Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yeah but if either Pittsburgh or Jax lose before our game i thought the Bills back in. Then the Miami game would be for the AFC East title. 

Bills clinch playoffs even before Miami game if one of those things happens.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Success said:

Miami fans online are cracking me up - they think the move to primetime is the end of the season for them.

Have they been that bad in primetime games?  I feel like we haven't been great either. 

I think it's just overlap of good teams/primetime for them.

They can't beat good teams, which is generally what you get in primetime 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The gameplane should be easy,  the Bills need to pass the ball in this game, the Dolphins are banged up in the secondary and missing both Phillips and now Chubb their 2 best pass rushers.  I would bring up Isabella from the practice squad and just turn this into a track meet.  The Bills should want to force the Dolphins to pass with Tua banged up and their #2 WR down along with many injuries to their line. If Brady calls a ground and pound game and we come out flat on offence like we have the past two games then we will lose. They need the Philly gameplan and not the Cowboys gameplan.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

On ESPN, Rex says he trusts Josh Allen vs Miami, but he has no trust with the rest of the team especially the offense. He doesn’t know who else will show up and play big for the Bills.  Orlovsky says Kincaid and Diggs need to have big games (combine for 170+ yards)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I wanted to put this in a different thread but I'm blind and couldn't find it.  Bills snap counts against NE.  Shakir at 80%.  He hit that a couple times this year but last few games was a 50-60% guy.

GCwTSnBXwAANNTr?format=png&name=smallGCwTSnAXsAAPYGH?format=png&name=small

For those that want it you can find seasonal and individual snap counts here: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2023-snap-counts.htm  

Not updated for this week yet though.

Thank you for posting this. A few observations and opinions:

1. Shakir has earned more snaps. However seeing him in 15% more than Diggs and being Diggs didn't even see a snap on the Bills first possession of the 2nd half (the TD drive) this all screams to me that Diggs has some kind of injury he's fighting through. Does anyone remember which game he got picked up and basically suplexed onto the back of his head/neck? 

2. If Murray is getting 19 snaps and on one of those he dropped a key pass and on another he couldn't plunge forward for a yard...I see no reason he's active on GameDay. They were even using Cook down near the goal line yesterday. Murray has played well in spots, but this late in the season it seems he's just out of gas. It's Fournette time. 

3. Speaking of wasting 19 snaps, Sherfield being out there is pointless as well. I'd like to see those split between Shakir and Kincaid. 

4. DaQuan Jones getting 28 snaps is promising. Settle getting 20; I feel like he made the most of his reps. Seemed on live watch to have a few flashes this week. Much more noticeable than Poona Ford in the same amount of snaps IMO.

5. No wasted snaps on Von Miller this week. 

• Like (+1) 9

17 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I’m 99% sure it’s H2H if two division winners have the same record (someone correct me if I’m wrong)

could Patty Boy actually have to play a postseason game on the road finally?!? 😱

Actually, no, he doesn't.  And he won't, when his Kansas City Swifts get beat at home in the first round.

38 minutes ago, zow2 said:

On ESPN, Rex says he trusts Josh Allen vs Miami, but he has no trust with the rest of the team especially the offense. He doesn’t know who else will show up and play big for the Bills.  Orlovsky says Kincaid and Diggs need to have big games (combine for 170+ yards)

The last month or so I think the most trustworthy guy (outside of the big ones) is Shakir. It’s got to be 4/14/86/10 down the stretch here. Those are the guys you can rely on and the guys that can take a ball up the field. Shakir has flashed to me since day 1….his usage is infuriating but he has made 2 season saving plays in the last couple of weeks. You have to identify this guy as a big part of the offense and start using him more.

• Like (+1) 1

Bellicheck to McClap -> Scipt looks good for you guys but don't ***** it up like you almost did today and last week, it's hard to cover up dumping a min. of clock with 3 time outs and missing 2 field goals but thankfully your defense and punter showed up, not sure how many more turnovers we'd had to give.  good luck and tell josh to spend more time in the film room.

😂

Edited by BillsfaninCT
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

The only game that matters is Pittsburg.  Pitts is the only team that can knock us out.  Jags game just changes our seed between 6th and 7th. No other team can get to 10 wins besides Houston or Colts and they play each other.  Jags too but it doesnt matter as only 2 of Jags/Colts/Hou will make it.  It only flip flops the division winner.

TLDR only the Pittsburg game matters to us as far as WC.

This is wrong.  We clinch with TEN win

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I have no idea what's going to happen, but I think some "Death or Glory" mentality in the run up won't hurt. Sure, in theory the Bills could be in the playoffs by game time but I want them prepping as if the season is on the line.

Because it could be

They should be thinking that way because it's likely going to be the case.  I don't like the chances of Jaguars losing to Titans (even without Lawrence) or the Steelers losing to the Ravens backups.

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

This is wrong.  We clinch with TEN win

Correct, I edited. Im brain dead today.  We also clinch with a Ravens win.  So yeah the other post is correct. We are in with either a Pitts loss or a Jags loss.  In fact I deleted the post so people dont get confused.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

If it’s defense we either make a statement and shut them down or we let them walk down the field.

if it’s offense we either make a statement and come out focused with a long drive or go 3 and out.

If the focused Bills come out we win.  If the unfocused team shows up forget it.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, zow2 said:

Let’s also keep in mind that Allen mentioned in the post game presser how the ball came out of his hand poorly today. He could not get the spin like he normally does. He struggled.  Down in Miami Gardens next weekend it will be mid-high 70’s.  Perfect throwing of the pigskin conditions.  Josh will throw it well. Much better than he did today. It’s a lock. And the Oline will be super motivated.

Did Josh say why ?

Is he injured? 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

If that passing game shows up from yesterday Miami will beat the living hell out of this team. That was absolute garbage. 

A close, low scoring game is near

12-9 Bills OT

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

If it’s defense we either make a statement and shut them down or we let them walk down the field.

if it’s offense we either make a statement and come out focused with a long drive or go 3 and out.

If the focused Bills come out we win.  If the unfocused team shows up forget it.

FOCUS is the KEYWORD!! Also we need for McDermott to let go of the loyalty stuff and play the guys who gives us a better chance at winning. He did it sitting Von, now try it sitting Murray. Let Fournette play!! Better receiver and fresher legs than Murray at this point in time. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

This does not pan out in nearly every bigger game non blow out win. Usually we feel out teams , give / concede them a few early drives then lock down. 

The Phins are gloriously beat up and gimpy though. I think that will greatly effect them. 

I'm not scared of them.

As usual, I'm scared of our own mistakes. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So, if we go 3 and out on offense right off the bat or we let the Dolphins go down the field on their first drive and score, we should just pack our sh*t and leave? Has someone notified McDermott of this?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.