So are we just done expecting Von Miller to do anything?

dayman

We are 11 games in now from him being active for two total tackles. I fully get he’s recovering from a major injury but he’s clearly not ready and him being on the field is taking snaps away from others who could be contributing and making an impact.  Playing on the DL and having two total tackles is a hard thing to do.  I’m just surprised they continue to just roll him out there. Beane and McDermott have to see what the rest of us are seeing. The most frustrating is just his general lack of effort.

• Agree 1

Having a torn ACL and then having knee surgery,  creates a mental hurdle that he has yet to get over, if at all.  He like almost any other professional athlete that has had this injury, has to get over the mental part of the injury, because physically he should not be on this team right now as a starter or active player.  He should be on IR the rest of this season.  He can not generate any positive contributions to the D-Line when he is on the field right now.  This team needs players that can contribute 100%, not a player that just goes through the motions at 50% half speed.  He is unfortunately too old and he is not the same player anymore.  It is time to move on from him.   Injury or no injury, at this time he is just a complete waste of a starting spot on this team. 

OBJ had the same injury and recoup time,  and I believe his ACL injury was worse, but OBJ is also 3 years younger than Miller.  At least OBJ is out there making a positive contribution for his team, unlike Miller, whom is not. 

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PayDaBill$ said:

What’s he have 2 tackles since he’s been back? I hardly ever see him in on a play.  

Bad injury + age = washed

I don’t see him- especially when he’s supposed to be setting the edge, but other team has big gain where Von was supposed to be.  

if we put a tackling dummy at edge, the dummy would be more effective, because at least the runner needs to go around the dummy

Just because not getting sack doesn’t mean Von isn’t bringing pressure on the QB, which he is. Beating his blocker and getting in the backfield when he’s in the game. Bad injury Von Miller and just getting his grove back. Brings leadership to that DLine as well.

Dont worry about Von because he’s getting more and more comfortable out there and will be a bigger impact every week-

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Just because not getting sack doesn’t mean Von isn’t bringing pressure on the QB, which he is. Beating his blocker and getting in the backfield when he’s in the game. Bad injury Von Miller and just getting his grove back. Brings leadership to that DLine as well.

Dont worry about Von because he’s getting more and more comfortable out there and will be a bigger impact every week-

He is getting chipped pretty often.  OC’s are still concerned with him.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Just because not getting sack doesn’t mean Von isn’t bringing pressure on the QB, which he is.

Can you give us video evidence, or at least a time stamp, of when you feel Von is brining pressure?

Because when I watch him, he is doing absolutely NOTHING. 

He has one move right now and it always takes him up and pushed past the QB. It’s even worse when the opponent runs, because then he just stands there.

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I wish it were true but this just isn’t what is actually happening in the games.

Like many of you I am over this guy, all talk no action.

After injury, I'll be back for the playoffs",    NO

Off season," I'll be back for training camp"     NO

"I'll be back for the season opener"      NO

I'll be ready when I get my brace off"    NO

"I feel great and I am getting better and stronger every day "   NO

I did not hit that woman and I have not hit any other football player in over a year. Believe me and pay me!

• Sad 1

he should not be on this team right now as a starter or active player.  He should be on IR the rest of this season.  

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

huh?...says who, besides you?

Anyone watching this guy play on the field the last 5 games will tell you the same.  No damn effort at all, no pass rush technique, even a 3rd string starting OL or OT can put this guy on the road to nowhere.  He is no where near the QB and no where to be found on the field.  He is a wasted roster spot right now. 

We got other guys that are putting in twice the effort as this guy is and they deserve to be on the field, VON DOES NOT!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

he should not be on this team right now as a starter or active player.  He should be on IR the rest of this season.  

Anyone watching this guy play on the field the last 5 games will tell you the same.  No damn effort at all, no pass rush technique, even a 3rd string starting OL or OT can put this guy on the road to nowhere.  He is no where near the QB and no where to be found on the field.  He is a wasted roster spot right now. 

We got other guys that are putting in twice the effort as this guy is and they deserve to be on the field, VON DOES NOT!!! 

Does "anyone" include the entire Bills staff?  go yell at them and tell them who all the other guys are that should be on the roster instead of Miller.  who are they?

19 hours ago, Stroke 17 said:

Like many of you I am over this guy, all talk no action.

After injury, I'll be back for the playoffs",    NO

Off season," I'll be back for training camp"     NO

"I'll be back for the season opener"      NO

I'll be ready when I get my brace off"    NO

"I feel great and I am getting better and stronger every day "   NO

I did not hit that woman and I have not hit any other football player in over a year. Believe me and pay me!

Talkers talk. 

8 minutes ago, paulmm3 said:

Von should not be on the field for us the rest of the season. He adds nothing and is a net negative. Maybe he just needs more time to recover from the injury and can be productive next year, but he doesn't have it this year.

Agreed.

I've not given up on him as a player. There's always next year. But I have given up on him as anything other than a rotational JAG this season.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.