Daquan Jones’ 21-day practice window has been opened, per McD

Roundybout

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Let him get back up to speed and then be active against MIA if everything is looking good. No need to thrust him back into the trenches against LAC or NE. 

The only way either of those teams can beat us is running the ball, they both have good backs, I would not take them lightly.   The Bills did a nice job against Pollard, but that said, they got 4 extra offensive possessions from Dallas stupidity (penalties and not challenging the Diggs fumble) and put them in a hole so a balanced attack was out the window. 

Let’s not forget who the Bills have lost to this year, there are NO sure things.  If they lose to a Stick and knock themselves out of the playoffs, I’ll be forced to quit watching football forever. 

Edited by DCofNC
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Why do you want a pony??

No rational reason.  Just think it would be cool.  I'd like chickens, too.  They could roost on the pony.   I'd put all their poop on my 'maters.

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yes I get it, BUT if I could snap my magic fingers I'd prefer Milano, but likely not the case.

Ditto

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I still don't know why Milano can't be ready if we get in the playoffs. How long does it take for a fractured leg to heal? He did it in week 5, it's week 16. It's 11 weeks since the injury and another 3 added on in the next 3 games, I would think he could be somewhat ready by playoff time if we get there

Do we know it was "only" a fractured leg?  They've been pretty quiet about the extent of the damage caused.  From the looks of that injury I thought it was a lot more.

While this is great news, I would tap the brakes a bit in regards to expectations with Jones because realistically the earliest he might play again is the Miami game which we all know is shaping up as a 'win and your in' game for the Bills in terms of getting to the tourney.

But after that it will likely take time to ramp up and any real impact from Jones likely won't be felt until the AFFCG or SB should this team get that far.

Edited by FilthyBeast

52 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Do we know it was "only" a fractured leg?  They've been pretty quiet about the extent of the damage caused.  From the looks of that injury I thought it was a lot more.

All I heard was a leg fracture. I remember thinking it was a season ACL but he never had ligament damage and McDermott even going back to that time never said for certain he was out for the year. He still doesn't say for certain he isn't coming back just that it's not likely 

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I would be tempted (if he's cleared) to have him back for the NE game. Limited snaps, of course.  But just something to help get his game legs back under him before the Miami game. 

The legs are what it's mostly about coming back. If he's been taking care of them he should be OK right off the bat, if not quite as powerful upstairs.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Simon said:

If that is what this is about, I hope they don't rush him.

They're rolling right now and can afford to ease him back in very slowly.

Waiting to dress him for the Miami game would give them a nice bump and allow him another few weeks to heal.

Correct and Joseph has actually been playing outstanding giving the opportunity for Oliver to attack the QB.   I wish we could have signed him much earlier

13 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Injury and surgery for Phillips might push his time frame up.

I don't think he would play if he wasn't ready.

Don’t suspect they rush him back over next 2 weeks. Phins would be more likely. Ford can hold it down for a few weeks against struggling offensives. Albeit one that beat us earlier 😳

8 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Don’t suspect they rush him back over next 2 weeks. Phins would be more likely. Ford can hold it down for a few weeks against struggling offensives. Albeit one that beat us earlier 😳

The plan isn't this week since it's his first week practicing but it will really depend on how he does once he starts practicing. If it's going well he could possibly come back against NE and get some reps before Miami if not then it'll be Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Simon said:

The legs are what it's mostly about coming back. If he's been taking care of them he should be OK right off the bat, if not quite as powerful upstairs.

You'd have to believe his upper body strength has taken a big hit.  

2 hours ago, Ryan Simpsons said:

that would be huge for Buffalo! I heard Poona Ford may be coming back as well! Can anyone confirm this? Also, what do you think Buffalo's plan will be vs dolphins defensively against Hill and Waddle?

Coming back…?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Banged Up Bills did a pretty good breakdown of the injury (see link below) the return to play from this injury is usually 8 months which is 1.5 months longer than the entire season (training camp/pre-season through the Super Bowl included) so the timetable is going to put Milano having a full return in May which should allow him to work out fully for two plus months before training camp and won't impact him for next season hopefully.

Milano was seen jumping on sideline at last game.  Posted video elsewhere.  Seems he might be ahead of schedule. 

He has been working on intensively since injury.

22 hours ago, daz28 said:

You'd have to believe his upper body strength has taken a big hit.  

Not according to his responses early in this video. Did you watch? The player's reported concern isn't strength or what is referred to as power, I think, in the interview. Jones' concern or uncertainty is over what sounds like flexibility and ability to rely on the repaired area under dynamic football conditions.

He reportedly feels fine in the weight room. Now he needs to see how he feels on the field, where strength is tested under far less static and controlled conditions.

Basically, can he be explosive and violent in 2-5 second bursts of combat against NFL linemen?

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/20/2023 at 3:27 AM, CSBill said:

No, he was just bad; and then he "disappeared" to the "Inactive" squad on a weekly basis.

If we’re talking about elam there was an article that came out on him that he actually was hurt

On 12/20/2023 at 7:27 PM, Richard Noggin said:

Not according to his responses early in this video. Did you watch? The player's reported concern isn't strength or what is referred to as power, I think, in the interview. Jones' concern or uncertainty is over what sounds like flexibility and ability to rely on the repaired area under dynamic football conditions.

He reportedly feels fine in the weight room. Now he needs to see how he feels on the field, where strength is tested under far less static and controlled conditions.

Basically, can he be explosive and violent in 2-5 second bursts of combat against NFL linemen?

Sounds like a player that should be on snap count

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If we’re talking about elam there was an article that came out on him that he actually was hurt

Sounds like a player that should be on snap count

With AJE and Jones possibly in the line up, I’m curious if they keep dressing Von. He’s still yet to be productive. 

I just don’t get it. 

1 minute ago, Mango said:

With AJE and Jones possibly in the line up, I’m curious if they keep dressing Von. He’s still yet to be productive. 

I just don’t get it. 

As these games get more and more must win, I’m shocked Von is still out there. At some point a team is going to exploit him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.