There's only one thing that can save this season now...

BillsPride12

problem is that Bills team needed a 7 game streak.   What was crazy about the streak, is that it came out of nowhere and all 6 wins were blow out victories.   After 4 1/2 years of below average football they won those 6 games by an average of 28, and didn't score less than 33 in that stretch. 

There was some real talent on that team.   Moulds, Lee Evans, Josh Reed was a good 3 receiver set, Jason Peters at tackle, and McGahee & T.Henry in the backfield.  Front 7 on D w Sam Adams, Pat Williams, Aarron Schobel, Takeo Spikes, and London Fletcher was damn good.  

The last second opening day loss to the Jags & finale against the Steelers back-ups were brutal.  And both were at home too.   Only time they were anywhere near the playoffs that decade.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

problem is that Bills team needed a 7 game streak.   What was crazy about the streak, is that it came out of nowhere and all 6 wins were blow out victories.   After 4 1/2 years of below average football they won those 6 games by an average of 28, and didn't score less than 33 in that stretch. 

There was some real talent on that team.   Moulds, Lee Evans, Josh Reed was a good 3 receiver set, Jason Peters at tackle, and McGahee & T.Henry in the backfield.  Front 7 on D w Sam Adams, Pat Williams, Aarron Schobel, Takeo Spikes, and London Fletcher was damn good.  

The last second opening day loss to the Jags & finale against the Steelers back-ups were brutal.  And both were at home too.   Only time they were anywhere near the playoffs that decade.

That was my favorite team during the drought years..yeah I know not saying much...but for a little while there was a little glimmer of hope.  We had a pretty awesome Defense for that time just missing the true beast Pass Rusher(with all due respect to Schobel).  The cheeseburger thing was so funny and random, kinda just popped into my head today hence the post.  Truth is we beat up on a lot of bad teams during that 6 game winning streak but so what it was a lot of fun at the time lol.  I was at both the Jags opening day and Steelers season finale losses...just brutal.  One of the more interesting seasons in Bills history in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

Oh to  have Sam Adams and Pat Williams in the middle of our d-line!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

How about the fake Bledsoe sneak

and pitch back to McGahee in that Seattle game (which was the cheeseburger game)?! 

it’s at about 35 seconds in this video:

Crazy to think Bledsoe threw 3 INTs in that game and yet we still blew them out.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

and pitch back to McGahee in that Seattle game (which was the cheeseburger game)?! 

Great play from that year. Also stunning that we haven’t seen it more often. It’s a great play design. Even more so with the sneaks nowadays.

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

Great play from that year. Also stunning that we haven’t seen it more often. It’s a great play design. Even more so with the sneaks nowadays.

It's been tried and Daboll killed any hope that it will be tried again.  Go to 7:55.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

We need a miraculous late season 6 game winning streak and there's only one man for this job....The real ones know

image.png.9d557d0dc6cf45487f55749b75db15ba.png

f46bb252ec5478ac94e87979048f530b.webp

With the distinct possibility that Miami will be in a position to rest starters in the final week of the season, I'd definitely stay away from this analogy.

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

There was more than one cheeseburger game!

8 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

That was my favorite team during the drought years..yeah I know not saying much...but for a little while there was a little glimmer of hope.  We had a pretty awesome Defense for that time just missing the true beast Pass Rusher(with all due respect to Schobel).  The cheeseburger thing was so funny and random, kinda just popped into my head today hence the post.  Truth is we beat up on a lot of bad teams during that 6 game winning streak but so what it was a lot of fun at the time lol.  I was at both the Jags opening day and Steelers season finale losses...just brutal.  One of the more interesting seasons in Bills history in my opinion.

That was the year I started on the buffalobills.com message board. And literally destroyed my teenage bedroom when we lost to the Steelers

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

With the distinct possibility that Miami will be in a position to rest starters in the final week of the season, I'd definitely stay away from this analogy.

There was more than one cheeseburger game!

That was the year I started on the buffalobills.com message board. And literally destroyed my teenage bedroom when we lost to the Steelers

That really was a heartbreaking loss.  After the 6 game winning streak and the way things were falling into place, Bills fans were really starting to Billieve the drought was coming to an end.  I remember the atmosphere at the stadium was pretty wild that day but there were soooo many Steelers fans there.  Gut punching loss but I got a nice taste of revenge going to Pittsburgh in 2019 when we beat them to clinch a playoff spot and pretty much knock them out and so many Bills fans traveled there that day.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The Steeler loss at the end of that season was another Billsy loss. They were on a roll  at the end of that season and played against a team of 2nd and 3rd stringers and somehow managed to screw up their chance! At home no less! Mularkey era was better in parts in retrospect than the Williams, Jauron or Chan tenures but still an embarrassing end.

• Thank you (+1) 1

So hear me out… Jauron would get 7 wins out of Trent/ JO, A train, Kelsey, Melvin Fowler, and Robert Royal. Imagine what he could do with this team!

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

The Steeler loss at the end of that season was another Billsy loss. They were on a roll  at the end of that season and played against a team of 2nd and 3rd stringers and somehow managed to screw up their chance! At home no less! Mularkey era was better in parts in retrospect than the Williams, Jauron or Chan tenures but still an embarrassing end.

I would argue that Jauron got the most out of his talent. Marrone has a top 3 defense and some legit talent. 

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's been tried and Daboll killed any hope that it will be tried again.  Go to 7:55.

Watching that game recap in full is a sobering reminder this Bills offense today doesn't look much different than it did on that day.  What's happening this year isn't really a fluke, rather, it's an exacerbation of the reality that this offense can suck at times.

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So hear me out… Jauron would get 7 wins out of Trent/ JO, A train, Kelsey, Melvin Fowler, and Robert Royal. Imagine what he could do with this team!

I would argue that Jauron got the most out of his talent. Marrone has a top 3 defense and some legit talent. 

Jauron I can never compliment or be positive about. There was just too many soul destroying losses under his tenure. The angriest I have ever felt being a Bills fan was the 56-10 Pats loss under Jauron where the Pats just humiliated the Bills and he stood there on the sideline, deer in the headlights frozen. Marrone era actually had some memorable games and also gave us a shot at the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Jauron I can never compliment or be positive about. There was just too many soul destroying losses under his tenure. The angriest I have ever felt being a Bills fan was the 56-10 Pats loss under Jauron where the Pats just humiliated the Bills and he stood there on the sideline, deer in the headlights frozen. Marrone era actually had some memorable games and also gave us a shot at the playoffs.

Agree, those Jauron teams were really hard to watch.   Other than Greg Williams teams, Jauron's Bills were the most hopeless of the drrought era. 

Besides the blow-out loss to NE, the 07' season featured some other truly horrific losses.   Just like last Monday night, the Broncos Field Goal team ran on the field 4th down w/ no TO's and kicked GW FG as time expired in the opener.   It was also the game K. Everett was paralyzed.     The sickening MNF loss to the Cowboys where the Bills allowed 2 scores in the last 20 seconds to lose by 1 point after our D forced 6 TOs.   And all 3 of those games were at the Ralph.  It's amazing there were any STHs left the next season.   

To cap it off the Bills lost in Cleveland to the Browns 8 - 0 in the snow.  Good times.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It would help if Von Miller could play up to even a fraction of what he is being paid.  Two starter caliber players could have been had with the money he is getting.  One tackle so far, and I don't expect anything from him going forward.  He is out there for the exercise in my view.

3 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

Agree, those Jauron teams were really hard to watch.   Other than Greg Williams teams, Jauron's Bills were the most hopeless of the drrought era. 

Besides the blow-out loss to NE, the 07' season featured some other truly horrific losses.   Just like last Monday night, the Broncos Field Goal team ran on the field 4th down w/ no TO's and kicked GW FG as time expired in the opener.   It was also the game K. Everett was paralyzed.     The sickening MNF loss to the Cowboys where the Bills allowed 2 scores in the last 20 seconds to lose by 1 point after our D forced 6 TOs.   And all 3 of those games were at the Ralph.  It's amazing there were any STHs left the next season.   

To cap it off the Bills lost in Cleveland to the Browns 8 - 0 in the snow.  Good times.

Wow the drought was such a blur and it's not something I try to reflect back on too often I had forgotten that Broncos game, Cowboys game, the NE beatdown and the 8-0 disaster in Cleveland were all in the same season.  Throw in that Giants game in the freezing rain at the end of the year too.  2004 was my favorite drought year but 07 might be the worst one of them. 

3 hours ago, chongli said:

The solution is simple:

It's not that he doesn't have designed runs. They aren't getting the cheap yards from scrambling either.

3 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

It would help if Von Miller could play up to even a fraction of what he is being paid.  Two starter caliber players could have been had with the money he is getting.  One tackle so far, and I don't expect anything from him going forward.  He is out there for the exercise in my view.

He's currently Aaron Maybin.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.