Travis Kelce on Josh Allen taunting penalty: "So F---- whack"

beebe

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

This.  To the letter of the rule it was a penalty.  Just like that throw they called intentional grounding when really the receiver just cut off his route.  There are far worse things like the facemask not called or the sliding tripping tackle not called.  Or in another game the guy taking his helmet off and hitting someone with it not called.  This taunting rule is just stupid.  Even stupider Josh could have gotten ejected for another similar act.  The NFL rules just don't make sense.  Much like some of their fines don't make sense.

What letter of the rule are you talking about?   There is a subjective element to determining intent.  You can finger point and not be called, the OL does it all the time presnap,  Players do it after first downs.  So no, it's not the letter, but what Josh did has been called because intent is assumed

You know when intent is also assumed is when the ball carrier is taken down by someone's legs.  It's generally assumed if the defender takes down the ball carrier with his legs there was intentional tripping.  Huge non-call.  It's 15 yards and a 1st down, the Bills ,safely in FG range, with time on the  clock.

49 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

What letter of the rule are you talking about?   There is a subjective element to determining intent.  You can finger point and not be called, the OL does it all the time presnap,  Players do it after first downs.  So no, it's not the letter, but what Josh did has been called because intent is assumed

You know when intent is also assumed is when the ball carrier is taken down by someone's legs.  It's generally assumed if the defender takes down the ball carrier with his legs there was intentional tripping.  Huge non-call.  It's 15 yards and a 1st down, the Bills ,safely in FG range, with time on the  clock.

They call stuff when they feel like it. The rule is that if you do something in the face of the opponent then its taunting.  Such as look and point at the defender or spiking the ball in the defenders face or pointing first down to the defenders face.  Thats why you usually see someone get a first down and then move away from the defenders before they do their first down point or spike ball or whatever. You are right that it isnt always called and they call it when they feel like it just like all other penalties.  The penalty is also stupid af but it is the rule.

2 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I’m sure it’s taunting. But what I want to know is why is tyrek hill not called for the peace sign when he flashes it at players as he runs by them into the end zone? The nfl is losing credibility!

He has been called for it before.  They just pick and choose when they feel like calling it.  Now he has gloves that are painted red two finger peace sign so he just puts his whole hand up as a mockery.

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

same, ive been watching their podcast for a while now and they seem like good dudes

used to despise T Kelce and now i kind of like him

Agreed, this is is nice take from Kelce.  In acknowledgement I’m gonna go listen to some T Swift with my 11 year old 

1 minute ago, Success said:

Kelce is growing on me  His commercials are funny too, and he was great on SNL.

Seems like a cool dude.

The Kelce brothers are just good dudes. It's annoying how good Travis is when he's playing your team, but that doesn't make him a bad guy.

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Big pot meet kettle energy right here.

Big pot just won an election here in Ohio, and I'm all for it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

This.  To the letter of the rule it was a penalty.  Just like that throw they called intentional grounding when really the receiver just cut off his route.  There are far worse things like the facemask not called or the sliding tripping tackle not called.  Or in another game the guy taking his helmet off and hitting someone with it not called.  This taunting rule is just stupid.  Even stupider Josh could have gotten ejected for another similar act.  The NFL rules just don't make sense.  Much like some of their fines don't make sense.

Actually, despite what the idiot rules expert on TV said, that was not intentional grounding.

Here is the rule.

RULE SUMMARY VIEW OFFICIAL RULE

INTENTIONAL GROUNDING

It is a foul for intentional grounding if a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage because of pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion. A realistic chance of completion is defined as a pass that is thrown in the direction of and lands in the vicinity of an originally eligible receiver.

I highlighted the important part.

Allen was not about to be sacked.  It was a clear miscommunication.

NFL officials are bad and getting worse.

Why the NFL, a $10 billion/year industry depends on part time, old, bad officials accountable to no one is beyond me.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Actually, despite what the idiot rules expert on TV said, that was not intentional grounding.

Here is the rule.

INTENTIONAL GROUNDING

It is a foul for intentional grounding if a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage because of pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion. A realistic chance of completion is defined as a pass that is thrown in the direction of and lands in the vicinity of an originally eligible receiver.

Why the NFL, a $10 billion/year industry depends on part time, old, bad officials accountable to no one is beyond me.

My favorite part was when the rules analyst said 'intent's got nothing to do with it!' right after the screen flashed the words INTENTIONAL GROUNDING

18 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Here is the rule.

INTENTIONAL GROUNDING

Yeah I know it wasnt intentional grounding.  I lumped them together my bad.

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

in case anyone was wondering what im talking about re:hubbard hit and why Allen likely reacted like that

this is him going for Allen's knees about 4seconds after he released the pass to Diggs

NEfOPG.jpg

Best/worst part of this is the ref looking at it all the way. 

4 minutes ago, Lane Meyer K12 said:

All of the stupid ass endzone celebrations they allow, and they are stupid, and the refs flag JA for that. 

it’s the gap between celebrating with your teammates vs towards an opponent. It’s been a point of emphasis for a few years. 

I think back in 2021(?) it was a pretty heavy topic with a ton of flags for guys spinning the ball towards opponents, flexing while facing the opponents sideline and the tyreek situation. 

The simplest is go be happy for your accomplishments without addressing the guys on the other side. 

that Said, they created a monster with those 20 player 80 yard dashes to the camera 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

its def always a penalty, you got to keep your head

but in his defense im pretty sure he was reacting to the hit he took late and low from Hubbard

Duh what?

tyreek never gets a taunt and he literally looks behind him puts up dueces lol 

32 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Duh what?

tyreek never gets a taunt and he literally looks behind him puts up dueces lol 

I looked it up. Tyreek has had taunting called on him three times in his 7.5-year career. Twice in 2018 and once this year. That's not never, but it is close to never.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Special K said:

Not as bad a penalty as the intentional grounding penalty....that one cost the Bills a chance at 3 points.

Intentional grounding must be, er, you know, intentional. It was obvious that there was just a mis communication between QB and WR. Also, the QB has to be under duress or worried about a sack. If he is not under duress he can ground it, ala spiking the ball to stop the clock. All in all, a bad call that actually effected the final score.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:
48 minutes ago, MPL said:

I change my mind about Travis Kelce about as frequently as this board changes its mind about Sean McDermott. 

I currently like the hell out of him

Ugh. Same.

Wait... we talking about Kelce or McDermott? 

Someone pointed out to me that the taunting call was barely a top 5  bad call for the game to go against the Bills, the missed slide tackle, the missed facemask in end zone, the fake roughing the passer, the intentional grounding were all much worse. NFL officiating is so bad and unpredictable that at this point it is on me for expecting better 

• Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Someone pointed out to me that the taunting call was barely a top 5  bad call for the game to go against the Bills, the missed slide tackle, the missed facemask in end zone, the fake roughing the passer, the intentional grounding were all much worse. NFL officiating is so bad and unpredictable that at this point it is on me for expecting better 

Slide tackle was crazy

Bengals are dirty af

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

It just felt early like Kemp had it in for the Bills. The Settle roughing was a joke.  The intentional grounding was egregiously bad considering Josh was NOT under duress.  Even Collinsworth said as much. We don't have a healthy squad. We gotta get calls or this season will be over real soon.

On 11/8/2023 at 6:12 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Please tell me you did this on purpose

Did what, type with my thumb or dictate and not give a ***** how an arrogant clowns name gets altered by spell check? Please tell me why I should care or waste my time fixing Siri on a message board?

Edited by Meatloaf63

On 11/8/2023 at 6:34 PM, 0017 said:

When they called it, I thought it would take away the TD, but they didn’t and in the end it only cost us about 7 yards, not a big deal. Bored Paul Rudd GIF

While the penalty itself may not have been a big deal, what COULD have been a big deal was the fact that one more such penalty would have led to Josh being ejected from the game. I have to wonder if this may have subconsciously made him play more timidly? Also, I would imagine that the Bengal defenders were probably trying to do everything they could to provoke him throughout the rest of the game.

Edited by 2003Contenders

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.