Patty is not happy... Boo Hoo!

Huh? What?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

And why does Toney need to check with the refs anyway?  Just look to the right and see where the ball and the rest of your teammates are lined up.

He doesn't.   It's just the counterpoint to Mahomes claim that they never get called for offensive offside because the refs "warn them".

The counterpoint is that the WR can ask the refs for feedback to avoid mistakes, but the refs don't offer it unsolicited, nor are they obliged to offer it, and Toney didn't ask.

Mahomes is wrong on all counts.

If the chiefs had cajones they would cut kadarius toney today. Stephen A just ripped them apart for not holding him accountable ever and there was a reason the giants gave up on him so fast as a 1st rd pick. They continue to not hold him accountable by embarrassing themselves for blaming the refs for making the correct call instead of accepting their player made an egregious mistake that you learn in peewee football and drops passes left and right. They even slowed down the kelce play and showed where he was first pouting that he didn’t get the ball on that play, then was just standing there instead of running downfield to block for kelce and that’s why he was there for the inpromptu lateral. 

btw they should also fire their WR coach because those guys are terrible. It’s the nfl and they can’t run the right route, block, catch or line up correctly 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Mahomes is pure trash! 

They did show him playing with a little Asian girl at a hospital who was kissing him on the cheek during the game.  He had a big smile on his face.  Didn't seem like trash at that moment.  

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Mahomes is so full of it. Saying let them play, while at the same time he begs for flags to be thrown the whole game. You want them to let you play or you want to beg for flags? Which one is it? Can't have both. 

He wants them to pick up the flag because the resulting play was so entertaining. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

image.thumb.jpeg.71bb6ed5e0aee6a0cdc503bfd74e385a.jpeg

Toney was almost lined up with the defense. That’s how far Offside he was. Mahomes/Reid should be fined. 

what is even more alamrming to me is looking at the RT specfically. many OL do this. they're practiceally in the backfield and they are supposed to be on the LOS.the off ball WR's and split are even aligned ahead of the RT

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This stuff is to funny , the same bills fans that where disrespecting their team, calling for everyone to be fired , now acting like there the best team in the world because they nearly escaped with a win , a game in which buffalo dominated the chiefs , and the chiefs played pretty bad, and only managed to escape with the win. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

47 minutes ago, Doc said:

And why does Toney need to check with the refs anyway?  Just look to the right and see where the ball and the rest of your teammates are lined up.

Its pop warner stuff!

I get them being mad It was a fantastic play, but to call it the "worst effing call" is ridiculous. 

It was also 2nd down and they didnt gain another yard in the following 3 plays. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Mahomes and Reid are getting destroyed in the national talk shows this morning.

I have a sneaking suspicion the Chiefs miss the playoffs. Watch them lose to a motivated NE team, that was the first team ever flexed out of MNF, this week. Still have Cinci who is playing well despite losing Burrow. The AFC is really muddled now and could see them falling apart

Honestly, they look tired to me. They have basically played an entire season extra the last few years. Might finally be catching up to them 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

On Get Up this morning Rex Ryan said in all his years of coaching he was never warned by an official about someone lining up Offside. He mentioned the refs might say an offensive tackle might be pushing the limit one way or the other, but that’s it. Robert Griffin has no clue and this only adds to my take on him as a waste of an NFL talking head.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

This stuff is to funny , the same bills fans that where disrespecting their team, calling for everyone to be fired , now acting like there the best team in the world because they nearly escaped with a win , a game in which buffalo dominated the chiefs , and the chiefs played pretty bad, and only managed to escape with the win. 

Hey man... I am pro-McD and never advocated for what you say.

It is pretty funny... Because Mahomes is a whiny little self-entitled brat who thinks the rules don't apply to him.

For the SuperBowl Champs to be so unbecoming says a lot, especially for a team that caught so many breaks through the years!  They are coming unglued!

Say what you want about Tom Brady,  he pouted and left the field not shaking hands at times... BUT he never pulled this bad of a sore loser act Mahomes and the classless Chiefs organization pulled.

Only one thing could get better. Tay Tay & Brittany Mahomes need to defend their baby boys! 😆 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

It's so illogical for Mahommes and the Chiefs and their fans to whine that the official negated a great play. He threw the flag the second the ball was snapped, before Mahommes threw the ball, before Kelsay caught it, before the lateral to Toney and the TD. As far as he was concerned he was calling a five-yard penalty on an egregious offside alignment. What was he supposed to do, say, "Okay, in this last minute I no longer enforce the Offside rule no matter how blatantly the player violates it?"

I get that the Chiefs are frustrated that this amazing play was negated because of this flag. If it happened to the Bills I would be suicidal. But the only way the ref could have known this is if he had a time machine.

Blame Kadarius Toney for a dumb mistake. 

And don't blame the ref for not warning him. Toney was lined up in tight, right up against the linemen, inside of the wide receiver. He was miles away from the sideline ref, and only ten feet away from the ball and the center. He didn't need the ref to warn him if he was lined up wrong. He just had to look ten feet to his right, see the ball, and fix it himself. Was the ref supposed to blow his whistle, run onto the field and tell him where to stand?

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

On Get Up this morning Rex Ryan said in all his years of coaching he was never warned by an official about someone lining up Offside. He mentioned the refs might say an offensive tackle might be pushing the limit one way or the other, but that’s it. Robert Griffin has no clue and this only adds to my take on him as a waste of an NFL talking head.

Thank You!

I played lineman in high school. They didn't warn sh*t back in the day!

Mahomes needs to go back to elementary school...

3 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

It's so illogical for Mahommes and the Chiefs and their fans to whine that the official negated a great play. He threw the flag the second the ball was snapped, before Mahommes threw the ball, before Kelsay caught it, before the lateral to Toney and the TD. As far as he was concerned he was calling a five-yard penalty on an egregious offside alignment. What was he supposed to do, say, "Okay, in this last minute I no longer enforce the Offside rule no matter how blatantly the player violates it?"

I get that the Chiefs are frustrated that this amazing play was negated because of this flag. If it happened to the Bills I would be suicidal. But the only way the ref could have known this is if he had a time machine.

Blame Kadarius Toney for a dumb mistake. 

And don't blame the ref for not warning him. Toney was lined up in tight, right up against the linemen, inside of the wide receiver. He was miles away from the sideline ref, and only ten feet away from the ball and the center. He didn't need the ref to warn him if he was lined up wrong. He just had to look ten feet to his right, see the ball, and fix it himself. Was the ref supposed to blow his whistle, run onto the field and tell him where to stand?

Even the announcer said there was a flag on play the second it was snapped.   KC home announcer. Yet, he said it was on the D. 😆  Arrogant little prick! He was in for a rude awakening! 

36 minutes ago, boyst said:

what is even more alamrming to me is looking at the RT specfically. many OL do this. they're practiceally in the backfield and they are supposed to be on the LOS.the off ball WR's and split are even aligned ahead of the RT

Yeah... They've been getting away with thar for years now on obvious passing plays. Still fundamentally not kosher. 

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I played lineman in high school. They didn't warn sh*t back in the day!

At high school games, it's pretty clear that if you're an end and ask the line judge if you're position is acceptable under the rules, they'll tell you. That doesn't mean that Toney even thought to ask. But I do think the officials will oblige if asked.

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... They've been getting away with thar for years now on obvious passing plays. Still fundamentally not kosher. 

The NFL needs to start clamping down on the OL movement as far as I'm concerned. Period. These hand motions, swiveling the head around, up and down crap. Just stop it. The rule is that you're supposed to come set, and you know the snap count. Deal with it. If the DL gets an advantage, be better. 

This is right up there with these "bang bang" (which always means 1/2 to 1 second early, never a fraction of a second late) plays that always used to be DPI. They'll call BS hand fouls that have no bearing on the play all day, but let a DB wrap up a receiver without any real chance to catch the ball and nothing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

At high school games, it's pretty clear that if you're an end and ask the line judge if you're position is acceptable under the rules, they'll tell you. That doesn't mean that Toney even thought to ask. But I do think the officials will oblige if asked.

The receivers should be able to tell where the ball is and adjust accordingly.  Suddenly the world of Chiefs' fans want to imply that this is rocket science.  Toney made a mistake and it was a penalty.  That's exactly how it's supposed to be.

Edited by Murdox
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

They will, at the college and at the NFL level.

Now, that said...it's happened that the official near the player will signal OK, the LJ on the opposite side will call a penalty, and it will stand.  But that's relatively rare when the player checks their position.

And Cheffers said Toney didn't.

Emotions get the best of many players.  And Mahomes has had 2 weeks in a row of game-deciding calls.

The thing is, LAST week is the one he should have complained about.  Not the one that was actually a correct call.

The worst part was his comment to Allen.  I don't think I've seen a player do that before.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Emotions get the best of many players.  And Mahomes has had 2 weeks in a row of game-deciding calls.

The thing is, LAST week is the one he should have complained about.  Not the one that was actually a correct call.

The worst part was his comment to Allen.  I don't think I've seen a player do that before.

That bothered me more than anything. Allen is the closest thing to a peer physically in the NFL and supposedly a good friend of his and that was very disrespectful. I hope he calls Josh to apologize 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Success said:

IMO this is being overblown.  Allen is actually friends with Mahomes.   Who knows what was said before the camera caught what it did.

Allen may have said something like "what a crazy play with Kelce lateral!"  and Mahomes was just responding to that.

It was still poor yes.....but we don't know the full context.

If the players were not legit friends, then yes it would be much worse and disrespectful 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

31 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Lost a lot of respect for Mahomes after seeing him whine to Josh in the post game handshake.  What a little B.

I agree.  I know it is a sport where players are making millions of dollars, but at the end of the game there should still be sportsmanship.   Be a good winner, and be a good loser.  Reid and Mahomes deserve all the criticism they receive. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.