can’t get a bye a chance at 2 home games (possibly 3) is about as good as it gets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The ONLY one who might not know is Jake Fromm but I think the let him out of his bunker and I also am pretty sure he’s not on our team anymore. 

But in the fantasy land with all comms cut off? Hell yes you tell them. So much less pressure and that makes them play better. I think by clinching, the bills dominate tonight. It’s ask gravy at this point. (Really good gravy, but gravy nonetheless). 

Edited by stevestojan

39 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think it’s impossible for them to be away from people for that long without finding something out it’s not like they are sequestered in the locker room. The motivation to get two playoff games at home especially against their old friends the Chiefs is all the motivation they need 

Forget being away from people. As soon as they run out onto the field it will be on the scoreboard. 

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes, I would. I'd say guys you are in the dance, the pressure is lifted, now go make a damn statement that says the road goes through Buffalo. 

Yep I was kind of for not telling them when it was up in the air but now that we know we're in, release the tension then tell to go kick their ass anyway, lighting up that stupid Guitar.

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

The ONLY one who might not know is Jake Fromm but I think the let him out of his bunker and I also am pretty sure he’s not on our team anymore. 

But in the fantasy land with all comms cut off? Hell yes you tell them. So much less pressure and that makes them play better. I think by clinching, the bills dominate tonight. It’s ask gravy at this point. (Really good gravy, but gravy nonetheless). 

Are we sure?

Jake Fromm wondering if any of the Bills QBs have Covid in 2023:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wmu8v279nvo7hng4fq

• Haha (+1) 3

The Bills are going to work hard to get the #2 Seed when it is in offer.  The Bills are one 12-man in the field call away from being 8-0 at Highmark Stadium and they will love to have the opportunity to play two games at home in the playoffs.  Go Bills !!!

58 minutes ago, boyst said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952e1n7ac5q7x17zc5sa

14 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Are we pretending in the world of social media there is a way to keep it from them?

Unless they make the decision they don't want to know it's impossible. Try recording a game these days lol.

They all got on a plane yesterday afternoon before the first game and have been together since, if the team collectively wanted to not know they could not know.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.