This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

50 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Wow. If this is true, then im glad I didnt waste any time 0reading all the pages of this thread.

I’ve tagged him a few times. As the thread picks up steam it’s clear a lot of people are jumping in without checking. 

Waiting for the OP to log back in and delete the thread out of embarrassment.

Hopefully he can provide us with a tagline so this thread can live in TBD infamy. It has a real “high level business meeting” vibe to it. 

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

As upset as you are, if anyone is to blame it's us. Roger Goodell, Stan Kroenke, & Jerry Jones. We complained about cable prices, so everyone went to streaming. Now thats where we are headed. Cable TV will be a thing of the past in the next 10 years 

Fixed it😜

Edited by DrBob806
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

You're right, I expect, but never underestimate the ability of people to make terrible decisions in the name of greed

If there was more money to be made via PPV they could do it. But the dollars and cents decision still supports it being on broadcast TV. It makes the broadcast packages worth more which is direct big money and then you have the secondary aspects of it being a cultural event that helps the brand. Even being greedy a PPV Super Bowl would be a terrible idea. 

ive gotten peacock for 19.99 for entire year the last two years. it is 100% worth it. i understand your gripe, but just pay the 5.99. your 27 year streak is more important than holding out on crappy corporations to prove a point.

i dont have amazon, but id pay 8.99 for a month of it if that was the cost of watching a game i really wanted to see. 

be happy it's not a double paywall. i stopped watching ufc ppvs a few years ago, bc now you have to pay for a monthly sub to espn+ just to have the right to pay another 75 for the show. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I think putting games on streaming services only is stupid of the nfl. But I also remember the days of blackouts where you couldn't watch a game if it wasn't sold out by 4pm on Thursday. So Ya, I'll pay 5.99 to watch the bills this Saturday 

5.99 also gets you whatever WWE PPV they have on there plus all the other content on Peacock you may be interested in watching for a month (I would certainly recommend watching Twisted Metal if you were a fan of those video games). So it wasn't like cable was that great anyway. At least with streaming you can go month to month watch whatever you want and then cancel for a few months.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I’ve tagged him a few times. As the thread picks up steam it’s clear a lot of people are jumping in without checking. 

Hopefully he can provide us with a tagline so this thread can live in TBD infamy. It has a real “high level business meeting” vibe to it. 

The high level business guy was a delta bravo and deserved to be piled on.  This is something entirely different, and frankly its kinda gross. 

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I guess it was different when I got Xfinity about 1.5 years ago—I’ve been able to see whatever NFL games are streaming on the free sub for peacock that they gave me at the time. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Checked it last night. It had the paid icon next to it 

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I think putting games on streaming services only is stupid of the nfl. But I also remember the days of blackouts where you couldn't watch a game if it wasn't sold out by 4pm on Thursday. So Ya, I'll pay 5.99 to watch the bills this Saturday 

I can see why they do it as it's the future of TV. OTA is heading to a thing of the past. They aren't getting the money from advertising like they used to

15 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

The high level business guy was a delta bravo and deserved to be piled on.  This is something entirely different, and frankly its kinda gross. 

How is it different?  Let me paraphrase/summarize:

”Hi, everyone!!  I own a Bills Backer bar!  We will be showing the Bills game LIVE for all of you local Bills fans!  

I’m probably gonna make a shitton of money from all of you and I thank you!

However … I am not here for your patronage … I am here for your pity. 

Yes … I could come to my own bar and watch the game with all of you. But I’d really rather watch it at home. 

But apparently the taxes that I pay somehow DO NOT INCLUDE free access to a paid streaming service that is necessary to have access to if I want to watch the game. 

Sure … my bar has access. Sure … I have a login and a password that I can use at home. 

But … after DECADES of supporting a team that has generally been horrible, now that they’re actually GOOD, I will be DAMNED if I will let the NFL dictate that I actually log in to paramount.tv!!!

The time has come to take a stand!!!

For what, you ask?  

I don’t f*cking know.

BUT THIS IS THE TIME!!

P.S. - I’ll be watching the game at home if you want to pop over.”

Edited by Gugny
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, zow2 said:

Heck, I'll be on a family vacation and will watch.  I subscribed to Peacock for one month and will cancel immediately after the game.  If you're used to navigating games on Amazon, YouTube, ESPN+... this won't be a big deal.

But i get the sentiment and annoyance of the NFL grabbing every last nickel from every source possible.  Again,,,this is entertainment.  The NFL is a massive TV show that they want on every platform known to man.

Don't cancel after the game because there is a Wild Card game that will just be on Peacock. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Lol.  i was at SUNYA then, and would go to the big OTB sports bar on central ave.  

That's where I go when the Bills aren't on home TV.  They tore that building down & replaced it.  The new building has individual booths (carrels) equipped with TVs so that I can turn the sound up while I watch the game.  Fortunately, most of the games were on home TV, so I only had to go there twice this season.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, teef said:

if anyone want to call me, i'll just give you a play by play over the phone.  i'll probably be ordering instacart online too just to be a jerk.

with tip to be extra grinchey 🙂

Merry Christmas teef

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know, not the same games…what if we put these games on Paramount+ ONLY next year?  “Unbridled Capitalism” can also punish firms—with less eyeballs ad revenue. 52M is a huge number, BUF 1M

“With a combined audience of over 52 million viewers the last two weeks, the Bills have been the most-watched team in the NFL…”

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They block phones

Audio on phones.
Anyone know why they do this? What’s the rationale? I can’t think of one. 

3 minutes ago, Eight17 said:

I'm just south of Rochester and get WGRZ on my Spectrum cable system. It's my understanding that we'll be getting the game on Channel 2. Is this not the case?

I'm not in the area so I'm not sure.

I've heard folks suggesting that the network affiliates out of Buffalo will be carrying the game but the ones based in Rochester cannot.

If you're getting GRZ and the above is true, I think you will be fine.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Audio on phones.

Yeah, this has always seemed weird to me. Maybe has something to do with game audio also being on Sirius and NFL+, and their contracts protecting the mobile rights. Probably some arcane law or contract clause. 

1 minute ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Jesus…..it’s not that serious.  Do a free trial or just pony up the 5 bucks for a month.  

Houses exploding, volcanoes erupting, wars, floods…..I get all that - but let me tell you about my personal dismay about the NFL’s streaming strategy….

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mango said:

He disappeared shortly after admitting he does pay for Peacock for his bar, and people pointed out that he could use the same login to watch it at home.  I think they're done.  

• Like (+1) 1

This gets a lot worse for WC Weekend. What a cluster idea for a National Playoff game. We won’t know which key teams will be blacked out Nationwide until late. Just not a good long term idea for the NFL. NFL Ticket? Good idea. Crap Peacock Network for Round #1 of your Playoff?  That’s dumb for the broader business 

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, teef said:

did you know i have various door dash, instacart and grubhub orders randomly dropped off at my house?  the drivers get sick of looking for right houses, and drop that ***** off on my front door.  is that what you picture heaven to be?

I don’t think you realize that you’re in Heaven right now.

I bet you hear Brian Adams singing every day.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

What is the proper internet message board response for a guy who threatens to miss his first Bills game since before the drought because he won’t pay $6 for a subscription, only to have it turn out that he likely has not 1 but 2 subscriptions for the product. A product that by the way, he’ll likely be showing for a profit at not one, but two different bar/restaurants.

And what I’m really curious about now is, does this guy have a Peacock Sports Pass (for business) or is he just using the standard consumer version?Based on a total lack of self awareness I’d be willing to put a good amount of cash on he’s using a single consumer license at both establishments. 

When you lay it all out it’s hard to believe that this is even true. I’m not sure this guys even a real person. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

I know, not the same games…what if we put these games on Paramount+ ONLY next year?  “Unbridled Capitalism” can also punish firms—with less eyeballs ad revenue. 52M is a huge number, BUF 1M

“With a combined audience of over 52 million viewers the last two weeks, the Bills have been the most-watched team in the NFL…”

Audio on phones.

They want you to pay for game broadcasts. TuneIn premium and NFL+ both sell radio calls of games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.