Steelers @ Ravens 4:30pm Game Thread

Process

Just a dark day and cold steady rain.  Supposed to wrap up this evening but probably not until the game is late.

I like Tyler Huntley in this spot.  No pressure really, and he's a free agent when the season's over.  He said this game is important for him and he's going to ball out.  The Ravens won't lay down like dogs to a division rival who are going to be in their face and nasty today.  You know the Steelers will be amped up and talking sh*t.

• Like (+1) 1

The Ravens should go peak at the 2010 Chicago Bears and ask how important it is to knock out a rival when you have a chance.  The bears didn't do it in week 17 vs the packers and then lost them in the NFC Championship.  

I am of the belief that you knock a team if you have a chance especially if its an arch rival that beats you regularly.

• Like (+1) 4

Pittsburgh will pound the rock all day and win this one. 

15 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

The Ravens should go peak at the 2010 Chicago Bears and ask how important it is to knock out a rival when you have a chance.  The bears didn't do it in week 17 vs the packers and then lost them in the NFC Championship.  

I am of the belief that you knock a team if you have a chance especially if its an arch rival that beats you regularly.

It’s a meaningless game for Baltimore.  Harbaugh is doing the right thing 

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Pittsburgh will pound the rock all day and win this one. 

It’s a meaningless game for Baltimore.  Harbaugh is doing the right thing 

Time will tell.

Reminds me of when the Dolphins needed to win to get in and came to Buffalo a few years ago.

bills went up 28-0 in the second and rested starters the remainder of the game.

hopefully it’s a similar result!

3 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Reminds me of when the Dolphins needed to win to get in and came to Buffalo a few years ago.

bills went up 28-0 in the second and rested starters the remainder of the game.

hopefully it’s a similar result!

Except they played starters the first half, whereas Ravens sitting most starters. That MIGHT be the problem. 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Miserable weather in Baltimore. Should be an ugly game and hopefully a Ravens win. 

It’s an ugly game even in 75 and sunny 🌞 

The rain is so bad right now. 34 degrees and steady rain through about 6:30p or so. 

There’s a history of games like this scenario. And it’s often not the layup that people think it is for the team trying to get in. It’s not college, the Ravens will have to play some starters and lots of second level guys who are solid that want the W.

16 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The rain is so bad right now. 34 degrees and steady rain through about 6:30p or so. 

Thought I'd look at ticketmaster for a laugh.... you can get in for $12

Again, I am so jealous Pittsburgh gets to play a teams backups. What a nice spot to be in. What's worse is I feel like The Ravens might purposely tank this one. I will watch, but if it gets out of hand I don't think I can stomach it. I get Baltimore resting their starters, but by the time they play again it will have been three weeks. That is wild to me.

Do we only want the pressure off or do we want the division?  I say both. I just don't buy into the no pressure thing. I think both teams tomorrow will be playing for the #2 and home field playoff games. Let get that ravens win and let's get that win tomorrow. Go Bills

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Ravens resting practically everyone. They'd rather not help the Bills get in.

If Bills can't play their way in, they wouldn't do much anyway in which case I'd rather have a higher draft pick to get a WR. But I believe they can play their way in & go on a run.

Yeah, I feel like The Ravens are going to purposely tank this one.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Do we only want the pressure off or do we want the division?  I say both. I just don't buy into the no pressure thing. I think both teams tomorrow will be playing for the #2 and home field playoff games. Let get that ravens win and let's get that win tomorrow. Go Bills

Agreed. It'd be nice to go in tomorrow knowing the Bills are in whatever happens. But then it'll be about fighting the number two slot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic

Yeah I am already getting not great vibes from this one. Baltimore doesn't even look like they are trying, and quite frankly, I don't think they want to put The Bills in the playoffs. They are in a weird spot with that. If we don't make the playoffs, I am going to hope this somehow comes back to bite them.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.