Steelers @ Ravens 4:30pm Game Thread

Process

2 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Steelers definitely don't deserve it. 

This new 7th seed has watered down the competition.

The 7 seeds have not been close to winning in the postseason.

If the Jags and the Bills both lose, the Bills will get in as seventh seed.

1 minute ago, Process said:

A team with mason Rudolph at QB that lost to the Cardinals and Patriots at home in December has a chance to make the playoffs over us 🤦‍♂️

Trubisky played in those games.

21 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Yeah…it’s dumb.  Benching players ruins the integrity of the game and should not be allowed.  

A few years ago when we were playing for the 2 seed, tons of posters here were screaming for the Bills to rest all their starters cause it made NO difference whether we ended up the 2 seed or 3 seed. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

If the Jags and the Bills both lose, the Bills will get in as seventh seed.

Then the Bills would be a legit 7th seed against Miami. 

But historically, these average teams like Pittsburgh in 2021. & Seattle last year, don't put up a fight.

4 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Do the Bills deserve it if we lose tomorrow but so does the Jags?  How is it any different?  I don't like the 7th seed either and never have for the record.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I for one am glad that this Bills team is going to have to earn it in Miami tomorrow 

McDermott shouldn't get a pass if they back in, and now they most likely won't if they don't get the job done.

This is exactly the position that they deserve to be in

I agree with this thinking. Disappointed though because it was really looking like that game would set up as a tie. 

5 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

You know what?

scree harbaugh and the ravens

i hope they get blown out for taking 2 weeks off!!!!!

they are gonna get risked in divisional round and they got swept by the crappy steelers

i hope they reap something bad ugh

Honestly this is how I feel, but that doesn't matter. 

It just seems like Baltimore is playing with fire taking basically 3 weeks off, especially after it burned them in 2019. You don't have to be a jaded Bills fan to think that if they stumble in their first postseason game they kind of deserve it. 

Edited by buffblue
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, buffblue said:

His team has been mediocre every year for the last decade. Even in 2020 when they started like 12-0, they were incredibly lucky in nearly every game and did absolutely nothing in the postseason.

I mean, for crying out loud Pittsburgh was out gained in yards the first 9 games of the year this year. They are trash

I agree they are trash but they are 10-7. That has to tell you something. Trash teams don't go 10-7. 

Tomlin always seems a way to get wins. 

Just now, Process said:

So is 6 seed eliminated as a possibility now?

Unless Bills at Dolphins finishes as a tie. Then the Bills, on 10-6-1, will end up ahead of the Steelers as sixth seed.

Bills win - second

Bills tie - sixth

Bills lose and Jags lose - seventh

Bills lose and Jags win - out

The Colts can't play for the tie tonight with a Steelers win so not even going to consider that as a possibility.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe it's just me but I'm more upset with the Bills for blowing games against teams like New England and Denver earlier in the season than I am with Baltimore resting players in a meaningless regular season finale for them.

With that said just win tomorrow and take care of business 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Ravens didn’t purposefully lose.

Don't bother people believe they lost because they are terrified of the Bills. The reason definitely was not because the number 1 seed was locked up and they didn't want to risk injury on a meaningless game.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

Maybe it's just me but I'm more upset with the Bills for blowing games against teams like New England and Denver earlier in the season than I am with Baltimore resting players in a meaningless regular season finale for them.

With that said just win tomorrow and take care of business 

I'm upset about both.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

It’s makin the 2 seed play an extra game though which is giving a massive advantage to the 1 seed.  Instead of playing nobody they’ve gotta play a pretty decent team so I don’t think it’s watering down the competition imo but I could see how somebody would 

8 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Do you really believe Pittsburgh would have won this game if Baltimore played Jackson as they should have? 

Pittsburgh has beaten Baltimore now I believe it’s 7 of their last 8 meetings. Jackson played in most if not all of those. 

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

Ravens will put themselves in one hell of a position if the Steelers get in and they get Baltimore in the divisional round.

Could you imagine letting your division rival in and then they eliminate you?

If that happened it might be the one time I actually root for the Steelers. Which of course means they would probably lose 😭

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This really sucks. I’m not trying to get bailed out but I really didn’t want us to have to win that Dolphin game. Way too many things can go wrong in a 1 game setting. There’s going to be a ton of pressure now.

Like most of the Bills games this season it will probably be sickening. I just hope they have a great game plan and can get up on them early. 

6 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

You know what?

scree harbaugh and the ravens

i hope they get blown out for taking 2 weeks off!!!!!

they are gonna get risked in divisional round and they got swept by the crappy steelers

i hope they reap something bad ugh

I understand the anger. However, you can't expect the Ravens to play a lot starters in this spot. Not worth the risk with nothing to gain. 

Such for us Bills fans but I can't blame Harbaugh. The Ravens played hard and basically got beat by one big play. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Ravens lost their mojo and will pay the price in the divisional for essentially throwing the game today

This game will be a figment of the imagination in 24 hours. The notion they’d play starters to win this game in a monsoon could only be conjured by petulant Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Ravens will put themselves in one hell of a position if the Steelers get in and they get Baltimore in the divisional round.

Could you imagine letting your division rival in and then they eliminate you?

go ask the 2010 bears about the packers.

5 minutes ago, buffblue said:

His team has been mediocre every year for the last decade. Even in 2020 when they started like 12-0, they were incredibly lucky in nearly every game and did absolutely nothing in the postseason.

I mean, for crying out loud Pittsburgh was out gained in yards the first 9 games of the year this year. They are trash

Calling a 10 win team that beat the Bengals twice, the Ravens twice, the Texans, the Browns with Watson, the Rams, and the Seahawks while having nobodies at QB. LOL.  The team is not trash. They just don't have a star QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

This game will be a figment of the imagination in 24 hours. The notion they’d play starters to win this game in a monsoon could only be conjured by petulant Bills fans.

It’s not that they needed to play their starters it’s that they didn’t play their starters at all. They are about to play roughly 20 days without any meaningful snaps for a team that’s crazy especially if they get the Browns who know them as well as anyone 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I understand the anger. However, you can't expect the Ravens to play a lot starters in this spot. Not worth the risk with nothing to gain. 

Such for us Bills fans but I can't blame Harbaugh. The Ravens played hard and basically got beat by one big play. 

Completely unrelated to the bills I think giving Lamar two weeks off is a blunder honestly…if they couldn’t have gotten the bye and had the 2 seed clinched then I’m all for resting key starters and Lamar all game but there’s a pretty good chance ravens come out flat in their first playoff game 

I would’ve played him a half if it was up to me

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Calling a 10 win team that beat the Bengals twice, the Ravens twice, the Texans, the Browns with Watson, the Rams, and the Seahawks while having nobodies at QB. LOL.  The team is not trash. They just don't have a star QB.

They’re the luckiest team on earth. No one is afraid of them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Sorry man, we just don't agree.

They are not a good football team. Good football teams don't have negative point differentials over a 17 game season or get outgained in their first 9 games, setting an NFL record in the process. They are a fluke and will be gone first game if they somehow make the playoffs

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.