Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I just cannot wrap my head around that lateral…it wasn’t even a smart play if you 100% know it’s gonna work lol 

Kelce has been doing this for a while and has been getting a ton of press over it this year. It's like his thing. Even more so in big games and/or when the game is on the line. In the 1st quarter I turned to my wife and said "We better have guys trailing Kelce because he will try to lateral it at some point." Apparently I had my players better prepared.

12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I need someone to confirm this I feel like I’m takin crazy pills haha isn’t offensive offside a dead ball foul? Like…this infamous play should’ve been blown dead before the ball was even thrown im pretty sure 

No.  Both defensive and offensive "Offside" in a live ball foul.

A false start is a dead ball foul.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

What's going on with Diggs? He's the #1 receiver, but today he was inconsequential, 4 catches on 11 targets for only 24 yards.

Guess who is the main player opposing defenses focus on taking away at all costs? And then make it a top ranked Defense with great corners. He'll be fine.

• Agree 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Kelce has been doing this for a while and has been getting a ton of press over it this year. It's like his thing. Even more so in big games and/or when the game is on the line. In the 1st quarter I turned to my wife and said "We better have guys trailing Kelce because he will try to lateral it at some point." Apparently I had my players better prepared.

Looks like we may have been on it…that lateral very nearly got batted.  It was a ton of risk for very little reward 

1 hour ago, 4th&long said:

Explained in one word (name) Knox. I was not happy when he was activated. Back to 12 personnel. Not much kincade or shakier. 12 personnel needs to go. If they have to cut Knox to get rid of it I’m fine with it.

no shakir was a big loss....   im with you..i dont care if knox hits the road...

41 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's a slippery slope, Patrick.

You b!tch up a storm about the officiating the week before..........when every team is struggling with the same inconsistent officiating.

Then the next week the officials who were always tipping you off about pre-snap penalties maybe decide to treat you like everyone else.

The whole "we've never had an offensive Offside called against us" thing is just a crazy thing to hear.

I can't tell if huge fines are coming to KC or the NFL tries to pretend they didn't hear it.    The audacity is just that difficult to comprehend.

Mahomes comes off like an entitled brat.  

It was crunch time and a penalty was called before this historic KC chiefs play happened. The rest of the football world will have to survive without this play.  It was a real and indisputable call, not like holding or PI.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BRH said:

Best part is after showing our collective ass all week long with the Von and McD stories, all anyone will remember is Patty losing his ***** like a four-year-old.  

I fel the media narrative will be he is a fiery competitor doing everything right but getting let down by teammates.  Meanwhile if it was Josh it would be a feeding frenzy that he is unhinged and not mentally capable of being a winner

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

wow, reading through ChiefsPlanet they’re actually being very…… reasonable about the Offside call!

It’s hard not to be lol. There was nothing ‘judgement’ about it.  Some of the chiefs fans are trying to say von was offside on a later play but you would need an absolute freeze frame exactly when the ball was snapped to know for sure which IS a judgement call.  Toney was just standin over the LOS

1 minute ago, Success said:

I'm usually okay w/ Mahomes - but he was a baby tonight.

Things don’t usually go against Mahomes and the Chiefs. That’s why you haven’t seen this from him before. Tonight he showed who he is when facing adversity and what he saw as unfairly called penalties. I think Mahomes and Kelce are great, hall of fame players. I also think Mahomes and Kelce are hall of fame entitled D-bags and have thought so going back years now. Today it’s on full display with their QB for all to see. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

They gave up 17 against KC I’ll take it.. not apologizing after all the losses that should have been Ws.. the Chiefs whining about idiot 19 being Offside by half a yard is on them. Bills could talk holding and PIs never called on them.

Yeah Mahomes is being a real baby about finally being on the wrong side of game deciding calls. Especially since this call was objectively correct. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Mahomes comes off like an entitled brat.  

It was crunch time and a penalty was called before this historic KC chiefs play happened. The rest of the football world will have to survive without this player .  It was a real and indisputable call, not like holding or PI.  

That's what's so crazy about the gripe.

It's clearly an indisputable and totally unnecessary mental error by a player on their team but Patrick thinks this falls under the whole "officiating sucks" narrative when it absolutely does not.

It's egregious piling on of the officiating by a team that just isn't as good as it was in recent years and is having a hard time coming to grips with the smaller margins for error that come with not being so dominant.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It costs us more to cut Knox than to keep him next year.

Kincaid should be moved to #1 TE, but Knox should be kept in case of injuries. At least next year. 2025 is a different story.

Well, money screws everything up. Atleast we will have a good backup!

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's a slippery slope, Patrick.

You b!tch up a storm about the officiating the week before..........when every team is struggling with the same inconsistent officiating.

Then the next week the officials who were always tipping you off about pre-snap penalties maybe decide to treat you like everyone else.

The whole "we've never had an offensive Offside called against us" thing is just a crazy thing to hear.

I can't tell if huge fines are coming to KC or the NFL tries to pretend they didn't hear it.    The audacity is just that difficult to comprehend.

Oh they're absolutely getting fined, this penalty was ***** obvious and they're bitching up a storm about it, NFL darlings or not they're not putting up with that.

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here’s the audio. They’re human and make mistakes? Explain to me Kermit how the call was a mistake, please.

It's tough to swallow it's like I've got a frog in my throat.

27 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Someone should ask mahomes if "we would be talking about the refs" if he didn't throw a tantrum........no one will but without the tantrum no one even mentions the refs in this game in my opinion 

Absolutely if he didn't specifically target the refs the story would be that idiot lining up in the wrong spot, like it ***** should be for the Chiefs.

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here’s the audio. They’re human and make mistakes? Explain to me Kermit how the call was a mistake, please.

Twitterverse or X-force or whatever it is now is pretty universally crapping on Mahomes and memeing the hell out of this. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We were "lucky" Toney is such a dummy. And apparently, to hear it from Mahomes about the warnings they usually get, we were lucky the refs actually called it correctly.

Floyd is all player execution. He's a real one.

This is what I dont understand.  Toney being off isn't lucky - its lack of execution by him.  That's poor execution.  Luck is a ball being tipped 3 times into a players hands.  It's Waddle's catch against us earlier this year.

Ref's calling a penalty a penalty isn't luck - its execution.  The refs are like the teams, they need to execute when it matters.  If you want to say it's lucky for us not get a call on Von on the play after, I can understand that.  It's a 50/50 situation where the refs didn't pull the flag.  Toney being offiside is an absolute flag, and was called accordingly.

In my personal opinion, people are calling us lucky to move away from the realities that this team executed at the end and played a pretty good game all around.  Mcd called a good game, and the team executed throughout.  It wasn't perfect, but it never is.  We did enough to win, that's a reality.

The team is absolutely resilient today, winning a game in Arrowhead after having the week of news that they did, dealing with injuries to core positions, and fighting for their playoff lives.  That's as resilient as they come.

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The rest for those who don’t have Twitter —

“every week, we’re talking about something... It's the call. Just in that moment. Not for myself. To have a flag change the outcome of the game. I've never had offensive Offside called. If it does, they warn you. There wasn't a warning the entire game. And then you make a call like that in the final minute? Another game, we're talking about the refs. It's not what we want for the NFL. It's not what we want for football."

Except his guy was Offside.  Period.  And no, the refs don't automagically warn you.  If the WR looks at the ref and asks, the ref will usually indicate.  But he has to look.

5 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Things don’t usually go against Mahomes and the Chiefs. That’s why you haven’t seen this from him before. Tonight he showed who he is when facing adversity and what he saw as unfairly called penalties. I think Mahomes and Kelce are great, hall of fame players. I also think Mahomes and Kelce are hall of fame entitled D-bags and have thought so going back years now. Today it’s on full display with their QB for all to see. 

It's so beautiful that it happened against the Bills so Mahomes is juxtaposed with Josh.

Josh has been taking a TON of heat from fans online. They claim he's a big whiny baby, and is always crying to the refs for a call (and sometimes that is very true).

But now, after seeing this, the online tide has turned and folks are realizing Mahomes is the biggest baby, he just usually gets the calls and doesnt have to cry.

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Well, money screws everything up. Atleast we will have a good backup!

Yeah, if you think about it as $14M spread across both Knox and Kincaid, it isnt too bad.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.