Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

At this rate, we may not be able to tell - the Bills might be in a position to tank.

It is true that Dorsey started hot last year. And, Jets aside - which wasn’t really on his play calling - the offense started hot this year too.

They are not tanking. They didn't even do that in the first year when everyone thought they were.

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Are we ignoring the 60 yard luck shot in the pouring rain? I mean come on people, the calls for McD’s head were more appropriate vs the Broncos flop…not when you lose a shootout in OT to the reigning NFC champs.

I get the frustration, and the pattern it plays to, but there are bigger issues than McD in this game. 

It’s more about the pattern. There is a reason McDermott continues to lose games like this across seasons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just like the dreaded KC ending.  Final series, D can’t get a stop. tying FG.

This time we get the ball in OT. Get a LEAD, and D craps all over themselves and give up the OT TD.  Disgraceful.  Allen leave the field again with a lead. For the umpteenth time as Bills QB and loses.

The O scores 32 and 34 points in consecutive weeks and the team goes 1-1.  disgraceful 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Are we ignoring the 60 yard luck shot in the pouring rain? I mean come on people, the calls for McD’s head were more appropriate vs the Broncos flop…not when you lose a shootout in OT to the reigning NFC champs.

I get the frustration, and the pattern it plays to, but there are bigger issues than McD in this game. 

It was a shootout because McDs D gave up 30 points after the first 30 minutes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

One of Josh's weakness is that he really doesn't read defenses all that well. It gets overlooked by his athletic play, but good DCs know it and it's a repeated problem.

You wouldn't be saying that if Gabe had caught the TD pass in OT.

You mean you didn't love McD saving the Eagles by gifting them and their kicker a TO to compose himself?

Very sporting of him, I thought....

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

And he’s thrown an INT on that same play a bunch of times. Remember Peppers in the NE game saying how he did it? This time, the DB took a half step back to bait Josh to throw to the low guy and then jumped the route. The book is out. 

I deleted my post as I’m not sure if I fully blame Josh for it. There was a feeling of “here we go again” but it was basically with Diggs. Bradberry cut across at the last second. It was a gutwrencher either way.

• Agree 2

Just so many bad losses this season and all have Mcdermott's prints on them.  He has to be fired,  I thought after getting that roughing the passer call at the ball on Philly 26 they should taken 3 pass attempts.  Philly adjusted and running the ball was not there in OT and we wasted first down with a run.

Either way, McDermott needs to go because this team lost yet another game they should have won. If your still supporting McDERMOTT at point then I would love to hear why? please explain to other fans what reason you have to keep McDERMOTT?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just came here to say…

Twice again.. Josh left the field with the lead only to watch the defense piss the game away. 

Is it time for McD to recognize that he needs an actual defensive coordinator?

The Bills will never win anything as long as Roger Goodell is the cigarette smoking man’s doppelgänger.  The league made sure the Bills would not win this game!  The defense did their part to blow it… but the league made sure it would not be a Bills win.  

so… what did we do to perennially piss off the league officials?  And how do we get a real DC in here?  

• Like (+1) 1

I just can't stop thinking my god imagine if we had Milano and dequan and tre! This team is stopping great offenses with backups and backups to backups. Man we were down 2 more tonight in the back end. Sad this season is going to shot but man we do have a solid team just can't catch a break or good officials. Also what is wrong with bass this is 2 games he ***** us 

23 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

It’s time to move on…20 seconds and Josh Allen as your QB and you take a knee. Despite the fact you were a victim of 13 seconds is inexcusable. The fact that we still have a couple of fans still defending McD is just mind boggling.  Stupid timeouts once again. 

Not to mention he wasted two time outs, they could of had 20 seconds and 3 time outs but dumbazz wasted them as usual.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Success said:

Man, I'm so tired of feeling sick.  I'm so tired of the ridicule.

I never felt like I was "soft" as a fan, but this team is beating me down.  All hope, no reward. 

Well if McD is at the helm next year get ready for a rerun. He finds ways to choke when the game is on the line. We need a coach who can finish. We have a coach who can compete, but cannot finish. I pray we don't sacrifice another year of Josh's prime to end up here again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Guaranteed if McDermott gets another season he gets Beanne to use first rounder on defensive side of ball.  How did Elam work out for you and this team has trash for WR'S that run wrong routes and drop balls. The two clowns Beane signed as free agents are bums and have offered nothing,  zero and do nothing but make mistakes

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Allen threw a TD to Davis who ran the wrong way.  All he had to do is run the same route he ran in the playoffs against KC that led to the 13 seconds debacle.  It's not like he hasn't run that before.

Has it been confirmed that Davis ran the wrong route?  Certainly looked like it from his baffled expression on the bench afterwards.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Just came here to say…

Twice again.. Josh left the field with the lead only to watch the defense piss the game away. 

The Bills will never win anything as long as Roger Goodell is the cigarette smoking man’s doppelgänger.  The league made sure the Bills would not win this game!  The defense did their part to blow it… but the league made sure it would not be a Bills win.  

so… what did we do to perennially piss off the league officials?  And how do we get a real DC in here?  

Smallest market in the league?

Just now, Dan said:

Just came here to say…

3 games this year, twice today. They also had two games within one score where our D couldn’t make a stop at the end to give the O another opportunity. 

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Well if McD is at the helm next year get ready for a rerun. He finds ways to choke when the game is on the line. We need a coach who can finish. We have a coach who can compete, but cannot finish. I pray we don't sacrifice another year of Josh's prime to end up here again. 

McDermott has shown us who he is. We should believe him.

This is gonna keep happening.  Why wouldn't it?  What has he done to show us he can come out on the positive side of these games against good teams?

He fails when the game is tight.  It's predictable, and gets worse as the competition gets more fierce.  Which means that we'll likely never make it through the playoffs as long as he's HC.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Crazy fans are pointing the finger at McD.

Hurts and the Eagles have been unbelievably successful at home.

Consider:

1. 2 missed FGs

2. Refs blown/missed calls

3. 59 yarder in rain/highly unlikely kick

4. Down multiple defensive starters/not to mention Dodson who is a borderline backup at best (let's see if he's on a roster next yr)

5. Cook drops an easy TD

6. Hyde/Poyer look way too slow/not making any impactful plays.

Eagles are a GREAT team.  We just went into their house and outcoached them.  Josh played an almost marvelous game, minus the pick.

We don't have the talent of the Eagles, especially on defense (in our injured state) or on the OL/Wr2.

Hard to point the finger at coaching, when multiple things went against us that were not coaching-related/less talent IMO.  20 seconds left, half of coaches in the NFL play it safe, if not more. Risk outweighs reward when we needed at least 35-40 yards and already have a kicker with 2 missed FGs.

Need more speed at safety, upgrade at Wr2, and better depth at LB/1 tech DT.

Against the same schedule as years past, we are probably comfortable in playoff contention.  This just reminds me where we lack talent/need upgrades to be a top tier team.  McD had this defense at a top level, before injuries decimated the group.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Reasons the Bills lost in order:

Bass: missed two FGs

Refs: The Intentional Grounding instead of a Horsecollar tackle took 7 off the board for the Bills

McDermott: Defense owns Eagles in the 1st half.... they adjust in the tune of 24 points in the 2nd half. You play a soft defense and on 3rd and 4 in OT you give the Eagles a cushion and easy First Down. YOU HAVE TO PLAY TO HAVE THEM KICK THE FG. Also taking a to before the EAgles kick the ball to tie it at 31. You keep that 2nd TO and then ask Allen to get you into FG in two plays with 20 seconds left (that's about 35 yards in 19 seconds).

Drops: 7 of them in all

Davis/Allen last throw: It was a walk off TD. Davis runs an Out Route and Allen throws it inside. Should have been a TD. I don't know who messed it up but that was the game.

What about Cook TD drop.  So long ago, bit such a play.

What a game, btw!!! Wow, 

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Not to mention he wasted two time outs, they could of had 20 seconds and 3 time outs but dumbazz wasted them as usual.

ALL of the above and soooo much more in this lost FUBARed Season !

McClapper should get into his Clown Car and ride off in ANY direction, but towards Buffalo!

GTFOH here you pathetic, can’t count down from 13 or up to 12 Buffoon!

• Like (+1) 2

Just think KC had 13 secs and tied the game and we had 20 secs and kneeled on the ball on a game you need. What is McDermmot's record in OT NOW?

Was there risk,  sure and there is risk in OT. MCDERMOTT is a narcissist and that is why he never hired a DC.  He thinks he knows better and the Bills will never win with this guy as HC

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Really curious to know what it wouldve looked like with Brady calling the plays the entire year. Dude called a pretty great game. That last regulation drive was magnificent.

Probably wouldnt matter much since our Defensive Coordinator/HC cant get a stop.

Only silver lining is if these types of losses are opening Pegula's eyes as to what needs to be done in the offseason. 🤞

How good Brady has looked as a playcaller in the last two games is the only compelling reason I can think of to give this coaching staff another shot. The Eagles D is also pretty dang good and the Bills put up 31 in regulation in the pouring rain with the refs screwing them over. 

It's a severe indictment that it took this long to hand over duties from Dorsey

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Romo said in that situation you should always cut to the middle. Take it for what’s it’s worth.

True. Could have been trying something different to fix the defense but I might be grasping at straws.

I should also try and get some sleep. Bloody Bills.

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Has it been confirmed that Davis ran the wrong route?  Certainly looked like it from his baffled expression on the bench afterwards.

Allen thought he ran the wrong route, which usually means he ran the wrong route.

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Crazy fans are pointing the finger at McD.

Hurts and the Eagles have been unbelievably successful at home.

Consider:

1. 2 missed FGs

2. Refs blown/missed calls

3. 59 yarder in rain/highly unlikely kick

4. Down multiple defensive starters/not to mention Dodson who is a borderline backup at best (let's see if he's on a roster next yr)

5. Cook drops an easy TD

6. Hyde/Poyer look way too slow/not making any impactful plays.

Eagles are a GREAT team.  We just went into their house and outcoached them.  Josh played an almost marvelous game, minus the pick.

We don't have the talent of the Eagles, especially on defense (in our injured state) or on the OL/Wr2.

Hard to point the finger at coaching, when multiple things went against us that were not coaching-related/less talent IMO.  20 seconds left, half of coaches in the NFL play it safe, if not more. Risk outweighs reward when we needed at least 35-40 yards and already have a kicker with 2 missed FGs.

Need more speed at safety, upgrade at Wr2, and better depth at LB/1 tech DT.

Against the same schedule as years past, we are probably comfortable in playoff contention.  This just reminds me where we lack talent/need upgrades to be a top tier team.  McD had this defense at a top level, before injuries decimated the group.

Dude, C'mon.  

McDermott loses every game like this.  The Eagles aren't as good as they're record, and we dominated much of that game..

We FOUND A WAY TO LOSE.  That's all there is to it. What games like this one has McD won?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

McDermott was the right coach in 2017, he's clearly not at this juncture. He's had many chances to prove he's not a Schottenheimer/Knox clone.

The Refs and Rules in this league are trash, have been for a long time and only get worse.

Bass let us down bigly.

It would be nice to not give up a 30 spot in the second half of a game you're leading by 10 points and your offense puts up 17 in the second half.

How can some franchises be so goddamn unlucky- a 60 yard FG in the rain-come on man

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.