Jets @ Bills Game Thread - 1st half

Simon

Just now, sven233 said:

It didn't end well, but for a majority of the half, there were several positive signs.  A ways to go, but you can't expect too much in 5 days of work.  Put another half of football out there that looks semi competent and we'll see what happens.  Not terrible overall, though.

Yes there were and in one brutally incompetent coaching decision from McD and his staff and this game is one TO away from turning into a disaster.  McD is good for this crap at least once in most games.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Looking like a lot of other games that don’t seem to go there way..

Although dominated statistically … the other team does just enough to hang in there … ball bounces the wrong way a couple of times for the Bills in the 2nd half  … pressure ratchets up … 

Yup. That’s the recipe for a loss.  The Bills tighten up when things get close. Kinda reminds me of game 1 vs Jets,  but if Bills can’t close this out we can officially call it a season 

49 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

That Google Pixel 8 commercial is disturbing, the mom edits the guy throwing his kid to make it look 15 feet in the air, that shot is going straight to CPS when she decides to divorce him.

Maybe but it is not gonna hold up as it will be easily tagged as an edited picture so it will have no validity.  Probably easy to retrieve the actual original photo as well.

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

Yeah I don't care about the play call. I care that Josh underthrew the end zone by 10 yards when it was only 50 yards away. And I say "only 50 yards" because Josh can throw it much farther than that. The DB only had to beat a bunch of offensive linemen for a TD the other direction because of that throw.

are u not paying attention to the game.  they have talked extensively about the difficulty in throwing and kicking going in that direction.

do u think allen can't throw the ball 50+ yards?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Bills turned a sure 2 minute kneel down into a converted punt fake, that led to two horrific injuries, a TD and an interception. Wow. 

That fake punt didn't change the game much, but it made a hell of a mess downstream. :doh:

• Agree 1

Just now, JohninMinn. said:

I think I'll go fold some socks instead of watching the second half. Good luck fellas. I'm too old for this.

Keep one sock for when the game is done… You might feel younger and extra happy with the outcome! 

Godspeed!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Weird throw, did his arm get hit or maybe it slipped? terrible hail mary.

Wow he rolled to the left under pressure and while almost getting sacked threw it against the wind… great hustle by Josh.. a very difficult throw vs sitting in pocket and stepping into the throw. 

6 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

The Jets D is legit, I don’t hate the score.

The situational decision making, discipline and fundamentals continue to be hot trash tho. Tough to see us playing a good team like this and winning. 

I fully expect the Eagles to absolutely DESTROY us next week.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yup. That’s the recipe for a loss.  The Bills tighten up when things get close. Kinda reminds me of game 1 vs Jets,  but if Bills can’t close this out we can officially call it a season 

Yeah .. a win is a better than a loss obviously… but there are issues still… most notably the injuries on D … how long can they hang on… particularly against a good QB …

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Scheme still broken

Scored on 4 out of 6 drives.  Sure, you'd like to see at least one more of those drives end with a TD instead of a FG, but I'll take scoring 4 out of 6 times all day.  We moved the ball well until the redzone.  It's hard to fix everything in 5 days.

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

Hard to create a whole new offense in 6 days. Against this D, I think we can say Joe Brady’s done ok so far all considering the circumstances. 

more screens, more motion, the little underneath handoff… and 16 first half points against our kryptonite

ill take it.  

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

How many times have you seen that happen lol there was one years ago where josh Johnson was on the 10 and threw it to the 50 and it got returned for a td but that’s all I can remember. 

could also have an injury there trying to stop the INT....to many just so many things to say not do that play......they already talked how bad the wind was into that EZ so it being short was definately a thing and then the int is like a line drive punt return with mainly o line to beat

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Diggs dropping the ball, has davis been targeted

has diggs caught a ball since his brother decided to go after Josh Allen on twitter?  seems he had a late drop last week and two drops today.

Maybe Allen will yell and scream on the sideline if he drops another one.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I expect the bounces will go the Bills way in the 2nd half. 

4 minutes ago, sven233 said:

It didn't end well, but for a majority of the half, there were several positive signs.  A ways to go, but you can't expect too much in 5 days of work.  Put another half of football out there that looks semi competent and we'll see what happens.  Not terrible overall, though.

This is the best they’ve looked against the jets on offense since early 2021 lol. How quickly people forget 

16 minutes ago, Preds said:

This ONE?  Seriously?  A helluva lot more than one of our losses is on coaching.  I still contend we are one of the worst coached and most undisciplined teams in the league, and have been since 2021.

Well, I was referring to that last drive by the Jets, and last I looked, we haven't lost this game yet.

But to your point, yes.  Coaching and discipline go hand in hand.

1 minute ago, Success said:

Sure.  Because games always go according to the exact same script.

Letting the Jets hang around IS THE SAME EXACT #@!#!@ SCRIPT.

You really are accepting THIS level of play on offense!!?! UNBELIEVABLE.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.