[QUESTION] Your Opinion On This Team Will Change Tonight If:

boyst

What is something you need to see to change your mind on this team tonight? If you're a Kool-Aid drinker - what needs to happen tonight to make you change your mind that we are a pretender? If you're a doomsday singer - what needs to happen tonight to change your mind that we are a contender? If you're flatlined and listless - what needs to happen tonight to make it tingle that we have bloodflow?

I don't think too many are going to change their opinion by beating the Broncos at home. Yes it's a week to week league, but it's a game they "should" win. 

Even next week beating the Jets at home "should" happen. The caveat there may be if they come out on offense next week and put up 35-40 on a good Jet defense. 

It just hasn't looked the same in terms of having fun the last two years.  It looked like they had fun at the beginning of the 2022 then adversity with major injuries. 

I think the team feeds off of Allen's energy.  This intentional low key Josh seems to make it look like they don't have the comratery or energy. If they get that back, I think they will be fine. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Udubalum07 said:

It just hasn't looked the same in terms of having fun the last two years.  It looked like they had fun at the beginning of the 2022 then adversity with major injuries. 

I think the team feeds off of Allen's energy.  This intentional low key Josh seems to make it look like they don't have the comratery or energy. If they get that back, I think they will be fine. 

This feels accurate to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing about tonight will change my opinion of the team. I think the window to win a Super Bowl with the current roster has closed. The Bills can still a Super Bowl with Allen, but the core group around him will look different. No matter how the season plays out I expect a retooling of the roster. Still need more elite level talent as well as getting younger especially on defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Your Opinion On This Team Will Change Tonight If:

They beat Denver so senselessly that Sean Payton visibly cries on the sideline and Netflix removes that horrible movie about him from their library.  Then Kevin James has to come out and publicly apologize for starring in it.  And this all needs to occur before half time.

That's probably the only scenario where I see my opinion shifting. 

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, boyst said:

What is something you need to see to change your mind on this team tonight? If you're a Kool-Aid drinker - what needs to happen tonight to make you change your mind that we are a pretender? If you're a doomsday singer - what needs to happen tonight to change your mind that we are a contender? If you're flatlined and listless - what needs to happen tonight to make it tingle that we have bloodflow?

rachel williams GIF

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Nope. My opinion since the defense got the plague has been they still have the ability to be a dynamic SB caliber team but it goes back to the offense finding the high points they are capable of and 17 just doing 17 things a bit more with less conservativeness. They should at least be a playoff team and anything less is total failure. They have 8 games to figure it out and at least get in the dance. 

If we don’t take what their defense gives us all game long I will be disappointed in our coaching and our QB, and yet I will still be a Bills fan regardless of the outcome, how happy a fan depends on that outcome,😁👍

GO BILLS!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 90sBills said:

True on all points! What’s also true is beating the Broncos won’t change anything. Take care of business tonight and next week. Their next real test is Philly.

No game is a gimme especially with the way the Bills have been playing. That Jets defense is a pain in the ass for the Bills offense. I expect the Bills to win but that game will probably still be in doubt late the 4th quarter. Another low scoring one-score game as the previous 3 games vs them.

Fire on both sides of the ball. Fournette bowling people over, Oliver sacking Wilson twice in a row, Poyer and Douglas intercepting passes, Bernard punching the ball out, Allen jumping over a linebacker in a big F-U to the coaches, Dalton lighting up the secondary, Cook breaking a few 20-yard runs, some electric change-up plays, like a flea-flicker or jet sweep (remember those?). 

The team needs a catharsis. And so do we. Let out the inner Hulk!

Just now, Gregg said:

No game is a gimme especially with the way the Bills have been playing. That Jets defense is a pain in the ass for the Bills offense. I expect the Bills to win but that game will probably still be in doubt late the 4th quarter. Another low scoring one-score game as the previous 3 games vs them.

Oh absolutely! Bills should win by double digits tonight. Next week will probably be a low scoring grinder like you said. But they have to beat the Jets after what happened in week 1. If they lose either tonight or next week I don’t want to hear how this year’s Bills is elite. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This post wins the day.

I'll add passion / fire.    This team rarely looks like it's enjoying football 

49 minutes ago, Udubalum07 said:

The team strangely mirrors the fandom.  I am NOT saying the fans are responsible for this.  However it seems like many here aren't enjoying this season either.  Everyone is so doom and gloom.  

6 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Oh absolutely! Bills should win by double digits tonight. Next week will probably be a low scoring grinder like you said. But they have to beat the Jets after what happened in week 1. If they lose either tonight or next week I don’t want to hear how this year’s Bills is elite. 

Agree 100%. Need to be 7-4 heading to Philly. If the Bills get swept by the Zach Wilson led Jets then that would be embarrassing.

• Like (+1) 1

Winning proves nothing in this game. It's what they SHOULD do. Just like against the Raiders and Commanders. And like the Jets and Patriots so... 🤷‍♂️

If they win, great. Let's see you string it together with some quality wins coming up.

If they lose, then they are who I think they are.

Congrats, McD. I barely feel like even watching this game.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

If they play a full game and look like the '21 Bills.....

We did look pretty much like this for a long stretch of '21... except we didn't just lose close ones, we got crushed by the Titans and Colts.

Until the second half of the Tampa Bay game. We were 7-6 after that game!

2 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

We did look pretty much like this for a long stretch of '21... except we didn't just lose close ones, we got crushed by the Titans and Colts.

Until the second half of the Tampa Bay game. We were 7-6 after that game!

sorry, second half of '21 excluding 13 seconds.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The one thing I'd love to see is if things aren't working on offense, Dorkey changes things up OR Allen just starts calling his own plays.  At this point I don't see Dorsey as a professional level OC so I'd rather see what Josh can do for the rest of the season. Who knows, it might be good! 

My expectations are already at an all time low, which includes a nail in the coffin type of loss tonight that effectively ends the 2023 season.

But even if they win and look dominant it's not going to change anything until they can stack these type of games together again and more importantly do it against the likes of the Eagles, Chiefs, etc on the road.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.