Who doesn't think this team is good enough to go 5-0 down the stretch?

Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Let’s look at the last 5 games:

KC : They been inconsistent but unlike the Bills they have found ways to win, and it looks like last week they found a WR who can catch.. in KC. I am thinking KC wins

Dallas: in Buffalo, and Dallas isn’t as good on the road. They have a top D and a Top O in the NFL. Close game.. Thinking Dallas wins on late drive.

Chargers - In Buffalo and the Chargers are a mess. Buffalo wins

Patriots - In Buffalo and by this point Malik Cunningham may be Pats QB Bills Win.

Dolphins - At Miami and I think Miami sits starters.. Bills win.

so I see 3-2 could be 4-1 but I don’t see the Bills beating KC and Dallas. 

Why are you here?

3 hours ago, Success said:

I get thinking that might be the record if a fan thinks the team is falling apart - but "realistically" is not at all accurate.

There is a very slim chance the team falls apart like that.  We're a 6-6 team that talent-wise is on par w/ the top teams.  Only about 2-3 teams are likely to win only one game the rest of the way, and those are really the dregs of the league.

The problem is the defense can't hold up late in games because we have a lot of older players that look absolutely gassed at the end of games.  So we play soft defense and get taken to the wood shed far too often.  

That being said, Josh Allen when at his best is the most dominant player in the NFL.  So a 5-0 run is possible.  We need Joe Brady to be scheming up some bigtime offense that suits Josh, and the Bills secondary especially our safeties really need to tighten things up.  Hyde and Poyer's fall off in play this year has really been surprising.  

• Like (+1) 1

I am FULLY convinced that all this team needs to do is beats KC and they go the Super Bowl. The thing that that truly sucks is that I don't think think we are beating KC. This could go down as the most infuriating season of my life because even after the injuries, these players can STILL do it. If the defensive coaching could just get out of their own way, we very well may STILL have the best team in the NFL. 

If McDermott can't figure out a solid defensive plan over the 2 weeks he will have, I hope he rots on some other team next year. I honestly feel the whole rest of his career hinges on KC so for the good of him, and the best fans in the league, GET IT FREAKING DONE!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

The team is good enough…the head coach is not. He will cost us at least 1 more in these next 5. 

And quite frankly so what if we manage to squeak into the playoffs? We aren't going anywhere. This season was supposed to be about a lot more than just getting in. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I am FULLY convinced that all this team needs to do is beats KC and they go the Super Bowl. The thing that that truly sucks is that I don't think think we are beating KC. This could go down as the most infuriating season of my life because even after the injuries, these players can STILL do it. If the defensive coaching could just get out of their own way, we very well may STILL have the best team in the NFL. 

If McDermott can't figure out a solid defensive plan over the 2 weeks he will have, I hope he rots on some other team next year. I honestly feel the whole rest of his career hinges on KC so for the good of him, and the best fans in the league, GET IT FREAKING DONE!!!!!

And that is the issue.  McD and Bills win the next teo. It lines up well.  

Bills need at worst 8-1 to win SB, which they're capable of.

Ifbthey don't is this tlreally waht.we want?

I see a lot of ‘They’re good enough…but probably won’t’ responses. A great coach once said you are what your record is. Or something like that. This year’s Bills is a .500 team after 12 weeks. So they’re not good enough to win 5 in a row. It’s fan delusion to think otherwise. 

What they are good enough to do…is rise up to better competition so they might upset KC after the bye. Which would be a great feel for the fanbase in what is a disappointing season. It would be the highlight of this season. Might save McD’s butt for another year. 

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And this is why this site is busy and people are so mad.

Next game pretty much will tell us all.  

And yes even a loss and we'll all look next to Dallas.😉

72, I only care about the Chiefs.  Then I’ll only care about the Cowgirls.  We win those two convincingly and McDermott stays out of the freakin way, then I’ll start to have some hope as we were the better team against Philly.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m a huge Bills homer and I don’t see it happening. Not with this defense, this special teams, and this head coach.

I expect Andy Reid and Spags to school McD in Arrowhead after the bye and end all discussion.

I think we have the better team overall but I think the coaching disparity is what will doom us. 

Hope I’m wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

The problem is the defense can't hold up late in games because we have a lot of older players that look absolutely gassed at the end of games.  So we play soft defense and get taken to the wood shed far too often.  

That being said, Josh Allen when at his best is the most dominant player in the NFL.  So a 5-0 run is possible.  We need Joe Brady to be scheming up some bigtime offense that suits Josh, and the Bills secondary especially our safeties really need to tighten things up.  Hyde and Poyer's fall off in play this year has really been surprising.  

Paup, to me part of that beyond your points (all good ones) is they have been on the field for way too much time.  The problem is the seam offense and I finally started to believe Brady was getting more creative as well as Josh.  

McD on the other hand I’ve lost faith.  Too many bad decisions so I’m late to the party with McD can’t take us any farther.  I’m getting there now.  He was what this team needed 2017-2022.  I can’t look the other way anymore when some of his decisions are maddening.

13 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I’m a huge Bills homer and I don’t see it happening. Not with this defense, this special teams, and this head coach.

I expect Andy Reid and Spags to school McD in Arrowhead after the bye and end all discussion.

I think we have the better team overall but I think the coaching disparity is what will doom us. 

Hope I’m wrong.

Even bad defenses can cover up many times and put the team in a position to win.

This team has not.  Please do not use Tyrod Taylor, Mac Jones or a mediocre Russell Wilson as examples. 🤣

It’s not about the “team” as in the players, it’s about preparation and scheming on defense & offense, the OC change has gotten us better over the last two games, the combo of HC & DC…, not so much, status quo at best, it’s about prep and scheming on “D” and game management on the HC positions, jmo.

GO BILLS!!!

Hard to do it when you consistently shoot yourself in the foot and the ass. This team can't play mistake free football. If they did they'd be 9-3 at worst, most likely 10-2 or better.  The Bills are their own worst enemy so I think 5-0 is a pipe dream this year. Unless somehow, they actually play to their potential and talent level.. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

They go 5-0 and storm into the playoffs, only to lose in the most heartbreakingly dramatic fashion ever to be witnessed in all of sports history. The collective anger causes a rumble in the earth and the new stadium site crumbles into the ground below and becomes a giant sinkhole. 

Edited by bklnpete
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Bills are 6-6 on merit. They have no chance of winning out... None... They end up 8-9, and we'll be watching dreck like the Colts, Steelers and Browns with 2nd string, or worse QB's in the playoff's, while we had a healthy Josh and offense and blew another year. Even when Milano comes back, he'll miss at least 5 games anyway.. He always does. 2021 was our shot... And blew it.   

I honestly think we might lose out. The team will be so embarrassed after being eliminated that I just don’t see any of them starting the last few games. You definitely sit Josh. Use the last few games for evaluation and get ready for the fire sale.

How does McD and Beane fit into that? I don’t know.

3 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

The Bills are 6-6 on merit. They have no chance of winning out... None... They end up 8-9, and we'll be watching dreck like the Colts, Steelers and Browns with 2nd string, or worse QB's in the playoff's, while we had a healthy Josh and offense and blew another year. Even when Milano comes back, he'll miss at least 5 games anyway.. He always does. 2021 was our shot... And blew it.   

The 6-6 feels a bit fluky to me personally.  Bass missin relatively easy fgs in most close games and teams pulling off some of the most improbable plays of the year against us…the Sutton td and eagles fg/the prayer td to zaccheaus were just ridiculous.

I don’t think we’ll win out but I think we’re a pretty good but not great team that’s had some rough luck 

15 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Hope after the bye is that Dane Jackson, Taylor Rapp and Dawson Knox are all back. Even Elam will be available if you want it. 

So healthy as you've been since London. 

But longest win streak of the year is 3 games, and now you have to beat @ Chiefs and Cowboys in back to back weeks, and assume that the Dolphins have the division locked up in Week 18, do they rest and allow the Bills to get into the Playoffs? 

I do think the Patriots are a guaranteed win, but if the Chargers aren't bad enough where I'd be 100% confident in that game even though it will be a defacto home game by then. 

Dolphins will not play their back ups unless they have the number one seed in their pockets after week 17.

Me.

Under McClapper, the Bills tend to absolutely fold to comparable or superior (KC) teams. This year, he has ***** the bed against clown show teams with QBs you wouldn’t pick for your Sunday Beer League! 

He’s a loser and there is no chance the Bills will go 5-0! An incredible run would be 3-2.

likely… 1-4.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.