So, You are McDaniel and Dophins Management

9 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Why is this even a question?  Go for the 2 seed.  Especially the Dolphins.  They need home field 

It’s a question because they’ve got a lot of guys playing hurt and a few guys that they have to decide if they want to rush them back or not.  Getting into a physical game with a team that must win and losing some more guys is the end of their playoff hopes imo.  I’d absolutely go for the win too obviously lol you’re not just gonna let the other team win.  But I’d be pretty cautious with my injured players 

they’ve already got hill and Ramsey playing not at 100% if they rush back both mostert and waddle and those guys are dealing with nagging injuries in the playoffs I don’t see a way they’re competitive 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

"Resting" uninjured players is a loser's mentality IMO.  You play to win games.  

I also wouldn't want to be a coach that prevents a player from reaching a bonus or incentive.

People will rush to say Bradley Chubb!  Well, an ACL on the brink was going to tear inevitably, whether it was in that 4th quarter of the Ravens game or the 1st quarter of Sunday night's game.  

28 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

They don’t believe they can win outside of Miami Gardens, which is odd considering the home advantage isn’t that good

agree the fans dont make the home field advantage that great but the elements certainly do.  It is unfair and maybe unhealthy the set up they have down there.  It is very difficult to to overcome.  McDaniel has only lost 3 games at home and only 1 was prior to December (vikings last year without Tua).

25 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Phins are 7-1 at home and 4-4 on the road. Their offense is much better at home because of better presnap communication. Huge difference versus playoff crowd noise away. If they win then they’ll be set up for two home playoff games. I’m sure they will play to win this one. I certainly would. 

I think the offense is better because of the heat. The noise helps but that heat is crazy.  Do you think Titans win that game in the afternoon in Sept or Oct?  I think they wouldnt have the gas after baking all day.  

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I also wouldn't want to be a coach that prevents a player from reaching a bonus or incentive.

People will rush to say Bradley Chubb!  Well, an ACL on the brink was going to tear inevitably, whether it was in that 4th quarter of the Ravens game or the 1st quarter of Sunday night's game.  

I mean the interesting question for me is what to do with the previously injured players…do you rush back mostert,waddle and hunt when you already have the playoffs clinched?

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

41 minutes ago, mrags said:

The bigger question should be.

your the bills management:

by kickoff you are already confirmed you will be in the playoffs as every perfect scenario has happened. You are locked into the 6th or 7th seed. Do you play Miami with everything you’ve got for the 2 seed? Or do you give your players some rest and prepare for the following week. Most likely again in Miami? 

The Bills want KC at home for once. I think being a seed better than KC is likely personal for the org.

That being said, I think Miami, Buffalo, and Cleveland are capable of going in to Arrowhead and beating this years version of the Chiefs. 

Edited by Mango
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Your team is already guaranteed a playoff spot, but your team is VERY banged up.

When you play the Bills Sunday night do you:

A.)   Push all your walking wounded to play in the hopes of retaining division title and #2 seed. Reward is maybe two or more home playoff games..where your record has been pretty good this year

Risk is if you win against the Bills you may play a home game, but then bumped off in the first round because your team is even more tired, and no chance to let injuries heal..more players out when it counts the most.  Added bonus is it may be elimination game for Bills, but may not know if that's the case until kickoff.

B.)  You rest your starters and give them a chance to heal..thus increasing your chances of winning that first playoff game...even if it's on the road.

YOU PLAY....TO WIN THE GAME

44 minutes ago, mrags said:

by kickoff you are already confirmed you will be in the playoffs as every perfect scenario has happened. You are locked into the 6th or 7th seed. Do you play Miami with everything you’ve got for the 2 seed? Or do you give your players some rest and prepare for the following week. Most likely again in Miami? 

I think that’s a less interesting question as the bills don’t really have a laundry list of guys playing hurt or that were out with injuries leading up to this game.  The bills are gonna throw everything they have at the win…they really have no reason not to.  

the dolphins will not bench healthy guys by any means lol but idk if they’re gonna throw mostert and waddle back in there.  

7 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Interesting take I had not thought about.  Is it true that they are a wear and tear injury as opposed to a bad plant/twist/stub etc?

1 minute ago, Governor said:

I would rest starters TBH.

That would make them the #6 seed and going to Arrowhead if they lose. Miami is going to want the #2 seed and play at home on WC weekend. If the game gets out of hand in the Bills favor, then they will most likely pull their starters.

• Like (+1) 1

What I think will happen:  Dolphins are gonna play for the win and start everyone they can.

What I think should happen:  Dolphins should protect Tua.  If he isn't 100% then with his injury history and having to go through the playoffs without him last year would give me pause and not want to risk Tua if he isn't a safe play.  

The #2 seed is pretty important, but your starting QB is MORE important.  As a team, I would rather sit Tua than force him to play through an injury against an aggressive defense that has already hurt him before.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

That would make them the #6 seed and going to Arrowhead if they lose. Miami is going to want the #2 seed and play at home on WC weekend. If the game gets out of hand in the Bills favor, then they will most likely pull their starters.

Yes but you run the risk of losing even more players on top of the already injured players that you rushed back into action this week…..all so you can get humiliated at home for a playoff game?

I don’t think this is as slam dunk as some would assume.

if Waddle and others are at 60 percent now, but would be at 90 percent for playoffs, you rest them.

Edited by Governor

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

Yes but you run the risk of losing even more players on top of the already injured players that you rushed back into action this week…..all so you can get humiliated at home for a playoff game?

I don’t think this is as slam dunk as some would assume.

if Waddle and others are at 60 percent now, but would be at 90 percent for sure layoffs, you rest them.

I hope the Dolphins do rest key players as it would make it easier for the Bills to win. I don't think Miami is looking at it that way. If guys can play, they will play is my guess.

I think you gotta treat this as a playoff game if you are Miami. I think if you “lay down” the game you lose the locker room and make a tactical mistake. Go for the division title and the two seed as best as you can.

But it doesn’t matter as Josh is gonna be Superman with the season on the line!

1 hour ago, mrags said:

They’re called Capris and they’re IN

Capris, and all slim/tapered pants went OUT a few years ago. What’s still in is cropped pants/chinos but they can’t be joggers or tapered. They have to be straight/relaxed in the leg.

McDaniel is going for the AFC east crown. 

Thus would be huge for him. He’s always trying to get his guys up for Bills week (the wish it was colder shirt, the 🤔 disrespect) He knows that until they beat us they’re second best. 

He also knows that as long as they win this game, it doesn’t really matter what else they do. Obviously they’d like to go deep, and win it all. But the division title is still improvement over last year. So they can lose the first game in the playoffs but still have something to hang their hats on. It’ll still be an accomplishment. 

We’re getting everything they’ve got. This is the game that was circled with a red marker when the schedules were released. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

They will go all out to win the division and get the #2 seed. But if the Bills get off to a good start and they have control of the game like the Ravens did to them last week then you will see starters pulled very quickly is my guess.

I think this makes sense but their offense is really explosive.   Even down 2 touchdowns they are dangerous and could come back.

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

I think this makes sense but their offense is really explosive.   Even down 2 touchdowns they are dangerous and could come back.

If they were healthy then definitely but they are dealing with injuries on that side of the ball. If they fall behind by 2 or 3 scores, I am not so sure they can come back in this one.

22 minutes ago, Governor said:

Capris, and all slim/tapered pants went OUT a few years ago. What’s still in is cropped pants/chinos but they can’t be joggers or tapered. They have to be straight/relaxed in the leg.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

IN the women's section 😄

Joking Just Kidding GIF

You are already in the playoffs so your choices are:

1. Play your best players for a shot at the AFCE banner, get a home playoff game but lose your starting QB, RB and WR
  2. Play your second stringers and lose the division but give your best players a week's rest for a road playoff game

You have a chance to go farther in the playoffs resting your starters against the Bills. I'd go option 2 unless you're sure winning the division gives you an easier opponent in your first playoff game.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Governor said:

This is SO Mary Tyler Moore.  Takes me back to another time.

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, stuvian said:

You are already in the playoffs so your choices are:

1. Play your best players for a shot at the AFCE banner, get a home playoff game but lose your starting QB, RB and WR
  2. Play your second stringers and lose the division but give your best players a week's rest for a road playoff game

You have a chance to go farther in the playoffs resting your starters against the Bills. I'd go option 2 unless you're sure winning the division gives you an easier opponent in your first playoff game.

Yeah, but this is coming from a fan of a team that’s been the afc east champion for a while. 

They’re not thinking the same way. 

If the Dolphins lose on Sunday night, they are locked into the 6th seed. That means that their path of advancement would be:

At KC (lost by a touchdown, the Chiefs could have done more but ran out time IIRC)

at Baltimore (Baltimore coming off bye, Miami got destroyed by them last week)

And their coach is Mr. "My QB got hit so hard he couldn't stand but I ran him out in spite of "back stiffness" and then he got concussed so bad he needed to get carted off the field on a stretcher"

So yeah, I expect McDaniel to throw every player at the Bills they can regardless of long term consequences.

5 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

We’ll get their best effort, from any of their players who can go.  You don’t surrender the division on the eve of the playoffs and then confidently face your team as a leader the next day.

So it's interesting.  It's been announced that the Rams are starting Wentz vs. San Francisco on Sunday.

I don't quite know what to make of that. 

It is a different situation than the Bills at Dolphins though.

I think it's kind of a "desperation play", like when the 9-7 Giants, already in the playoffs, started Davis Webb against the Eagles.  Sort of "OK, we lost, but we weren't bringing our A game". 

Since 2019, the 49ers and Rams have played 10x and the Rams only win was the 2021 Conf. Championship.

Edited by Beck Water

5 hours ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Your team is already guaranteed a playoff spot, but your team is VERY banged up.

When you play the Bills Sunday night do you:

A.)   Push all your walking wounded to play in the hopes of retaining division title and #2 seed. Reward is maybe two or more home playoff games..where your record has been pretty good this year

Risk is if you win against the Bills you may play a home game, but then bumped off in the first round because your team is even more tired, and no chance to let injuries heal..more players out when it counts the most.  Added bonus is it may be elimination game for Bills, but may not know if that's the case until kickoff.

B.)  You rest your starters and give them a chance to heal..thus increasing your chances of winning that first playoff game...even if it's on the road.

Go all in. It's their chance to knock out a division rival from the playoffs Make them return home crying. 

4 hours ago, dpberr said:

I don’t think that’s how ACL tears work. 

8 hours ago, mrags said:

given that we are banged up, and that JA seems to play better in better weather, I'd rest everyone.  Treat it as a preseason game.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.