TNF: Bengals vs Ravens - Who are we rooting for?

Einstein

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Another positive stat for Lamar = not valid 

I salute your ability to be nonsensical in a game where Lamar helped stomp a team that just stomped us and the 49ers. 

Let's see what Ravens do against 49ers themselves. And not sure the Bengals same team without Burrow.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Just like us with Allen, as long as they have Burrow they will have a chance.

Maybe.

This is gotta be the weirdest year of football I have seen in a while. The Bills have been great the past few years and are 5-5 right now. The Bengals were in the Championship game the last 2 years and they are 5-5. Meanwhile, the Colts, Texans, Steelers, Browns and Raiders are all 5-5 or better. It's weird

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Without his security blanket Andrews, Lamar has been forced to use his WR's more. Look at the results. What a concept, eh? 

One game doesn't make a career.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

This is gotta be the weirdest year of football I have seen in a while. The Bills have been great the past few years and are 5-5 right now. The Bengals were in the Championship game the last 2 years and they are 5-5. Meanwhile, the Colts, Texans, Browns and Raiders are all 5-5 or better. It's weird

Injuries hurt.

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

This is gotta be the weirdest year of football I have seen in a while. The Bills have been great the past few years and are 5-5 right now. The Bengals were in the Championship game the last 2 years and they are 5-5. Meanwhile, the Colts, Texans, Browns and Raiders are all 5-5 or better. It's weird

Not to mention the plethora of season ending injuries to star players. And the beyond the avg bad officiating. Def a ***** up year all around. Looks like another Eagles/Chiefs superbowl as of right now. 

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Let's see what Ravens do against 49ers themselves. And not sure the Bengals same team without Burrow.

Maybe.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/lamar-jackson-record-against-nfc/#

he’s 17-1 against the nfc. I thought this was the biggest waste of time ever but I’m going to bed knowing I’m at least a lot smarter than one person. Thank you! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/lamar-jackson-record-against-nfc/#

he’s 17-1 against the nfc. I thought this was the biggest waste of time ever but I’m going to bed knowing I’m at least a lot smarter than one person. Thank you! 

Too bad he can't get passed the AFC teams in the playoffs otherwise he'd be great in Super Bowls!!!

Did Al Michael's just say the Bengals have lost their last 24 out of 25 prime time games?? That would mean their only win was against Buffalo a few weeks ago. That makes me even sicker than I already was about the Bills. 

Edit: The Bengals are 1-24 in their last 25 prime time road games. Phew.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

Can't be right they beat the rams earlier this year in primetime and the bills the other week

Read the post above his. I corrected what I heard also. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Nice game from OBJ

And when Andrews went down,  I ran to my fantasy league and put in a claim for him. Now he's injured and prolly done for a bit. Unreal.

• Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

There should be 2 bye weeks and Thursday nights should be post bye weeks.  Quality of games would drastically increase. 

Thursday night games have been fine the last few years. I feel like people are just not past the fact that Thursday night games used to suck when they first started. I think some of the matchups have still sucked like Panthers and Bears last week, but the quality has been much better

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

His 118 qb rating against the bengals sucks!!! 

It’s just hilarious you keep comparing them. This is wild but both guys could be good. 

but honest question, would rather have the Bills be 8-3 and Allen have Lamar’s stats (and his terrible 3rd best mvp odds) or what we have right now? You seem awfully hung up on numbers. 

Lamar gets a lot of hate because he has never shown up for a playoff game…he could certainly change the narrative this year.  As it stands I can’t really think of a more extreme example of playoff vs regular season performance mismatch 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Everyone is saying wrist injury. You think UCL? What makes you think so (sorry not being an #######, honestly curious since I didn’t see any of the first half) 

total guess based how he Twice seemed in pain near the top of the release in throwing motion and remembering similarities… this article summarizes why this speculation based on similarities. But hope that it’s just a wrist for his sake.  

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/bengals-joe-burrow-brock-purdy-injury/624143

where are the bengals window is closed talks this morning?  There quarterback is always hurt, they have to pay their top wr, they are losing their second wr and their defensive coordinator.  They have injuries to older players on defense.  They are 5-5....Seems to me there window is closed based on the nonsense I have read about buffalo all season.  

Joe Burrow is unreliable because he is always nursing an injury or is missing games.   that would be the narrative apparently if he played in buffalo.

anyway...just saying.

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

where are the bengals window is closed talks this morning?  There quarterback is always hurt, they have to pay their top wr, they are losing their second wr and their defensive coordinator.  They have injuries to older players on defense.  They are 5-5....Seems to me there window is closed based on the nonsense I have read about buffalo all season.  

Joe Burrow is unreliable because he is always nursing an injury or is missing games.   that would be the narrative apparently if he played in buffalo.

anyway...just saying.

They have a fair amount of cap space.  Reader, Higgins, Awuzie, Williams, Boyd is the bulk of their UFA losses - chase cap hit stays the same in 2023 extension or not.  They have space enough to bring them all back if they want - but i suspect they'll move on from higgins.  Williams wants to play left tackle so he's probably out.  Boyd's a 30 year old slot WR but i could see him returning.  Reader will have suitors but i think they can persuade him to return.  

They're probably a year away from any cap issues, but do you pay higgins knowing you're going to have to pay chase?  Higgins is only 24, and is going to want a pretty hefty payday, and chase is a top 5 WR who will want to reset the market.  You have your QB, i don't know if it makes sense to have 2 highly paid WRs.  The bengals defensive line is all approaching 30 and all play the majority of snaps (all their contracts come up very soon as well) - can't hurt to continue to add some talent to that room.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

anyway...just saying.

I have been saying that for awhile lol they were one of the most overhyped teams I’ve ever seen this year…people were giving an obviously flawed team the benefit of the doubt because they started slow and turned it around the previous year.  Before you even get to burrow injury concerns they are in about as much trouble as us or more 

their offensive coaching is just as bad as ours they have just been able to band aid it by getting an extra early pick due to them bottoming out when burrow got hurt a few years ago 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Right now the Ravens are on pace to get the #1 seed.  30+ in Cincinnati and we can't do crap against them

I have no idea what is gonna happen in the afc…ravens had a few impactful injuries last night.  Browns lost deshaun for the year, bengals,bills,chargers are wallowing in mediocrity.  

texans maybe are good?  Really anything can happen this has been a very strange year.

All those afc north teams play eachother a bunch of times still so one of them is probably gonna get knocked out in addition to the bengals.  Jaguars play like every playoff hopeful, they could fall off and the Texans could win the division 

I’d still bet on the chiefs for the 1 seed 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I have no idea what is gonna happen in the afc…ravens had a few impactful injuries last night.  Browns lost deshaun for the year, bengals,bills,chargers are wallowing in mediocrity.  

texans maybe are good?  Really anything can happen this has been a very strange year.

All those afc north teams play eachother a bunch of times still so one of them is probably gonna get knocked out in addition to the bengals.  Jaguars play like every playoff hopeful, they could fall off and the Texans could win the division 

Probably not gonna pay out much but i would say this is the likely story.  

19 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

For the Bengals.  On Sunday for the Jets.  A higher draft pick is better than meaningless regular season wins.  

This is exactly what I'd expect to hear from a punt catcher. 

33 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I agree, this year is really off compared to the norm

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Game was in Baltimore. 

Ravens or Chiefs should get the one seed. Chiefs probably still have the easier road to the 1 seed. 

Quite possible

10 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lamar gets a lot of hate because he has never shown up for a playoff game…he could certainly change the narrative this year.  As it stands I can’t really think of a more extreme example of playoff vs regular season performance mismatch 

He choked away the game against the Browns and if Burrow doesn’t get hurt he loses last night as well.  Jackson just seems to play just well enough to lose against good to great teams. 

• Disagree 1

Going to be real frustrating if Burrow misses time, Bengals miss the playoffs, they simply replace Higgins with someone like Keon Coleman given their high draft pick while we use ours on a Safety …. And we don’t make the playoffs either to take advantage of not having to face Burrow in January. 

AFC is such a mess right now, and we really need to get it together. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.