Week 12: Buffalo Bills vs Philadelphia Eagles

BuffaloBillyG

12 hours ago, SCBills said:

Im one of them.   Hate this team against the Bengals, and specifically Joe Burrow with those WR’s & Lou Anarumo. 

Jalen Hurts is not Joe Burrow and they don’t have Anarumo, who’s proven he can confuse us and out-coach (Dorsey). 

The reason, imo, that Burrow has success against Allen & Mahomes is that he has the best DC to go up against elite QB’s in the NFL and he’s willing to do, all game, what Allen & Mahomes have to forced, against their will, to do… take what’s there. 

Philly is not Cinci and I have reason for optimism based on how we looked against the Jets with Brady .. along with Joseph/Douglas looking like they “may” make a difference in getting our defense back to a level that we can somewhat count on. 

Lou is a stud DC for sure.  One of the best.  

I’ll take Spags over him.  He’s a massive part of their 2 Super Bowl rings

OT:

@newcam2012 I see this thread littered with your disagree droppings but I haven’t read your opinion on the matter.  Are you in TO?

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

The Chief’s drives against the formidable Eagles defense.

Drive #1:    5 plays, Start at KC 25,  -5 yards, PUNT

Drove #2:  12 plays. Start at KC 20, 75 Yards, TD

Drive #3 :   5 plays, Start at KC 25,  3 yards gained,  PUNT

Drive #4:   9 plays, Start at KC 30, 56 yards gained, INT

Drive #5:   9 plays, Start at PHI 45, 40 yards,  TD

Drive #6:   8 plays, Start at PHI 46, 21 yards,  FG

Drive #7:   6 plays, Start at KC 21,  32 yards, PUNT

Drive #8:   5 plays, Start at KC 29,  8 yards, PUNT

Drive #9:   16 plays, Start at KC 25, 54 yards, FUM

Drive #10:    7 plays, Start at KC 37, 24 yards, PUNT

Drive #11:    6 plays, Start at KC 25, 3 yards,  PUNT

Drive #12:  9 plays, Start at KC 9, 25 yards,  Turnover on Downs

The Chiefs had good field position for most part of the day but couldn’t really move the ball.  It resulted in 6 PUNTs, 2 CDs, 1FG and an INT along with a Turnover on Downs.   The Eagles defense shut down the high powered Chiefs offense. 

The one thing I observe is that the Chiefs had a total of 12 possession, something very unusual.  It indicates that the Eagles offense also was not that great.  If the Bills can take advantage of an average PHI Offense, may be they can fend off the Eagles Defense with our own good offense.  It will be phenomenal if this team will be able to pull off an upset on Sunday evening.  Go Bills !!!

High powered?  That has not been my observation. They are 16th in total TDs scored this season.  

The line only being Philly -3.5 is a ton of respect for us. 

How many bills fans are going to that pit of hell? I have a couple from my tailgate but they are sitting in the suites like cowards haha.  The Eagles game a few years ago in OP was the first time I felt like an opponent overpowered us at home. They were loud and obnoxious. Love to us return the favor.

10 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I’m more focused on stopping Swift. If they cannot run, then I am fine with making Hurts enter a throwing competition with Allen.

I guess. I feel like their receivers against our cbs is an awful matchup.  They are the guys you can contain for a bunch of the gsme and then they hit a monster play against us. 

Dallas being out is a huge break. Kinda evens out the Milano part.

Some things about this favor the Bills. As many mentioned already, short week for the eagles coming off a huge emotional win. Just as big in my opinion is the fact that they play the best team in the league (49ers) the week after us, so we might be catching them at a good time. That game with the 49ers is going to be for the 1 seed so Philly needs that more than any other game this year. They know it’s coming so hopefully they look ahead some to it. Bad news is we’ve been awful on the road this year. 

If we can block the eagles d line enough to give josh a chance, the eagles LBs and secondary are subpar and we absolutely can move the ball. Their corners and safeties get roasted on a weekly basis. On the other side of the ball, they’re so physical they’ll be able to run at will on us but to me it’s all about not giving up the big play to brown and smith. Hurts has been sketchy as a pocket passer all year. Keep them in 3rd and 4-7 all game and you have a chance. If we put up points, we can get them out of their run game and force hurts to beat us. That’s the path to winning. 

13 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Some things about this favor the Bills. As many mentioned already, short week for the eagles coming off a huge emotional win. Just as big in my opinion is the fact that they play the best team in the league (49ers) the week after us, so we might be catching them at a good time. That game with the 49ers is going to be for the 1 seed so Philly needs that more than any other game this year. They know it’s coming so hopefully they look ahead some to it. Bad news is we’ve been awful on the road this year. 

If we can block the eagles d line enough to give josh a chance, the eagles LBs and secondary are subpar and we absolutely can move the ball. Their corners and safeties get roasted on a weekly basis. On the other side of the ball, they’re so physical they’ll be able to run at will on us but to me it’s all about not giving up the big play to brown and smith. Hurts has been sketchy as a pocket passer all year. Keep them in 3rd and 4-7 all game and you have a chance. If we put up points, we can get them out of their run game and force hurts to beat us. That’s the path to winning. 

I was listening to a pod about the team that has the best win the week before struggles in their next game. For the Eagles, this game is far less important (afc, division is in hand) than for us. 

this game has always been my dream bills SB (a bunch of eagle fan friends). No result would shock me. I’m excited for the bills we wxp cut to see this season show up like they did for Miami.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

And they play SF the following week.

And we get them without Goedert. 

42 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

We assume they will be able to run at will on us, but with Linval Joseph in the mix, more Shaq Lawson (now that we’ve pulled back on Von) and the way Tyrel Dodson has been playing .. are we sure that will be the case?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The Bills will have a window right from the kickoff to do some damage.  I feel like Philly won't be sharp right off the bat and Buffalo will be super motivated.  The Bills must enter halftime with a lead.  The Eagles have been a solid 2nd half club, I expect them to wake up and make plays in the second half.  This will be a nerve wracking ending..  I feel like the Bills will have a lead but like the NE and Denver games, can they close the door or will they blow it late?

That's my 2-cents on how this game will go..

12 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I’m more focused on stopping Swift. If they cannot run, then I am fine with making Hurts enter a throwing competition with Allen.

Amazingly, our run D seems to be getting back to its high level, even without Jones and Milano. 

That said, I think what puts teams in binds against the eagles is they have a very clever run and RPO game. Going to be a test for our linebackers.

5 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Can’t stand Siriani. Dude is a complete and total delta bravo. Arrogant toolbag. Punchable face. I love to watch them lose. I rooted for them last week against the Chiefs for obvious reasons but was immediately off them when the clock hit zero. 

Problem is they don't lose much, Eagles are 25-5 the last 2 years including the playoffs.

This is why it's going to be a true herculean effort to pull off the upset on Sunday.

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Problem is they don't lose much, Eagles are 25-5 the last 2 years including the playoffs.

This is why it's going to be a true herculean effort to pull off the upset on Sunday.

I agree it won’t be easy, but we aren’t some schlub team either. From a talent perspective anyway. Bills record isn’t great and their backs are against the wall. They know it. I expect a solid effort. Not saying they’ll win, but I’m not in the requiring a Herculean effort camp either. Just play our game and do it well. And don’t turn the dang ball over to them. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

And we get them without Goedert. 

We assume they will be able to run at will on us, but with Linval Joseph in the mix, more Shaq Lawson (now that we’ve pulled back on Von) and the way Tyrel Dodson has been playing .. are we sure that will be the case?

Who is "we"? I don't watch with that assumption at all. False narrative.

The 2023 NFL schedule has undergone two changes for Week 13, the league announced on Tuesday.

The Denver Broncos at Houston Texans game in Week 13 on Sunday, Dec. 3, previously scheduled for 4:05pm ET on CBS, has been flexed and will now kickoff at 1:00pm ET. The television broadcast for the Broncos-Texans contest remains on CBS.

As a result of that change, the Week 13 Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers contest has been flexed from its 1:00pm ET spot and will now kickoff at 4:05pm ET. The Panthers-Buccaneers contest also remains on CBS.

No other Week 13 games were affected by the changes, per the league announcement.

I have a strangely good feeling about this. Eagles are due to be flat. If Brady calls a game like last time, I feel like we can score 30 easy. His sense of flow was that much better.

There's one big caveat in my mind: we have to be up two or three scores by late in the fourth. 

I have no faith than McD can beat Siriani in a strategic endgame. (Or Reid, Harbaugh, Shanahan, etc.) 

If we want to win a Super Bowl with him, it's probably gonna take a string of 10+ point victories.

Edited by Ray Stonada
  • Agree 2

Someone mentioned how the upcoming bye week might also benefit the Bills - One usually thinks about the benefit of a bye for the following week (extra rest, more time for injuries to improve, retool as necessary, etc.) but maybe there's also a psychological benefit on the front end as well:  Play extra hard/aggressive knowing you have more time to heal; a bit more incentive to win so don't have "bad taste in your mouth" for an extra week?  Perhaps a stretch but hopefully it's another modest factor in our favor.  Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Eagles defense has not been good against opposing TEs so that very well may happen.

They seemed to do a pretty good job against Kelce, who's no slouch.  But I'm thinking that was because he normally is so much of the Chiefs game plan that they doubled him a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Someone mentioned how the upcoming bye week might also benefit the Bills - One usually thinks about the benefit of a bye for the following week (extra rest, more time for injuries to improve, retool as necessary, etc.) but maybe there's also a psychological benefit on the front end as well:  Play extra hard/aggressive knowing you have more time to heal; a bit more incentive to win so don't have "bad taste in your mouth" for an extra week?  Perhaps a stretch but hopefully it's another modest factor in our favor.  Go Bills!

I think the Bills will put it all on the field regardless of bye week.  They know they are up against the wall with not much room for error if they want to make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

They seemed to do a pretty good job against Kelce, who's no slouch.  But I'm thinking that was because he normally is so much of the Chiefs game plan that they doubled him a lot. 

I think the fact they practically played in a monsoon for a lot of that game didn’t hurt either 

Bills need to consult w some rugby guys about that Eagles play to get one yard or so.  the Eagles play is very Rugby like, and there must be ways to stop it.  I notice the eagles linemen have their pads almost on the ground.  I wonder if they are crossing legs after the snap like the Rugby guys do.  (linemen are called hookers btw because of that)  Anyhow, I am surprised nobody in the NFL has figured out how to stop that Eagles play so far.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Georgia Bill said:

Bad weather plus they double teamed Kelce a lot given that there is literally no other receiver threat on the team they can do a lot of that stuff. Thanks to Diggs the Eagles cannot do that same game plan.

33 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

He has become rote after a few years in the booth.  Not as good as he was when he fresh off the playing seasons.

Which sucks cuz he was awesome at first and then the networks told him to water it down and talk less X’s & O’s, making him boring. 

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Bills need to consult w some rugby guys about that Eagles play to get one yard or so.  the Eagles play is very Rugby like, and there must be ways to stop it.  I notice the eagles linemen have their pads almost on the ground.  I wonder if they are crossing legs after the snap like the Rugby guys do.  (linemen are called hookers btw because of that)  Anyhow, I am surprised nobody in the NFL has figured out how to stop that Eagles play so far.

I don't know the Eagles overall statistics on that push play but they've been successful every time I've seen it.  Bottom line is it does make it tougher on defenses, because any down (including 4th) with a yard to go gets converted to a 1st.  So really all they need is 9 yards in 3 downs and they're good to go.  Like you I've been hoping someone could figure out a way to stop it - at least some of the time.  I suspect they may ban it in the off-season, but we'll be dealing with it next Sunday.

7 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I don't know the Eagles overall statistics on that push play but they've been successful every time I've seen it.  Bottom line is it does make it tougher on defenses, because any down (including 4th) with a yard to go gets converted to a 1st.  So really all they need is 9 yards in 3 downs and they're good to go.  Like you I've been hoping someone could figure out a way to stop it - at least some of the time.  I suspect they may ban it in the off-season, but we'll be dealing with it next Sunday.

I think Buck mentioned on the broadcast Monday that it’s only been unsuccessful twice since the beginning of last season.

Bills have 2 DBs on IR, 2 were limited in practice, and 3 didn't practice at all today.  I think that officially hits the "decimated" threshold.  If the D-line doesn't play lights out, I would expect the Eagles to put up a lot of points.

The question is can the new, "more fun" offense keep up if it needs to, and hope for some breaks or turnovers.

Turnovers and unforced errors by our side might be too much to overcome.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.