Steelers @ Ravens 4:30pm Game Thread

Process

2 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

We knew Baltimore was resting starters so this isn't surprising at all.

I said last week we're gonna need to win tomorrow night to get in. 

Only some of us knew they were resting starters. There are hundreds of posts about it starting a week ago where people here insisted the Ravens wouldn’t rest their starters. It was hilarious a week ago and even more today with all the crying from people that the Ravens actually did indeed rest starters today. Ravens earned the right to do what they did today. We will see how it impacts them in two weeks. Posters here years ago routinely wanted the Bills to rest starters in meaningless season ending game. But yet today it’s the worst thing some have ever seen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Calling a 10 win team that beat the Bengals twice, the Ravens twice, the Texans, the Browns with Watson, the Rams, and the Seahawks while having nobodies at QB. LOL.  The team is not trash. They just don't have a star QB.

They didn’t really beat THE ravens twice to be fair.  Seattle is very mediocre also.  They beat the jake browning bengals that weren’t very good twice is why they’re knocking on the door of the playoffs.   you might want to check that Texans Steelers box score again 😂

Steelers are a fringe playoff team with watt…Its pretty fair to say based on the effort tonight they probably would not have beaten the ravens starters.  They’re pretty much a 9-8 team with some surprising wins and terrible losses.  With burrow starting all year they’re probably 8-9 at best.  They dodged a ton of divisional bullets due to insane luck lol. 13-3 ravens without Lamar and cincy x2 without burrow is half their division games 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Airseven said:

This game will be a figment of the imagination in 24 hours. The notion they’d play starters to win this game in a monsoon could only be conjured by petulant Bills fans.

Or, coaches like Belichick, the GOAT - who often went all out.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Billznut said:

A few years ago when we were playing for the 2 seed, tons of posters here were screaming for the Bills to rest all their starters cause it made NO difference whether we ended up the 2 seed or 3 seed. 

What’s your point? 

7 minutes ago, Airseven said:

This game will be a figment of the imagination in 24 hours. The notion they’d play starters to win this game in a monsoon could only be conjured by petulant Bills fans.

Why are you here… better yet, how has Scott not banned you for life? Do you have pics? And if you do, could you share so I can also be untouchable?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s makin the 2 seed play an extra game though which is giving a massive advantage to the 1 seed.  Instead of playing nobody they’ve gotta play a pretty decent team so I don’t think it’s watering down the competition imo but I could see how somebody would 

I just preferred the two seeds getting a bye. There was nothing wrong with that strategy. 

This is a cash grab by the league. Nothing more. 

The two seed should get something out of this new format. Like choosing who they play in round one.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They didn’t really beat THE ravens twice to be fair.  Seattle is very mediocre also.  And you might want to check that Texans Steelers box score again 😂

They did beat the Ravens twice.  Yeah I don't know how I got that Texans game in there.  Watching 3 things at once I would imagine.

At the end of the day its just a bunch of emotional Bills fans not thinking logically because they wanted a shoe in from the Ravens and didn't get it.  Now they are trash talking both teams.  The Bills need to take care of it themselves.  Its how it should be.  If they cant then its their own fault.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Sorry man, we just don't agree.

They are not a good football team. Good football teams don't have negative point differentials over a 17 game season or get outgained in their first 9 games, setting an NFL record in the process. They are a fluke and will be gone first game if they somehow make the playoffs

I don't care how they did it. They still won the games they needed to put them in a spot to make the playoffs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s not that they needed to play their starters it’s that they didn’t play their starters at all. They are about to play roughly 20 days without any meaningful snaps for a team that’s crazy especially if they get the Browns who know them as well as anyone 

So you think going through the motions for a couple series makes that much difference? I guess it’s possible and I can’t debate you on it. Perhaps that was the plan until the field was flooded and increased the risk.

My point was aimed at the bizarre whining that the Ravens should’ve played to win because it was a rival or something.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I don't care how they did it. They still won the games they needed to put them in a spot to make the playoffs. 

Well, actually they haven't. They need us or the Jags to lose still

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Will the playoff committee keep the Steelers out due to them not being same team without Watt???

My bad…..that’s only in college 

Cuts deep. But I like it. 👍

3 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Oh I don't know. Maybe 2 teams that wanted to win. What an idea!!!!

Who though?  What game in the Sun 1pm starts matters that would deserve the Sat start?  Jax game might be the only other one.  All these games are mostly meaningless garbage at this point.  Either its good team vs bad, a team that is already locked for the playoffs, or bad vs bad, or has a premium game spot already.

36 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

If we don’t squish the fish tomorrow we ain’t going very far in the playoffs even if we get in. The road would likely be @KC the @Balt

Yeah…we won’t even BE in the playoffs 

sadly I think we will be watching at home 

Going to be a depressing January I think 

28 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They did beat the Ravens twice.  Yeah I don't know how I got that Texans game in there.  Watching 3 things at once I would imagine.

At the end of the day it’s just a bunch of emotional Bills fans not thinking logically because they wanted a shoe in from the Ravens and didn't get it.  Now they are trash talking both teams.  The Bills need to take care of it themselves.  It’s how it should be.  If they cant then it’s their own fault.

I mean on paper sure they beat them tonight but as far as evidence of ‘how can you say the Steelers aren’t that good look at who they beat this year’ this game meant nothing lol 

my point has nothing to do with the bills at all…Steelers are a mediocre at best team that will sneak in the playoffs based on catching superior teams at the right time if they make it at all. Were beating up the bills for losing to three bad teams at various points throughout the year? Pit lost three extremely important games in a row against Arizona NE and Indy down the stretch 

idk how Tomlin gets away with it lol they were an essential lock for the playoffs and they completely choked and now Tomlin gets praise for another winning season with supposedly no talent because Baltimore pretty much gifted them a win 😂.  Doesn’t even bother me at all if they end up being the team that keeps us out I just was taken aback by someone implying they are good 

tonight was the perfect result for the bills if they have actual Super Bowl aspirations imo…Baltimore might come out flat and get bounced despite being the best team and we might get pit in round 1

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Who though?  What game in the Sun 1pm starts matters that would deserve the Sat start?  Jax game might be the only other one.  All these games are mostly meaningless garbage at this point.  Either its good team vs bad, a team that is already locked for the playoffs, or bad vs bad, or has a premium game spot already.

Think the only pair which would have made sense is Texans at Colts in the late afternoon slot, followed by Jags and Titans in primetime. Pure focus on the AFC South, three out of four teams after something and the fourth would at least be focusing on winning.

33 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Completely unrelated to the bills I think giving Lamar two weeks off is a blunder honestly…if they couldn’t have gotten the bye and had the 2 seed clinched then I’m all for resting key starters and Lamar all game but there’s a pretty good chance ravens come out flat in their first playoff game 

I would’ve played him a half if it was up to me

If nothing else they are clearly tempting fate based on what happened the last time they did the same thing. I think they'll see this weather as being a good excuse, and they are probably right... But if they come out flat vs their likely 1st round opponent Cleveland it could get interesting. 

5 minutes ago, 5ths the charm said:

Philly lost on purpose. Who would you want to play in the playoffs a one facet steelers team with a questionable qb or the Bills? Bills narrowly lost to them and steelers barely beat them with back ups.

They beat the Ravens their 1st meeting 17-10 and that was when TE Mark Andrews was also healthy, just saying I highly doubt they let anyone win especially a heated rivalry.

46 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Completely unrelated to the bills I think giving Lamar two weeks off is a blunder honestly…if they couldn’t have gotten the bye and had the 2 seed clinched then I’m all for resting key starters and Lamar all game but there’s a pretty good chance ravens come out flat in their first playoff game 

I hear you. You have to think that Harbaugh knows what's best for Lamar. 

Plus, you can't minimize the injury occurrence. 

I think Lamar will be just fine in the upcoming playoffs game. 

28 minutes ago, Airseven said:

So you think going through the motions for a couple series makes that much difference? I guess it’s possible and I can’t debate you on it. Perhaps that was the plan until the field was flooded and increased the risk.

My point was aimed at the bizarre whining that the Ravens should’ve played to win because it was a rival or something.

Hey the Ravens owe nothing to no one but in the playoffs if you come out flat for a quarter or two that may be it. Especially when you will play in round 2 arguably the hottest team in the AFC 

48 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Would you want Allen to play a half in the exact situation? I wouldn't! 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Would you want Allen to play a half in the exact situation? I wouldn't! 

Exactly.  Lamar has been injured the last couple years.  Playing a few series or even a half is meaningless two weeks from now.  Pitts just lost Watt.  Injuries happen.  Pitts is very physical and the field and weather were *****.  Playing Lamar in a meaningless game would be the coaching blunder.  Same people saying this would have McD's head on a stake if he played Allen in the same situation.  They are just thinking emotionally cus they scared, not logically.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.