New England Week

TFBillsfan

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I haven't heard a peep about Allen's incredible game winning drive with two tough as nails throws on 3rd and 10 to get us into FG range. All I've heard talk about is his turnovers. Even from Bills fans, it's like everyone just takes his clutchness for granted now.

All I'm hearing on Sirius Sports talk radio this week about the MVP Conversation is Lamar, maybe Tyreek, Tua or Mcafferty. That Dak and Purdie have fallen outof the conversation based on the weekend. Crickets about Josh. Not a peep. 

I take nothing for granted and these are still ifs, but if Bills win this weekend, Dolphins lose to Ravens enabling a game for the Division the following week and Josh plays well, and delivers the Division title he has to jumpback into the conversation.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Olliemets said:

All I'm hearing on Sirius Sports talk radio this week about the MVP Conversation is Lamar, maybe Tyreek, Tua or Mcafferty. That Dak and Purdie have fallen outof the conversation based on the weekend. Crickets about Josh. Not a peep. 

I take nothing for granted and these are still ifs, but if Bills win this weekend, Dolphins lose to Ravens enabling a game for the Division the following week and Josh plays well, and delivers the Division title he has to jumpback into the conversation.

Apparently 2 Td drives starting at midfield and 1 starting inside the 9ers 10 yard line is a huge deal…. Nothing special about that game at all besides the Ravens D forcing so many turnovers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Anyways, New England has been playing teams tough, regardless of their record, and as the saying goes “this is their Super Bowl” so the Bills have to show up again as they have on this so far three game run.*

(* Truthfully 5 game run as I include Brady first game/win and even a pretty good performance against the Eagles.)

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Anyways, New England has been playing teams tough, regardless of their record, and as the saying goes “this is their Super Bowl” so the Bills have to show up again as they have on this so far three game run.*

(* Truthfully 5 game run as I include Brady first game/win and even a pretty good performance against the Eagles.)

The Pats Super Bowl is next week vs the Jets. Bill hates the Jets with a passion. It's (probably) his last game as Pats coach and last home game. No way he wants to lose that one. I do think the Pats will play the Bills tough. They always seem to be in these relatively low scoring close games. The Bills offense will do enough but they won't go off and have a great day. 

Sabres 20 Bruins 10 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Pats Super Bowl is next week vs the Jets. Bill hates the Jets with a passion. It's (probably) his last game as Pats coach and last home game. No way he wants to lose that one. I do think the Pats will play the Bills tough. They always seem to be in these relatively low scoring close games. The Bills offense will do enough but they won't go off and have a great day. 

image.thumb.png.a7197e698a3406204d97b9d165e137e3.png

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

You do not know meaning of word "always".

So, a game from a few years ago applies to this year? This year the Pats have no offense, but Bill is a great DC. Maybe not always but most of the time the Pats have been in close low scoring games this year. I am guessing that will be the case this Sunday.

18 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Stick with what has worked: use Cook to run the ball and trust that he's better on balance in spite of any mistakes. Let the run open the pass. Let Josh play off script.

I don’t think that’s going to be possible vs this pats d.  I’d be ok trying to establish the run the first drive or 2…..but I think our success will come from the pass this game.  Building a lead early vs NE will be big.  Forcing them to pass so our DL can pin their ears back and make zappe uncomfortable.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think that’s going to be possible vs this pats d.  I’d be ok trying to establish the run the first drive or 2…..but I think our success will come from the pass this game.  Building a lead early vs NE will be big.  Forcing them to pass so our DL can pin their ears back and make zappe uncomfortable.  

You might be right.  What I find comforting is that Brady seems to have a much better ability to figure out in-game what DOES work and goes with that.  I remember seeing a breakdown of his first game as OC and there were a few unsuccessful plays in the first drive.  They were screens or quick hitters to Diggs, if I remember correctly.  Anyway, what the breakdown showed is that these failed plays actually exposed what the defense was doing and then on the drives after that Brady went after what the defense was doing.  I've heard Josh say a few times that he doesn't concern himself with what a defense does that if the Bills play their game nobody should be able to stop it so why change based on the defense.  I know he said it during the controversial "I don't watch that much film" interview.  Since Brady has taken over as OC it makes me wonder if that attitude was actually coming from Dorsey and that Josh was parroting what his OC. Wherever it came from, I'm glad to be rid of the "we're going to do what we're going to do and you can't stop us" arrogance.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Passing short on the early downs - use the boundary in those 3x1 sets, Kincaid over the middle, easy stuff like that.  Put them in tricky positions on 2nd down.  

I also like the idea of bringing in some of the spread formation stuff (even in a 12 personnel grouping) - Bill hates when Allen runs so he tends to not rush too deep and lets the stunts and DTS get pressure up the middle, so put some extra people down field and try and high low some of the backers.  Mix in a no huddle look here and there after a successful play to prevent bill from getting creative.  Switch from spread to a 2 TE look on 2nd and 3, no substitutions and you can either run or PA.  

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

has Bailey Zappe had a game against a McD defense? He tends to eat rookie/inexperienced QBs for breakfast.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

image.thumb.png.a7197e698a3406204d97b9d165e137e3.png

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Glorious game!! Maybe the best Bills game ever. 

I actually flew into Buffalo for that game for the first in person game in my adult life, and my first postseason ever. It was freezing, and it was glorious!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Passing short on the early downs - use the boundary in those 3x1 sets, Kincaid over the middle, easy stuff like that.  Put them in tricky positions on 2nd down.  

I also like the idea of bringing in some of the spread formation stuff (even in a 12 personnel grouping) - Bill hates when Allen runs so he tends to not rush too deep and lets the stunts and DTS get pressure up the middle, so put some extra people down field and try and high low some of the backers.  Mix in a no huddle look here and there after a successful play to prevent bill from getting creative.  Switch from spread to a 2 TE look on 2nd and 3, no substitutions and you can either run or PA.  

Kincaid?  Who’s that?  😢 

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Think Bill Belichick isn't looking to prevent the Bills from winning the AFC EAST crown🤔. Hope McDermott has the team focused and the Bills play a CLEAN game. No TOs or stupid penalties. Control Barmore

Agree on these. This iteration of the Patriots are similar to the Jets in that you just need to take what the defense gives you and don't turn it over and you'll win a nice boring 24-10 type game. Belichick wants to bait you into taking big shots and that's where they'll pick him off or at least make enough defensive stops to give his offense a chance to get lucky.

Edited by theAteam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, Einstein said:

Here is that clip:

His tales are almost everything a lot of people in here say the day after a Bills loss and they are also everything others get flamed for saying two days after that same loss. The difference is we are fans and will always come back to the love we have for the team. This dude sticks to his "facts". 

16 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

What metric are you using to qualify this? 

they are #1 in ypc, but not in yards per game (2nd to Chicago). I wouldn’t say they are by far the best in the league.

They are very good against the run.  3.2 yard per carry is a good stat.  Sure a lot better than Denver at 5.1.

Just now, Bob Jones said:

This is going to be the first game in a long while where I'm going to have to head out to a sports bar, or connect with some half-a$$ illegal internet feed if I want to see the game live. LOL

quite honestly, they're not half-assed anymore. I watch the whole game in HD with the only thing being it's about 30 seconds behind. it used to be pop up hell and very unreliable. not anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Pats have the number one pass D in the NFL. I don't see them being very successful running the ball. In this game, the Bills will have to successfully pass the ball. Run the ball to keep them honest. 

Fix the first sentence 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

quite honestly, they're not half-assed anymore. I watch the whole game in HD with the only thing being it's about 30 seconds behind. it used to be pop up hell and very unreliable. not anymore.

Thanks for the info....on the couch I'll be! LOL

Re the time delay: this is something really weird that I've noticed throughout this year....we get the Red Zone through our Comcast cable subscription, and the Red Zone channel is about 30-45 seconds AHEAD of what the networks are feeding out on their channels for the same game (this is on the same system, just me changing channels to the Red Zone sometimes when I'm mainly watching one game on Fox or CBS). 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.