Game Thread: TNF: New England at Pittsburgh

chongli

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Pats aren't out of it yet......

GAzJH6AWEAAeTDU?format=jpg&name=large

As much of a nightmare as that'd be for us, that'd kind of also be a nightmare for them, just completely ruin their draft picks by somehow making the playoffs, though I guess like us if you did it on a roll like that you'd have confidence in doing something....though I can't see how you'd have confidence in that team at all.

16 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

And there would be more debate about letting teams with a losing record in the playoffs just because they won their division. 

that debate is coming with the nfc west winner this year.

the best spot beside the one seed is going to be the 5 seed in the nfc.  its almst a bye week if atlanta wins the division

I didn’t realize the Steelers locker room was in shambles but the post game show just spent 10 minutes talking about how there’s a lack of maturity, accountability, a lot of in-fighting, and a list of things that made it sound like a dire situation. Interesting. 

42 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

And there would be more debate about letting teams with a losing record in the playoffs just because they won their division. 

Yeah I mean...

If a 7-10 team makes the playoffs, they should just go back to 6 teams.

This actually would have nothing to do with division winners, this would be a wildcard for the pats with Miami winning the div

3 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Yeah I mean...

If a 7-10 team makes the playoffs, they should just go back to 6 teams.

This actually would have nothing to do with division winners, this would be a wildcard for the pats with Miami winning the div

Personally I never liked that they added a 7th team.  

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

Broncos are kinda hot now. It's the way that ended that will haunt our dreams if we miss the playoffs. But yeah we had 15 chances to win that game besides the ending.

Kind of reminds me of the lions game last year…we caught them at the beginning of a hot streak and everyone thought they were a bad team still and the lions have been hot ever since lol

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Should Tomlin be fired too?

Idk how this narrative keeps getting pushed that tomlin has no talent and overperforms every year lol he has talent and is holding them back imo 

19 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

the steelers have lost what 3 of 4 and are still ahead of the bills, yikes.

They're pretty bad overall. Just like Colts/Broncos , even Cle. We'll get in with 10 wins. Bunch of bad teams ahead of our potentially very good team. Strange season so far.. 

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

They're pretty bad overall. Just like Colts/Broncos , even Cle. We'll get in with 10 wins. Bunch of bad teams ahead of our potentially very good team. Strange season so far.. 

first the Bills have to get 10 wins. This season proved anything it’s that no game is a cake walk for any AFC Team. Some bizarre losses for every good AFC team. 

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

first the Bills have to get 10 wins. This season proved anything it’s that no game is a cake walk for any AFC Team. Some bizarre losses for every good AFC team. 

of course. no easy task but they certainly have a clear path and will be a handful for any team 

Might have been 1st time I rooted for NE and will continue to do so. Nice W. Are you rooting for wins or higher draft pick?

When Buf was in the drought I personally still watched everey week hoping for the W

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

of course. no easy task but they certainly have a clear path and will be a handful for any team 

Might have been 1st time I rooted for NE and will continue to do so. Nice W. Are you rooting for wins or higher draft pick?

When Buf was in the drought I personally still watched everey week hoping for the W

I want the higher draft pick, I want the closest thing to a sure bet at QB we can get. But I am also wanting a complete change, I personally think it’s time for BB to retire and a horrid season may just get him to do it and if not may get Kraft to can him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

As bad as they might be we have BY FAR the most difficult schedule of the bunch fighting for the WC spots.  Also, seems like some combination of these teams are playing each other each week down the stretch so someone has to win

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You have that. 🤨

📯🌟MJ🏈10🌟📯   ®️©️™️

I won’t lie until this year I wasn’t sure about him at all. He looked good his first year, his second year he was bad but had terrible OC Coaching, and this year he beyond bad.. so that’s the silver lining IMO was finding out he is broken beyond repair.

I can’t imagine what a workplace full of our fans was like after the Patriots loss.

Oh wait. I can now. 

“How TF did we lose to that bad a team” at least 10 times already…”

Poor Yinzers.

One guy wasn’t with the “that’s your William & Mary alum helping one of his brothers out…”

😂

Edited by BBFL

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

I can’t imagine what a workplace full of our fans was like after the Patriots loss.

Oh wait. I can now. 

“How TF did we lose to that bad a team” at least 10 times already…”

Poor Yinzers.

One guy wasn’t with the “that’s your William & Mary alum helping one of his brothers out…”

😂

Imagine if you lost to them again at home!? A lot of Pats fans be ticked as well as Bills fans lol

• Haha (+1) 1

And this is why you never "assume" a team is going to have an "easy" schedule down the stretch...Steelers lost to a pair of 2 win teams back to back at home.  Honestly the Colts and Browns are both equally smoke and mirror teams that could easily lose to anyone as well. Those are not good teams.

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

As bad as they might be we have BY FAR the most difficult schedule of the bunch fighting for the WC spots.  Also, seems like some combination of these teams are playing each other each week down the stretch so someone has to win

I know , the losses to NE and Den are especially brutal but we can beat anyone if we don't ahoot ourselves in the foot. I mean we'd be tied for a WC with a win, most likely and 1 back from KC 

If Mia loses 1 more time and we go 4-0, that game will be for the division, as bad as things been, this team has proven it can go on runs even with a tough schedule 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

I want the higher draft pick, I want the closest thing to a sure bet at QB we can get. But I am also wanting a complete change, I personally think it’s time for BB to retire and a horrid season may just get him to do it and if not may get Kraft to can him. 

I get it, but you actually watched them play and rooted for a L? I hear ppl say this and I've wanted the higher draft pick but once 1 oclock hits, I'm locked in, rooting my butt off

Edited by JerseyBills

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I mean probably. He’s a good coach but they have peaked as a 500 team for years now 

It's amazing how many coaches get separated from a top-10 quarterback and suddenly look like JAG's...

Payton, Belichick, Tomlin... All good coaches in their own right, sure. But more and more their sustained success just seems to be the luck of finding a top shelf QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

This worked out well for both the Bills and the Pats. With a win the Bills edge ever so closer to a playoff spot and also with a win the Pats still pick 2nd. SWEET!! 

It's nice that you've talked yourself into the win not mattering but it in no way helped your draft position it only hurt it, if it somehow didn't hurt it your now in position to actually damage it if you somehow have another meaningless win.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.