Patty is not happy... Boo Hoo!

Huh? What?

Jawaan Taylor is also too far off of center. That is illegal formation...for the millionth time. I don't know why this guy gets so many passes every week. It is bonkers. 

Curious for the A22, because on the broadcast footage it looks like Toney smashes into the DB covering Kelce and that is how he got so open. 

A lot went wrong on that "amazing" play. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

44 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

There’s a quote from former NFL official that’s offense offside has been called 11 times this tear. 
So there’s that. 

Florio and Simms discussed this, and they said that the reason the number of such calls has increased is because of the tush push. Allowing guys to line up past the LOS on near-unstoppable play makes it an unstoppable play. Makes sense if you think about it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

Jawaan Taylor is also too far off of center. That is illegal formation...for the millionth time. 

Curious for the A22, because on the broadcast footage it looks like Toney smashes into the DB covering Kelce and that is how he got so open. 

Yes, I think someone who had A22 said the play was an un-called "pick" by Toney.

45 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Yup.  11 times in about 208 games (unless my math is off).

And what, say 120 snaps per game maybe.  So 11 times in about 24,960 snaps.

But how many times did someone actually line up Offside, no way to tell that I know of.

[Why does this board capitalize the O in Offside for me :) )

Your math is correct.  Average of 63.4 offensive snaps per game so 127 combined for both teams.

One reason offensive Offside is relatively rare on a WR is that for a WR, it's a "things you learn in PeeWee Football" level mistake.  WR who are outside, distant from the ball, learn to check with the LJ.  WR who are closer to the ball, learn to check where they are relative to the ball.

Now for OL, there's a different story.  On some teams, the OTs "Chiefly" line up too far in the backfield, "illegal formation", so often they must be being coached to do that and taking the viewpoint they'll do it until and unless they're called for it early and often.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

Jawaan Taylor is also too far off of center. That is illegal formation...for the millionth time. I don't know why this guy gets so many passes every week. It is bonkers. 

The Chiefs routinely employ a "they can't call it every play" mentality... on both sides of the ball. 

Watching this one play blow up in their faces is honestly the most satisfied I've been watching football since the "perfect offense" game against Pats in the playoffs. It's just that delicious. 😋

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

The Chiefs routinely employ a "they can't call it every play" mentality... on both sides of the ball. 

Watching this one play blow up in their faces is honestly the most satisfied I've been watching football since the "perfect offense" game against Pats in the playoffs. It's just that delicious. 😋

This.

I did not want to see Tom Brady win another Superbowl.  But it was beautifully satisfying to me to watch the refs finally call penalties on the Chiefs DB for DPI and DH in that superbowl, which they had committed all AFCC game long against the Bills with no recourse for the Bills receivers.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

A22 doesn't come out until tomorrow. At least for us civilian subscribers. 

Some people get it early somehow 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

This.

I did not want to see Tom Brady win another Superbowl.  But it was beautifully satisfying to me to watch the refs finally call penalties on the Chiefs DB for DPI and DH in that superbowl, which they had committed all AFCC game long against the Bills with no recourse for the Bills receivers.

Some people get it early somehow 🤷‍♂️

Teams, networks, and reporters.

33 minutes ago, BRH said:

This is longer than even I thought it would be. 

Holy crap!!!  I've lost so much respect for Mahomes.  I've always hated him, but only because he's on the Chiefs and is our nemesis.  Now I see he's just an entitled baby.

Contrast that with Josh's ridiculous intentional grounding earlier this year.  Did he react immediately?  Yes.  Did he bring it up in the PC?  Yes, but only a little.

This scene at the end of the game is probably 10-15 minutes after that play actually happened.

AND IT WAS AN OFFENSIVE Offside!!!!

Obviously the only reason he's complaining is because of the results of the play that didn't happen, but holy crap!!!  I hope he and Reid get fined.  This is disgusting.

• Like (+1) 1

Illegal formation by the RT, offensive PI by Toney and offside by Toney. At least three penalties on that one play and those two idiots berate the officials like they did. Anyone hear about a fine? There’s no way they shouldn’t be fined. Big time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The person that wrote that post is a Boston College graduate….that’s like the 30th best college in Boston.

i didn't even fill out an application.  i just sent them a bunch of nudes that was supposed to go to some broad in boston, and they sent me an acceptance letter.  good 4 years.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mango said:

That’s what it looked like to me but I haven’t found a good angle since

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Poor KC. They’ve never won anything. Who can blame them for being so… [checks earpiece].. nevermind. F those whiners. 

The question is, would they have won so much if they hadn't gotten so many calls in the past?

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, finn said:

The question is, would they have won so much if they hadn't gotten so many calls in the past?

Who knows. All I know is Mahomes’ star fell for a LOT of people last night, and I’m not even talking about in WNY. He’s certainly had an easy go of it in the league so far, but how people handle adversity tells you a lot about them. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have not read the entire thread so this may have already been covered. If so my apologies.

But has neither patty mahomes or Reid had a word to say regarding their guy actually committing a foul? An undisputed flag thrown at the time of the infraction type call?

Nepotism should only go so far. I'd respect Mahomes "tantrum" more if it was directed at his guy for screwing the pooch NOT the referees. 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Who knows. All I know is Mahomes’ star fell for a LOT of people last night, and I’m not even talking about in WNY. He’s certainly had an easy go of it in the league so far, but how people handle adversity tells you a lot about them. 

It was an unbelievable tantrum.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, muppy said:

I'd respect Mahomes "tantrum" more if it was directed at his guy for screwing the pooch NOT the referees. 

One of the morning talk show guys made that point today, I think it was Richard Sherman. Like, his complete disbelief that hissy fit wasn’t directed at Toney for committing such an egregious foul in the first place.

He also made the point, as defensive guys do, that the offense has every advantage given to them as far as penalties in today’s game. So now you want a warning served up to you on a silver platter when you’re lined up on the wrong side of the ball? F outta here with that noise. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, muppy said:

I have not read the entire thread so this may have already been covered. If so my apologies.

But has neither patty mahomes or Reid had a word to say regarding their guy actually committing a foul? An undisputed flag thrown at the time of the infraction type call?

Nepotism should only go far. I'd respect Mahomes "tantrum" more if it was directed at his guy for screwing the pooch NOT the referees. 

It...it isn't great. 

Reid complained that they were supposed to get a warning.

Mahommes said "he was only over a little"

not that it changes the fact that he had a hissy fit and acted like a total fool after the game. but,

Mahomes said:

“Obviously, you don’t want to react that way. I care, man. I love this game. I love my teammates. I want to go out there and put everything on the line to win. Obviously, can’t do that. Can’t be that way towards the officials or really anybody in life. I probably regret acting like that. More than anything, I regretted the way I acted towards Josh after the game because he had nothing to do with it. I was still hot and emotional, but you can’t do that, man. That’s not a great example for kids watching the game. So, I was more upset about that than I was about me on the sideline.”

Patrick Mahomes revealed the biggest regret from his postgame tantrum over the crucial Offside call

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

not that it changes the fact that he had a hissy fit and acted like a total fool after the game. but,

Mahomes said:

“Obviously, you don’t want to react that way. I care, man. I love this game. I love my teammates. I want to go out there and put everything on the line to win. Obviously, can’t do that. Can’t be that way towards the officials or really anybody in life. I probably regret acting like that. More than anything, I regretted the way I acted towards Josh after the game because he had nothing to do with it. I was still hot and emotional, but you can’t do that, man. That’s not a great example for kids watching the game. So, I was more upset about that than I was about me on the sideline.”

Patrick Mahomes revealed the biggest regret from his postgame tantrum over the crucial Offside call

PR department got to him.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Way to show good sportsmanship to Allen by crying about the refs instead of congratulating him.

Punk move by a punk QB that is a drama queen 

He apparently apologized for that today, but I'd love to know if he actually reached out to Allen and what he said, if so.  Public apologies for things said 1:1 in person are Weak Sauce.

And folks have a point that if there weren't a missed infraction committed towards Allen on the Bills previous series, Mahomes isn't on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

There was also at least one play where Kelce is in motion and instead of staying flat he rounds it and gets a CFL head start at the snap. They get away with a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.