Bills vs Jets 4:25 PM Nov. 19 Lets move on.

Chaos

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

He only played 3 games in 2020 and  7 games in 2021. I guess those are McCaffrey's two worst seasons but it's because he barely played. 

Thanks for the correction.  

He did have good worst YPC other than his rookie season in them however.

Either way, let's not leadership the point, there's nothing positive in his diaper that suggests he'll be good.  

Again, the only reason he's here is c of his Carolina & William & Mary connections.

16 hours ago, Chaos said:

We have had our blood letting. Time to move on.  How badly will the Blills beat the Jets this week?

I'm only looking for Brady to get rid of the sloppiness and turnovers this next game.  Reestablish accountability.  Part of that is being in charge of Allen and not being his buddy as QB coach - not sure what their dynamic was prior to this week.   ......and yes, moving on, rather than wallowing in a pit of misery is the only path.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PBF81 said:

That sounds good, but if we can be honest here, the only reason why Brady's on this staff is because he coached at Carolina and William & Mary.  

He was horrible as an OC at Carolina, hitting bottom-dwelling worse on his second season there.

McCaffrey had his worst two seasons under Brady.  

He's learned under McD & Dorsey.  It's pretty unlikely that he's going to amp things up, if McD even allowed it.  

Far to many people keep saying or implying that Dorsey's issues had little if anything to do with McD, which is absurd.  

I wouldn't bet a dime that this has a happy ending.  

Well, he is an interim coach, and I agree his pedigree in the NFL was not impressive.

But at least now the Bills know all of the things Dorsey was doing wrong (comprehensive, but also easy to see, at least the big things...) they can have Brady focus on those--preparing legitimate, team and player specific game plans, running the ball--and with more than the 2-3 plays that creative, intelligent Dorsey used, scheming his playmakers open, using his players effectively, as they should use them, etcetera.

I am under no illusions that Brady will be great, or even good, but at least there is now SOME hope for the last seven games, and a chance they can beat some good teams.  To me, there was almost zero hope with Dorsey--leading what Dan Orlovski (our next OC?) calls the easiest offense in the entire NFL to defend because of they were "outrageously predictable" and other big obvious reasons.

Dorsey was so bad I believe he will never coach in the NFL again.  And he never got it, never improved.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Usually i like the Bills in revenge games, but nothing has gone according to plan this year.  The Jets are equally frustrated and they have the better defense.  I don't think it matters that this game is in Buffalo,  we are just a mess right now and the vibe of this game seems like an L.   This will be a low scoring slugfest and whoever loses the turnovers will lose the game.

We'll probably lose but it'll be a moral victory because we'll use both hands and a toe to make sure we only have 11 men on the field at the end

2 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

Making the trip to Buffalo for this game.  My head says they probably won't make the playoffs now, but my heart says - ya gotta keep rootin for the boys!  Been a fan for over 30 years, so while it doesn't look good right now (been there many times), ya never know....  seen stranger outcomes to a season.

Go Bills!  Kick some Jets *** and get back into the mix!!

Agree, it does not look good.  But if the Bills win, it will clearly narrow the AFC East to Bills/Dolphins.  In that scenario, the only team that matters in terms of wins and losses is Miami the rest of the season-- it's 4 seed or bust.  All the conference record talk then becomes meaningless.  All that matters is that the Bills are only one win behind Miami going into week 18.  I don't care if the Bills are 7-9 if Miami is 8-8. 

None of this is likely, but it's all we have left.  And it seems better than nothing, if Brady can give some spark to the offense.  There may still be time for Allen and the offense to get their heads right.

19 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Against this defense? I expect another stinker of an offensive game.

Defense against their rushing attack? Gonna get stomped.

Breece hasn't been all that great lately. That is probably because their OL is in shambles. Outside of G. Wilson their WR's are "meh". This has 16-13 written all over it. We must win this game. The thought of being swept by a Zach Wilson led team is too embarrassing. 

Sabres 16 Islanders 13.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

No.  I'm right. How did those seasons go with the "top 3 offense"?  I recall scoring 10 points in a home playoff game just last year.

The running game needs to be complimentary to the pass game, that is no longer working.  I'm not debating it.  It's fact.

If you think Josh Allen is going to gunsling this team to a Super Bowl victory then you haven't been paying attention.

Run effectively when you have to in the current NFL but it’s a passing league.   It seemed you were advocating for a run heavy offense since 2020 based on that comment.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Sunday's look. Jets in white jersey with pants "TBA" and Bills in blue jerseys with pants "TBA". At least it won't be the ugly all reds. It will either be blue over white or all blues.

2023_NYJ_1TBA.png2023_BUF_2TBA.png

I’d be fine with us just wearing all black.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, In Summary said:

I'm only looking for Brady to get rid of the sloppiness and turnovers this next game.  Reestablish accountability.  Part of that is being in charge of Allen and not being his buddy as QB coach - not sure what their dynamic was prior to this week.   ......and yes, moving on, rather than wallowing in a pit of misery is the only path.

I think back to the Glory Era when House Ballard was a rookie.  There was a play where he absolutely turnstyled and got Kelly crushed (Hugh Douglas on the Jets maybe?  I may be mixing memories).  Kelly got up ran over to Ballard, grabbed him by the facemask, pulled him in and read him the riot act.  That was establishing accountibility, and Ballard went on to be great.

What Im saying is I'd love to see Allen do that to Spencer Brown

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Like posting on a message board of a team you stopped watching so you can spend time with your family?

giphy.gif

Cmon now, family 1st and I got leaves to rake and Xmas cookies to bake. Never said I stop following them on social media or coming to TBD. Just done committing my Sundays to the Bills at this phase cause I'm a "fair-weather fan" .

Bills got my $ twice this year at home games and Patriots once watching us get embarrassed at Gillette this year.  The NFL is happy no?

1 hour ago, Real McNasty said:

Cmon now, family 1st and I got leaves to rake and Xmas cookies to bake. Never said I stop following them on social media or coming to TBD. Just done committing my Sundays to the Bills at this phase cause I'm a "fair-weather fan" .

Bills got my $ twice this year at home games and Patriots once watching us get embarrassed at Gillette this year.  The NFL is happy no?

If you cant be bothered to watch the games, yeah that's fairweather.  And one more thing.  What can you hope to contribute to the board or underatand what you read on social media if you don't actually, you know, watch?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Head coach Robert Saleh was asked on Wednesday, November 15 how would that change the game plan heading into the game.

“[Joe] Brady is a very talented young man. From a schematic standpoint, we have our thoughts [but] I’m not going to get into it here. From a play-calling standpoint, we have our thoughts [but] I’m not going to get into it here. Obviously, there is going to be some nuance and some change. You don’t change coordinators unless you’re expecting something to be different,” Saleh explained.

“At the same time, to expect them to reinvent the wheel on such short notice, they are who they are. It’s an extremely talented football team. They are still a top-10 offense despite changing coordinators.”

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gregg said:

20-17 loss

20-12 win

22-16 OT loss

The last 3 games against the Jets and the Bills have a 1-2 record. The most they have scored in that time is 20 points with all 3 games being one-score games. If the Bills win and at this point, I am not sure they will it will probably be another one score game. The Jets defense was built to stop the Bills. I doubt anyone gets destroyed in this game.

Even when Wilson makes plays the Jets shoot themselves in the foot with penalties, so the big plays end up not counting. Last week's Raiders game was a perfect example of that.

Zach Wilson won’t be able to game manage this game. Allen is going to play a mistake free game. 

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Zach Wilson has 5 TD passes so far this season. It’s week 11!

He has a 2.1% TD rate. It’s the lowest in nfl history for QBs who have thrown at least 900 passes. 

I’ve been lurking on Gang Green

The weird thing is 4 of his TDs came against the "good" teams.  Bills 1, Cowboys 1, Chiefs 2.  The other was the Giants.  Honestly looking at their schedule, they haven't had it easy.  Its amazing that team is 4-5 with Zach Wilson.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/14/2023 at 10:03 PM, Mister Defense said:

Umm, the Josh Allen without the weight of the world on his shoulders, as, hopefully, he has an OC now who will actually game plan to facilitate all things on offense, rather than placing one huge obstacle after another in front of him.

You need to see the forest through the trees..

No way were the offensive problems related to Allen, as many of the most respected analysts have said over and over, and clear if you watch the games and saw the mess that Doresy created.

That is why he was so dejected.

Dorseys game against the Jets was more or less unanimously considered successful. I’m not trying to bring the other threads into this one. But I have some concern over Dorsey not planning this one and just installing Brady during the bye. 

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The weird thing is 4 of his TDs came against the "good" teams.  Bills 1, Cowboys 1, Chiefs 2.  The other was the Giants.  Honestly looking at their schedule, they haven't had it easy.  Its amazing that team is 4-5 with Zach Wilson.

Their defense is loaded and keeps them in every game despite getting almost no help from the offense.

Blue over white this Sunday.

2023_BUF_D.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Simon pinned this topic
10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Zach Wilson has 5 TD passes so far this season. It’s week 11!

He has a 2.1% TD rate. It’s the lowest in nfl history for QBs who have thrown at least 900 passes. 

I’ve been lurking on Gang Green

We can't actually be swept by Zach Wilson this season can we?

I mean... we can't possibly get swept by a team led by this guy... Can we? 🥺🥺

• Sad 1

If the Bills win this game, at the very least the "Aaron Rodgers redemption story" plot arc will be put to rest. Now if Taylor Swift would hurry up and dump Travis Kelce, we could get back to the "Cowboys choking in the playoffs" narrative that I know and love so much.

14 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Bills get embarrassed again on a Zach Wilson game winning drive to win 12-10.

The Jets win, but they stretch their TD-less quarters streak to 15?

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

If the Bills win this game, at the very least the "Aaron Rodgers redemption story" plot arc will be put to rest. Now if Taylor Swift would hurry up and dump Travis Kelce, we could get back to the "Cowboys choking in the playoffs" narrative that I know and love so much.

This morning on WFAN (Boomer and Gio show) they said Taylor Swift's parents and Travis Kelce's parents are going to be watching the Eagles-Chiefs game from the same booth on Monday night. So, get ready for a lot of do their parents get along BS. Not that anyone cares but this will be shoved down our throats whether we like it or not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.