Patty is not happy... Boo Hoo!

Huh? What?

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Wow just wow.  It's the easiest call to make in the NFL.  There is no grey area. Spoiled brat.

I don't even think thats for Offside.  I could be wrong but I think those checks are just at the end of line to make sure they have the right amount of players on and off the line of scrimmage.  It's not actually for Offside.

It is. My nephew plays HS football and checks with the refs on every play to make sure he's onsides, lined up correctly. It's basic football.

3 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

So Pat thinks the refs should warn them not to break the rules or let it go & ignore the rule? Seriously? How is he not getting blasted by the media for being a poor sport cry baby?

He is getting blasted on twitter at least.   Kermit memes all over the place 😂

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love the condescending pat on his chest from Josh as he biatched about the call 😆

I was going to mention that.  I said earlier that I wish Josh has told him to pound sand, but I missed that pat to the chest at that time and that pretty much was the same thing.

Hopefully Mahomes and Reid wake up today and are embarrassed by their tirades. 
It was embarrassing. Chiefs fans should be embarrassed by the actions of these two #######s. 
Two guys acting like they’re used to getting calls their way. Which is the case, IMO. 

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

It's so crazy that one of the things he went off on is that Kelce made such a cool play that now might not be part of the highlight reel for his HOF career - like that was justification to not call it.  Forget also the actual reality/logistics that the flag is thrown at the start of the play, so in this case the refs are supposed to gather after the play, discuss, then get on the PA "After further discussion there is no flag on the play because "Cool Play Bro!" - so bizarre

And then he actually says this - which is exactly the point - even elementary school players know to check with the ref.  Toney did not do this. 

“Offensive Offside. Like I said in elementary school we talk about you line up, you point to the ref, you’re good, you’re not good"

Him and Reid doubling down on offside is never called, and players get warnings - you only get a warning if you check first.  All they are doing is furthering the case that their player screwed up.  The reason it is called so infrequently is because almost all the time the receiver lines up properly to begin with or checks with the official.

I think generally Mahomes has been a decent guy, but this whole episode really puts him in a different light of someone who has enjoed the benefits of things going his way for most of his career, and now when some things don't go his way he becomes unhinged and starts blaming everyone else.  Not a great look

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was going to mention that.  I said earlier that I wish Josh has told him to pound sand, but I missed that pat to the chest at that time and that pretty much was the same thing.

It was the polite version of "cool story bro".

Because Josh knows nothing of heartbreaking losses and plays called back by dumb penalties.

I also think that there is something that bears repeating: this isn't a binary of "Refs made a call Bills win, no call Chiefs win". This isn't the Bills having 12 men on the field so Denver gets another kick or the Eagles fumbling in overtime and the turnover is called back or the game would be over.

Let's say, hypothetically, that the play stands as called and is a touchdown. The Bills are now in 4 down territory with all timeouts. It's not a sure thing at all.

And it's not as if the Chiefs suddenly had no chance. They had two more plays to get a first down and all the time in the world. And it's maddening to see the discussion seemingly be "oh the refs decided the game again"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My favorite part about the “let us play” comment? Not only did Toney line up Offside, he also had a pretty blatant pick several yards downfield that could have been called. THAT would have been a tough call, but the right one.

quite frankly, the Chiefs play right on the edge of the rules when it comes to illegal contact. If the refs didn’t let them play, they could have had 30 penalties last night.

• Like (+1) 1

Thankfully Josh has never acted like Patty did last night on the sidelines. I get it, you’re annoyed a call didn’t go your way and possibly lost you the game…

Seen it be that way for Josh and the gang countless times. Never seen that reaction. Several posters have mentioned entitlement about his post game comments… Couldn’t agree more.

What class from a guy who’s done it all in a short span. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Can't wait to see the next State Farm commercial - accidental death insurance from drowning in MAtears.

It wasn't even a questionable call that could have gone either way.  His WR CLEARLY lined up offside.

Edited by Nuncha
  • Haha (+1) 1

That blue line is for the defense in the neutral zone.  The blue line for the offense would be on the other side of the football where the centers head is.  There’s basically a foot/foot-and-a-half no man’s land where the ball is.  Toney was at least a full foot Offside.  The side ref that threw the flag couldn’t even see the ball because toney was so Offside.  

1 hour ago, Metal Man said:

Did Patty forget that even if that TD had counted the Bills still would have had over a minute left in the game with 3 timeouts to take back the lead?

It's dissing the Bills O IMO, like saying we can score in 13 seconds but a minute and 3 time outs for you - game is already over

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.