TNF: Bengals vs Ravens - Who are we rooting for?

Einstein

If you're on team: What's best for the Bills playoff odds-Ravens.

If you're wanting the wheels to fall off because you're a sad miserable little t-waffle that likes it better when the Bills suck because it makes your little insecurities feel better and helps your erectile dysfunction -Bengals

Pretty clear.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Ravens. And then you root for the Bengals and Steelers to split and for the Browns to lose all their remaining games except for their game in Cincinnati. Let the AFC North beat up in itself.

I think we can root for the Browns to beat the Steelers this week. And then hope they lose out.

• Agree 1

Ravens as they are 7-3 and Bengals are 5-4.  Ravens are the better team right now and better chance to win division, so we want them to beat everyone in the division.

The next 2 games are big for the Bills.  If you win both and are 7-5 going into the bye, confidence is much higher and playoff position is better.  We would probably need to go 3-2 or better after the bye, which isn't a terrible spot.

However, say we beat the Jets but lose to the Eagles and are 6-6, we're just treading water and have to go probably 4-1 or 5-0 in the last 5, so very little margin for error.  I think the Bills beat the Jets Sunday.  The Eagles game is going to be the game that could swing the season one way or the other.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Ravens obviously. 

Still think Bills and Dolphins both finish 10-7 and Bills win the AFCE. 

But need a backup plan. Ravens blowing that lead last week was pretty brutal. 

They are not quite as bad...but it was kind of billsy of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BufBills83 said:

Ravens as they are 7-3 and Bengals are 5-4.  Ravens are the better team right now and better chance to win division, so we want them to beat everyone in the division.

The next 2 games are big for the Bills.  If you win both and are 7-5 going into the bye, confidence is much higher and playoff position is better.  We would probably need to go 3-2 or better after the bye, which isn't a terrible spot.

However, say we beat the Jets but lose to the Eagles and are 6-6, we're just treading water and have to go probably 4-1 or 5-0 in the last 5, so very little margin for error.  I think the Bills beat the Jets Sunday.  The Eagles game is going to be the game that could swing the season one way or the other.

Assuming we could lose one more game the Eagles game is probably the one to lose. I hope they win of course but it's on the road against an NFC team. Dallas, we have to win simply because we can't afford another home loss. IMHO. Beating the Jets, Chiefs, Pats, and Dolphins is what we need being division/conference foes.

Ravens. Why is this even a question? A loss knocks the Bengals down to 5-5 with a 1-5 conference record. Yes, they have the head to head against us but any loss the Bengals can get helps, considering I think the Ravens are the team most likely to win the division anyway. We are currently 10th in the AFC right now. We can actually very brifely move up to 8th with a win, a Raiders loss and a Bengals loss

22 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

We just want division leaders to take over and crush all their contenders. Bills are long shots for Wild Card, but it can’t hurt. 

The odds aren't great but they aren't long shots. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Ravens. Why is this even a question? A loss knocks the Bengals down to 5-5 with a 1-5 conference record. Yes, they have the head to head against us but any loss the Bengals can get helps, considering I think the Ravens are the team most likely to win the division anyway. We are currently 10th in the AFC right now. We can actually very brifely move up to 8th with a win, a Raiders loss and a Bengals loss

The odds aren't great but they aren't long shots. 

19%

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2023/11/goodbye-playoffs-buffalo-bills-postseason-odds-look-bleak-following-loss-to-broncos.html?outputType=amp

34 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If you're wanting the wheels to fall off because you're a sad miserable little t-waffle that likes it better when the Bills suck because it makes your little insecurities feel better and helps your erectile dysfunction -Bengals

Pretty clear.

Who likes when their team sucks?  

15 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't care about that. Look at the teams ahead of us. The Raiders, Colts, Steelers, Browns with Watson gone? Come on. We got a shot

Their easier path is to win the division. Wild card may actually be tougher to get. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Have you not read this board over the last 2 weeks. Some "fans" are in their utter delight.

I think hating everything about the Buffalo Bills organization is like slipping on a pair of comfortable slippers for some fans. It just feels like a return to the natural order of things.

• Agree 3

I’ll just root for all the AFC division leaders except for Miami (unless we have no shot at division and they could beat one of our wild card contenders at the end).  So i guess it’s Go Ravens tonight. The steelers are fools gold and the Browns will fade out.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I think hating everything about the Buffalo Bills organization is like slipping on a pair of comfortable slippers for some fans. It just feels like a return to the natural order of things.

Yes, but I think moat fans, even those who complain a lot, really do want to see the Bills succeed regardless of who the coaches are. 

There are a few, though, who hate McDermott so much they want to see the team crash and burn. I don't understand that sentiment, personally. I'm always rooting for the Bills to win, even if the team has issues.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I’ll just root for all the AFC division leaders except for Miami (unless we have no shot at division and they could beat one of our wild card contenders at the end).  So i guess it’s Go Ravens tonight. The steelers are fools gold and the Browns will fade out.

Miami has a really easy schedule going forward. I can't imagine they won't be divisional champs at this point.

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Have you not read this board over the last 2 weeks. Some "fans" are in their utter delight.

I get the heart of what your saying. It's brutal, but complaining isn't the same as saying you want the wheel

to fall off. At least not to me. Honestly I'm on everyday, but I don't read everything people say. I'll catch a few from posters that I have interacted with and respect, get the gist and look for linked photos and updates. 

All in on the Ravens.

Had we beaten Denver, I might have still entertained dreams of the 1 seed.  But, 12 men & all.

I'm also in agreement w/ those who have said the division title is the most likely path at this point.  But I don't want to discount a WC berth.  The teams ahead of us don't have commanding leads over us or anything, and the teams in the AFCN in particular will be playing each other a lot in the next month+.  

52 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Their easier path is to win the division. Wild card may actually be tougher to get. 

I'm aware. I'm just saying considering the teams in front of us, I think we are better than any of them. The Raiders, Colts, Browns now with Watson gone, I am really not worried about any of those teams. Our schedule sucks but if we somehow turn this around, we should clearly be considered the favorite of any of those teams to get in. Even without a division title 

The Ravens. Makes Cincy just another 5-5 dreg team.... Like the Bills. If the Bills can somehow go 5-2 the rest of the way (Surely a miracle the way they've been playing) they would be well tested for a playoff run. Maybe even get Milano and Jones back by mid-January? But I wouldn't put $2 bucks on this happening. In fact, I believe they lose on Sunday. And put us out of our misery.   

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Pretty clear.

lol its now the fans fault.

I think this is almost a must win for the Bengals similar to the Bills/Broncos. Ravens will also be facing tremendous pressure to respond after a Bills like meltdown against the Browns in a game they had in hand and still believe in them a bit more based on what they did some other contenders in recent weeks.

If I was a bettor though wouldn't touch this game because it's a true toss up especially on short week and won't be shocked no matter who wins unless it's a lopsided blowout.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.