Gabe Davis & Cook decline to interview after the game

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Character used to be important to this team

Sounds like McDermott isn't bringing anything to the table then.

You hear all the time about players who check out after their big payday.  McD got his and he's coaching like he actively wants to be fired and cash out.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Murray did a good job.  Cook was on fire.

He wasn't when he fumbled. Murray came in and immediately broke off like a 20 yard run. Cook's absence didn't matter at all. If you say he got fired up after being benched, then I guess you're saying the benching worked...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HurlyBurly51 said:

Character used to be important to this team

lol chararcter

Even though we know it isn't true (character never mattered more than dumb slogans), it does make me swell with pride to think about all of our Character Victories and Character Championships, rather than the countless humiliating losses fueled by a consistent lack of preparation and abundant in-game coaching blunders.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

He wasn't when he fumbled. Murray came in and immediately broke off like a 20 yard run. Cook's absence didn't matter at all. If you say he got fired up after being benched, then I guess you're saying the benching worked...

No I'm not.  I think Cook has been getting better and better, and was ready to light it up against a poor Denver D.  He could have had 150 yards or more if he'd been left in.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

He was torqued.  He paced the sideline for much of the fourth quarter.  But here’s the thing.  It was a stupid, attention to detail mistake.  He deserved what he got.  Davis should have been benched too.  And whomever was responsible for 12 men should take heat.  But the latter two things didn’t or won’t happen.  Which is a problem. 

Just now, Returntoglory said:

To be fair, we don't know why or who benched Cook.

He got Zack Mossed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.