Gabe Davis & Cook decline to interview after the game

Reed83HOF

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Whose fault is that?

Beane's, obviously. Instead of drafting one of the great young WRs, he picked Boogie Basham and Kaiir Elam.  Instead of picking up a great WR as a FA, he signed Von Miller to a huge contract (which sounded great for a while, but geez he's not very good now), and spent a fortune on Dawson Knox before drafting Kincaid.  It's like there's no plan, no philosophy about holding together a team and continuing to make it better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, par73 said:

Catch Allen's post game press conference, where he rushes in as soon as the game ends with his hat pulled down, mumbles a few semi-coherent platitudes (while Morse, who is with him, gives thoughtful responses), then abruptly leaves? That is the team leader--- pouts like a little child when the going is tough.

Yeah he's not handling the adversity well  Wish he'd just get pissed out and stop with this low normal mumbo jumbo  Throw some chairs  Destroy some tvs in the locker room

1 minute ago, Utah John said:

Beane's, obviously. Instead of drafting one of the great young WRs, he picked Boogie Basham and Kaiir Elam.  Instead of picking up a great WR as a FA, he signed Von Miller to a huge contract (which sounded great for a while, but geez he's not very good now), and spent a fortune on Dawson Knox before drafting Kincaid.  It's like there's no plan, no philosophy about holding together a team and continuing to make it better.

Right. Everyone must go. This fish has rotted from the head

1 minute ago, Utah John said:

were never going to know but lot of this has McDermotts fingerprints all over it  They said they wouldnt get into long term cap problems but sign a old pass rusher to huge long term money

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

A lot of players decline interviews after losses every week. This is not abnormal, especially considering neither of these guys are huge talkers. If you're not required to interview, who really wants to sit there and talk to a reporter when they're pissed after a loss?

When you’re a captain like Gabe Davis? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Yeah he's not handling the adversity well  Wish he'd just get pissed out and stop with this low normal mumbo jumbo  Throw some chairs  Destroy some tvs in the locker room

Hee’s the thing….Josh is extremely talented. Physically, the best QB in 5his franchises history. I still have faith in him but he is no Jim Kelly.While he is more talented than Kelly, Kelly was the ultimate leader. Sometimes Kelly was too abrasive but the guy oozed toughness and the will to win.

Josh is out QB and needs that edge.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

were never going to know but lot of this has McDermotts fingerprints all over it  They said they wouldnt get into long term cap problems but sign a old pass rusher to huge long term money

That's right.  Beane had a long-term plan to turn the Bills into a dynasty, which required very strong drafting and using draft picks as inexpensive roster players.  And required NOT going out and blowing money on a FA.  The reason they went out and got Miller and spent all that money on him, was the 13 seconds game, when the current pass rushers couldn't get to Mahomes.  (And that loss is on McDermott.)  So McDermott wanted a closer to rush the passer.  So Beane broke his own rule and paid Miller.  But even if Miller was still playing well, Beane's plan still fell apart because of his very spotty record drafting players.  

The reason the Bills' window is closing (already has closed, possibly) isn't Josh's contract.  It's dozens of small, bad decisions and a few whoppers.

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

That's right.  Beane had a long-term plan to turn the Bills into a dynasty, which required very strong drafting and using draft picks as inexpensive roster players.  And required NOT going out and blowing money on a FA.  The reason they went out and got Miller and spent all that money on him, was the 13 seconds game, when the current pass rushers couldn't get to Mahomes.  (And that loss is on McDermott.)  So McDermott wanted a closer to rush the passer.  So Beane broke his own rule and paid Miller.  But even if Miller was still playing well, Beane's plan still fell apart because of his very spotty record drafting players.  

The reason the Bills' window is closing (already has closed, possibly) isn't Josh's contract.  It's dozens of small, bad decisions and a few whoppers.

Allen will have like the 10th biggest QB cap hit after a couple more guys sign this off-season. As of now it will be the 7th highest cap hit. Drafting has killed us.

• Like (+1) 1

Zero accountability.   Captains not talking after the game, McD deflection, Hollywood Allen pouting with one word unthoughtful answers after the game.  We have a slew of babies and mentally weak players.  For a coach that is reportedly so detail oriented, preaches culture  and "love", this is the exact opposite. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I’m now officially open to the wildest conspiracy theories about how this team’s culture took a nosedive in like 11 months. Really kind of bizarre

I think it had something to do with those two Bills employees caught screwing in London.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

Feel for Cook  Showing up a grown man on prime time tv to show the world who's boss is weak sauce  If Sean had class he'd fire himself and fess up that he is not the guy to take this team to the SB

McDermott is your classic, traditional, idiotic, "football guy."

Of course he benches players when they fumble.  He always has.

And yes, it's idiotic.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Davis is fools gold to me.  Looks the part, makes Josh think he can hit him for big plays, then drops, runs the wrong route, or the Db beats him to the ball.  

I’m over him

So is the team; no way he's back.  Then again, hopefully the regime is gone too, so who knows how this plays out.

It's going to get worse (this year) before it gets better.

We haven't seen rock bottom yet, not by a long shot.

19 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

When reflecting last year after the Vikings debacle, I became numb to all the new ways they find to lose. 

During this time, I also learned to stop hating or caring about players, especially opposing players (the Brady's, the chiefs, etc) 

Almost every player will have more money then I can even dream of (even the minimum salary of 750K is more then a decades worth of work for me). They win, no matter what happens or there career goes to shambles even if they have a career ending injury, etc. They have the money and can laugh at the little people anytime they want. They win, the only victory a normal person can have is just tune it all out and not waste your energy on people who have won in life with $.

They also know that most fans don't give a ***** about them as human beings.  And NFL contracts aren't guaranteed for most players, so if they get hurt they get bupkes -- and this is a sport with a 100% injury rate.  And not for nothing, but the amount of work and dedication it takes to make it for even one second as a professional athlete (let alone become a starter or get a second contract) is beyond most people's comprehension. 

So I don't blame them for not giving a ***** about the fans either.  They're not doing it for us.  And here's a dirty secret:  they never were.

They do want to win, though.  Most competitive athletes are just like that.  But they want to win for themselves, not for us.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Is this bad technique? Isn't technique taught in JV football? Can't he work on this on the jugs machine? Does he not have a position coach to get him to do it right?

I feel like he has heavy feet, too. Watching Diggs run a route is like watching water in motion. So fluid. Davis stomps around on heavy heels like a lineman.

Cut his ass.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

At the least, it essentially punished the rest of the team for the time he was in the doghouse.  Cook was running wild once put back in the game.

What sucks is Cook could have done some of this last year with a crazy YAC average but McClappy doesn’t like to play Rookies😕

56 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Is this bad technique? Isn't technique taught in JV football? Can't he work on this on the jugs machine? Does he not have a position coach to get him to do it right?

I feel like he has heavy feet, too. Watching Diggs run a route is like watching water in motion. So fluid. Davis stomps around on heavy heels like a lineman.

Cut his ass.

There isn’t too many people that run routes like Diggs. Diggs is a true technician. Impressive to see. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Cut his ass.

He just has bad hands.

He "claps"........keeping his hands moving at the catch point.........because his timing at the catch point is a tick off so he can't cushion the point of the ball into a soft landing like most professional WR's.

It's who he is and it's the NFL so surely he knows it's weird that he's gotten that far with high school level hands.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, damj said:

I'm good with cutting Davis now.  

I don't want him here next year and would we really be any worse without him?

Amen brother.

He can get out right now.

I can’t stand that he’s on the field 95% of the time and for what? 2 catches per game? 

Beane will try and pump this guy up after signing him in the off-season and talk about how hard of a worker he is. 

7 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Amen brother.

He can get out right now.

I can’t stand that he’s on the field 95% of the time and for what? 2 catches per game? 

Beane will try and pump this guy up after signing him in the off-season and talk about how hard of a worker he is. 

Beane won't cut him. He needs his compensatory picks 😎

On 11/13/2023 at 11:53 PM, DapperCam said:

Allen will have like the 10th biggest QB cap hit after a couple more guys sign this off-season. As of now it will be the 7th highest cap hit. Drafting has killed us.

Exactly.  The problem is bad drafting, not Josh's contract.

11 hours ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Cut his ass.

He’s our best blocking WR which keeps him on the field 95%.  This has value since Knox is out.

11 hours ago, wppete said:

There isn’t too many people that run routes like Diggs. Diggs is a true technician. Impressive to see. 

Why i'd be relatively content for him to play here as long as he wants.  He avoids big hits, has plus hands, and runs great routes.  When he loses a bit of his speed he'll be a very good slot WR.  

On 11/14/2023 at 12:09 AM, RobbRiddick said:

He won't speak until the players-only meeting on Wednesday

Which may, or may not be held...

On 11/14/2023 at 12:21 AM, HurlyBurly51 said:

Character used to be important to this team

Time to bring in Kaye Stephenson as Special Assist to the Head Coach, for one of his inspiring "This team played with a lot of character today" speeches.  While the Bills were getting shelled, and couldn't get out of their own way.

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.