It’s Dallas week and the Division is on the line!

Einstein

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Cold rain in the forecast. So much fun.

I love that Dallas will be miserable in the cold rain. And no one can tell me Buffalo will be equally as miserable.  they will be hyped and are more used to crappy conditions. Although with the slick ball the chances of turnovers increases. whoever wins that ratio will win the game.

Figured I'd put this in the week's thread. It's a preview of the game by K. Warner.  In the section on Diggs, I'm of course focusing on Diggs but happen to notice Knox at the bottom of the screen all alone.  I figured the a D-man had to be out of the camera frame, so I go back, and sure enough Knox comes out of the formation and is absolutely uncovered.  I thought it was amusing.  Wonder what these guys say after the fact?  It's about the 1:30 mark.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/nfl-total-access-warner-and-carr-s-film-breakdown-preview-of-bills-cowboys

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

I'm seeing a high of 49 and a low of 43 with light rain on multiple sites... doesn't seem terrible, are people seeing worse forecasts?

What's worse than rain and temps in the lower 40s?

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I love that Dallas will be miserable in the cold rain. And no one can tell me Buffalo will be equally as miserable.  they will be hyped and are more used to crappy conditions. Although with the slick ball the chances of turnovers increases. whoever wins that ratio will win the game.

It never ends.

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

What's worse than rain and temps in the lower 40s?

I’d rather it be 20’s and snow falling.  it will be dark out by the end of the 1st Qtr with showers supposedly getting more numerous.  being wet and mid 40’s sucks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Steve Largent is on WGR and he was talking about his first year in the league.  Bum Phillips was his coach and Steve said Bum didn't have much hitting during camp.

He felt like he needed to keep his players fresh and healthy for the season....that's when you let them go.

Interesting, from the "old school" people on here...it made me think NFL back then was practice, practice, practice and hitting, hitting and hitting.

"Players are soft today!  They don't even hit in training camp!"

Edited by Royale with Cheese

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/cowboys-have-three-players-miss-practice-with-illness

Cowboys edge rusher Micah Parsons played through flu-like symptoms Sunday. He remained limited Wednesday but returned to full work Thursday.

But receiver Brandin Cooks, receiver Jalen Tolbert and cornerback Stephon Gilmore missed Thursday’s practice with an illness. Gilmore did not practice Wednesday in a load management rest day, and Cooks had half a rest day Wednesday in sitting out team work.

Could the stars be aligning? 

1 hour ago, GottaRun said:

I'm seeing a high of 49 and a low of 43 with light rain on multiple sites... doesn't seem terrible, are people seeing worse forecasts? 

I watched the weather earlier. Saying there could be a system that moves in that could make things nasty, or it might it not do anything at all. Pretty sure they said if it did get nasty, it'd be more into Monday than Sunday afternoon. It's all a crap shoot at this point 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Figured I'd put this in the week's thread. It's a preview of the game by K. Warner.  In the section on Diggs, I'm of course focusing on Diggs but happen to notice Knox at the bottom of the screen all alone.  I figured the a D-man had to be out of the camera frame, so I go back, and sure enough Knox comes out of the formation and is absolutely uncovered.  I thought it was amusing.  Wonder what these guys say after the fact?  It's about the 1:30 mark.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/nfl-total-access-warner-and-carr-s-film-breakdown-preview-of-bills-cowboys

Thanks for this.

O/T: holy shiite, Kurt looks like he's had additional...ummm, surgery. Plus, the make-up lady needs a little more "former QB" and a little less "Little Richard".

27 minutes ago, H2o said:

Parsons was reportedly ill for the Eagles game Sunday night and played through it. So he’s probably on the backside of it and will be fine for the game.  Maybe the other guys just caught what he had.

6 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Wish I could agree but recent history tells us that the Bills do not play well in crappy weather at all.

I think back to hosting the Colts in the rain in 2021 and getting romped - to last season's playoff loss to the Bengals.

More than anything, it takes mental toughness to play well in bad weather. Since 2017, this team has lacked mental toughness. I'll let you figure out the common denominator there.

What about the Cowboys? In recent history have they played better in crappy weather?

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Tre wasn't "shut down" any more period. Teams threw AT him.  Patches?  Both adds have been massive amd CB a pure upgrade.

And if McDermott's system needs am all world LB to make it work... time to change systems. 

In Tre's All Pro year 2019 he had 6 targets per game for 50% completion.  2020, it was 4.6 targets per game for a bit higher completion, 56.9%

This season Tre had 4.5 targets per game, 50% completion

These numbers don't support your contention that teams threw AT Tre prior to his injury this season. 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Parsons was reportedly ill for the Eagles game Sunday night and played through it. So he’s probably on the backside of it and will be fine for the game.  Maybe the other guys just caught what he had.

That's what I was thinking. Not having Cooks and Gilmore at full strength for the game would  be a plus for us. 

2 hours ago, TPS said:

I'm sure this is good, but I just started watching.  The first Bills play Warner breaks down:

"It's all based off the play design and the creativity and stealing stuff from other people in the league"

That just cracked me up.

27 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This Cowboys team might be the best team in the NFL right now, at the very least better than KC/Philly.

Bills will truly need to play their best overall game of the season in this one to take the win.

At home, yeah. They've not proved they are on the road.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I watched the weather earlier. Saying there could be a system that moves in that could make things nasty, or it might it not do anything at all. Pretty sure they said if it did get nasty, it'd be more into Monday than Sunday afternoon. It's all a crap shoot at this point 

Correct. It’s a low pressure system in the south that will move north on Sunday. We’re in northern Virginia, and it looks like we and most of the east coast will get hammered with rain. Much less certain for WNY. It could be raining during the game, or the system could not make it there until later in the evening. We’ll see how it shapes up next couple days.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

At home, yeah. They've not proved they are on the road.

They really haven't beaten anybody besides the Eagles at home, and that Eagles defense is near bottom of the league in nearly every category.

I think there's a chance that they aren't quite what they are being hyped up as, and we take it to them. Being at home definitely helps, also

That being said...they also could quite possibly light our defense up and Parsons wreaks enough havoc to keep us from sticking with them

8 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

They really haven't beaten anybody besides the Eagles at home, and that Eagles defense is near bottom of the league in nearly every category.

I think there's a chance that they aren't quite what they are being hyped up as, and we take it to them. Being at home definitely helps, also

That being said...they also could quite possibly light our defense up and Parsons wreaks enough havoc to keep us from sticking with them

Yes I don’t get the hype either. Look at schedule. Giants 2x, wash 2x, split eagles, rams , Seahawks … a bunch of bad Dvoa defenses. 

they got crushed vs niners , lost a head scratcher vs cardinals 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.