New England Week

TFBillsfan

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yeah, he seems disgruntled. Little man syndrome, perhaps? Maybe we get the Isabella call up for PR duties? 

I don't see how they can call up Isabella and have him active, though I guess it's possible.  He's never taken a PR or KR in a game though, so is Dec in OP really the time and place to start?

I'm guessing Ty Johnson would handle the PR duties - didn't he do them in preseason?  He has experience going back there as a KR for DET and the NYJ.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

What is it about WRs and vague social media posts?

I would guess he's being benched so that the Bills can roll with an extra DLman (and because he muffed a punt last week)

3 hours ago, uninja said:

Feels like vet rest more than anything

Dingdingding that's how it was reported for Diggs - "vet rest".

Edited by Beck Water

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't see how they can call up Isabella and have him active, though I guess it's possible.  He's never taken a PR or KR in a game though, so is Dec in OP really the time and place to start? I'm guessing Ty Johnson would handle the PR duties - didn't he do them in preseason?  He has experience going back there as a KR for DET and the NYJ. I would guess Harty's being benched so that the Bills can roll with an extra DLman (and because he muffed a punt last week)

I believe Shakir also returned punts during the preseason.

27 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Depends on how you consider WR perhaps?  Tiktok Boy is actually down on the list for receiving yards.  Rookie Demario Douglas, Kendrick Bourne, and Devante Parker all healthy AFAIK.

It's a little strange that Jones has a designation of "questionable" when McDermott already said they expect him to play?

I expect Hamlin to be inactive with a "questionable" designation and Hyde apparently good to go.

Bourne is on IR with ACL but they do have Pop Douglas who is pretty good.  Along with Gesicki

Edited by KCNC

26 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Depends on how you consider WR perhaps?  Tiktok Boy is actually down on the list for receiving yards.  Rookie Demario Douglas, Kendrick Bourne, and Devante Parker all healthy AFAIK.

It's a little strange that Jones has a designation of "questionable" when McDermott already said they expect him to play?

I expect Hamlin to be inactive with a "questionable" designation and Hyde apparently good to go.

Bourne tore his acl couple months back.  For WR it’s Douglas, Parker and ehhhh Jalen Raegor? should be very manageable. Assuming Hunter Henry plays that would be only viable option. Won’t take anything for granted but a very weak offense team. Healthy they are meh at the bottom. With injuries, let’s handle business! 

I was just looking back at a video showing all of Joshes passes last week. Was very surprised by how many of them had runs after the catch. Is this Brady's doing? A dominate run game, yards after catch, ability to recognize the hot hand. A little early for awarding him any prizes, but I'm going to be paying attention to the game this week and try to decipher what the game plan was. Very curious what is schemed up for NE. It seems weird not having any idea what the game plan will look like.  Every week since Brady took over, I've been surprised.

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Nobody has been able to run on New England recently.  Will be interesting to see if Buffalo can impose their will.  

Patriots are tough to run against, but the Bills are one of the best running teams, so it could be interesting. I tend to think the percentage of runs will decrease this week and passes to increase. Just a guess, but who knows. Maybe, the RBs go off.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I was just looking back at a video showing all of Joshes passes last week. Was very surprised by how many of them had runs after the catch. Is this Brady's doing? A dominate run game, yards after catch, ability to recognize the hot hand. A little early for awarding him any prizes, but I'm going to be paying attention to the game this week and try to decipher what the game plan was. Very curious what is schemed up for NE. It seems weird not having any idea what the game plan will look like.  Every week since Brady took over, I've been surprised.

Patriots are tough to run against, but the Bills are one of the best running teams, so it could be interesting. I tend to think the percentage of runs will decrease this week and passes to increase. Just a guess, but who knows. Maybe, the RBs go off.

This week 100% feels like a week Josh Allen has to be superman, at least early.  I imagine the points are going to come from good defense giving them good field position and then allen spreading the ball around and making big plays.  

Have to think it took Belichick two seconds to look at the last four games and go oh they are a run first team now....lets take that away.  

With a lead they should be able to run the ball enough in the second half.  I don't expect them to run for a lot of yards this week but I imagine the attempts are still high.

8 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I think Buffalo brings the physicality, forces the running game and will be pretty successful.  Belichek always has his guys ready for Allen runs and scrambles, so hopefully Brady has some tricks up his sleeves when the Pats expect an Allen run.

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

This week 100% feels like a week Josh Allen has to be superman, at least early.  I imagine the points are going to come from good defense giving them good field position and then allen spreading the ball around and making big plays.  

Have to think it took Belichick two seconds to look at the last four games and go oh they are a run first team now....lets take that away.  

With a lead they should be able to run the ball enough in the second half.  I don't expect them to run for a lot of yards this week but I imagine the attempts are still high.

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking the offense will be attacking the LBs. TE's targeted and RB's out of the backfield. Going to be a lot of presnap motion. But just when I think I have Brady figured out, something else happens. Who would have guessed Gabe Davis would go off last week?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think Buffalo brings the physicality, forces the running game and will be pretty successful.  Belichek always has his guys ready for Allen runs and scrambles, so hopefully Brady has some tricks up his sleeves when the Pats expect an Allen run.

Yea, I'm pretty sure that theory will be tested. Honestly, I have not been able to predict a game plan since Brady took over and that's a good thing. It feels like the offense is learning to find ways to win in diverse ways.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This the first week Josh isn't on the report with shoulder?

I feel like he wasn't on the report last week but it could have just been an earlier report from this week that I am think of.  Either way, good that he's off the report.

Also, not sure it matter much but...

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I feel like he wasn't on the report last week but it could have just been an earlier report from this week that I am think of.  Either way, good that he's off the report.

Also, not sure it matter much but...

This doesn't make me excited. Ok so this will be the first time these three hobbled players are playing together. I'm glad Daquan Jones is back, but is he really ready for late season, got to win out football?  Has Hyde ever been this year? And Von? Well......

Edited by Goin Breakdown

Their offense vs our defense doesn't scare me.

Their defense vs our offense....that will be a tougher challenge than many anticipate.

The Bills only ever seem to have two types of games: blowouts where they win by three+ scores, or nail biters that make you want to vomit until the final whistle. I'd love one of the former, but I'm bracing for one of the latter.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

Their defense vs our offense....that will be a tougher challenge than many anticipate.

The Bills only ever seem to have two types of games: blowouts where they win by three+ scores, or nail biters that make you want to vomit until the final whistle. I'd love one of the former, but I'm bracing for one of the latter.

I agree to an extent on their defense. It can be really good, and even top tier.

My hope is that it's like the Jets, who also have a great D.  We lost a close one the 1st time around, but played like we should the 2nd time & blew them out.

• Like (+1) 1

IMO, this game comes down to two things. 

First is play of the offensive line. Barmore completely blew up the middle if the Denver line last week accounting for 3 sacks and a fumble. If Allen has time to throw, he should pick this secondary to pieces.

Second is the creativity of Brady. Pats have a good defense, but they can't cover Diggs AND Davis AND Knox AND Kincaid AND Cook at the same time... if he knows how scheme them open. 

IF the line can give Allen time, I think we could see a repeat of the second Jets game.  If Allen is running for his life, we may see a repeat of the Chargers last week.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm going into this game a lot more worried than I was last week.  Not that I thought we would blow the Chargers out, but I figured it would be a two score win in the end.....maybe 10 or so.  This week, I don't have nearly that same confidence level.  Bracing for another potential disaster.  Guess we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 12/25/2023 at 11:31 PM, TFBillsfan said:

I’d actually like to see a combo of the passing game clicking to get a big lead and then run it down there throats the remainder of the game. 

It would be good to see Diggs having a bigger impact as well and getting Kincaid engaged. And please no more lateral screens to Diggs!

I’m looking for some 12/13 personnel this week, protect Josh, work the middle, ball control nice 28-0 victory.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

I’m looking for some 12/13 personnel this week, protect Josh, work the middle, ball control nice 28-0 victory.

Wouldn't we be called for too many men?

I realize New England cheats but I don't think that's a good reason for us to.

Just saying... 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

I'm going into this game a lot more worried than I was last week.  Not that I thought we would blow the Chargers out, but I figured it would be a two score win in the end.....maybe 10 or so.  This week, I don't have nearly that same confidence level.  Bracing for another potential disaster.  Guess we'll see.

Mac Jones went 25 for 30 for 300 and 2tds 0 ints... literally the game of his career. We pissed down our leg the whole game and still should have won. I dont see Zappe repeating that performance, nor do I see the Bills repeating that horrendous performance at home. Easy win. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Mac Jones went 25 for 30 for 300 and 2tds 0 ints... literally the game of his career. We pissed down our leg the whole game and still should have won. I dont see Zappe repeating that performance, nor do I see the Bills repeating that horrendous performance at home. Easy win. 

I think the Pats winning last week is actually a help to the Bills......they won't be as desperate for an end of season feel-good win.

Having said that, the Bills still need to focus on playing a mistake-free game in all 3 phases for this to be an easy win.

11 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Bourne tore ACL and is on IR.  And Ju Ju Smith Schuster will miss 3rd game in a row due to ankle injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Special K said:

I think the Pats winning last week is actually a help to the Bills......they won't be as desperate for an end of season feel-good win.

No kidding.  They knocked the Broncos out of a possible Wild Card spot where they had the tie breaker over us because counting to 11 is very difficult.

Edited by Doc Brown

6 hours ago, Gman10 said:

I don't wanna overlook the Pats, but come on...we should smash them.

the division is ours!

Any given Sunday.  The 2023 Bills have proved that.  Weve watched that horror movie too many times. This is a Bills playoff game, and must be approached as such.  Brady better have a great game plan, and Buffalo must play a clean game and play football like Champs.

Go Bills!

8 hours ago, sven233 said:

The sloppy offensive performance vs LA will do that to you. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bill Grundy said:

Whenever i feel nervous about this I remember we have the home field and I relax. At theirs, this is a trap. At home it should be fine 

The way I look at it is, if the Bills can't win that game tomorrow, they don't deserve the playoffs anyway.  They need to be all business tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.