Bills vs Broncos-Monday Night Football

BuffaloBillyG

I agree with the notion that the Bills win the next two at home and go to Philly 7-4.

Arguably, they'd need to win that game, too, to have a good chance after the bye, where they still have to play the Chiefs at Arrowhead, the Chargers on a west coast trip, the Cowboys, and the Dolphins in Miami -- not to mention the Pats, who already beat them once this season.

If -- and given the way they've played lately, it's an enormous "if" -- they can find a way to win the next 3 and go into the bye week 8-4, I like their chances at playoffs. It's still possible with a Philly loss, too, but at 7-5, they could really only afford to lose one more game the rest of the year.

But, of course...one week at a time. The Bills can hardly get out of their own way lately and the Broncos recently beat the Chiefs, so...this game isn't a gimme.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I would want the context. How does this compare with other QBs? I do see that the completed air yards are the lowest in his career by a bunch. That's part of his attempts to be more "efficient."

I would like to see that as well.  I am not doing the work on it though haha

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:
49 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Hmmm what changed after 2021?

Lost the deep threat to take the top of the defense as well as Beasley who kept defenses honest with his ability find open spaces.

Minus Daboll, Brown, Beasley. +Dalton is just awakening.

Brown complemented JA arm THREAT. There's no deep threat in 2023

Fast WR2 is huge.

Fun fact: On 12/1/2022 John Brown caught a 42–yard touchdown pass as his first, and only, catch of 2022

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

QBs are going to forever be the key to any successful head coach. 

McDermott does have a thing for veterans but im not sure you can say he’s terrified of younger players? I don’t know know what you’re actually using as a reference here. Should Hamlin and Rapp be starting over Poyer and Hyde? Maybe Epenesa is the argument but Floyd has been great. 

The only young player that’s not playing is Elam and he was behind other young players. Maybe I’m missing something. 

Terrified might not be the best word but he’s definitely reluctant to play younger players. Shows in the slow development of our players.

We draft Dlineman because we have a weakness, McD limits their playing time and sticks with the guys that forced them to make these picks. 

McKenzie was terrible last year and we had to wait until injury before we seen Shakir. Same could be said about Dane and Elam last year. Dane ***** sucked. I think at one point McD went to a rotation at CB, how many times you ever see that. 

6 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Minus Daboll, Brown, Beasley. +Dalton is just awakening.

Brown complemented JA arm THREAT. There's no deep threat in 2023

Fast WR2 is huge.

Fun fact: On 12/1/2022 John Brown caught a 42–yard touchdown pass as his first, and only, catch of 2022

Sammy Watkins is only 30 and sitting on his couch. Just sayin...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

They are 4-0 in Orchard Park this year. I think they win the next two at home and go to Philly 7-4.

All I know is, I will be there cheering my fool head off. I plan on doing my part top provide home field advantage. Can't wait!!

5 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Beat the broncos and the jets and maybe I’ll start caring again 

You can't fool us, you're here, you care...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

I don’t agree with this at all. How can you say nothing positive can come out of this game? 

I have lowered my expectations considerably for this team. We aren’t a Super Bowl contender right now and are only in the hunt.

If we win, we are still in the hunt and have more time to right the ship. If we lose? Season is essentially over.

So even thought I expect them to likely miss the playoffs, I’d still like to be proven wrong.

Possible positives - 1) we win 2) Josh shows he can play a turnover free game and hasn’t lost his ability to read defenses 3) McD uses some kind of magic or duct tape to field a serviceable defense 4) The offense shows some sort of identity that we can grow from going forward.

This is an inflection point in the season. I think they will either start to put it all together and go on a run or more likely, the wheels are going to come off. Hope it’s the former but I expect the latter, mainly because I’m very down on the coaching, both McD and Dorsey.

That's not exactly what I meant.....of course there are positives we can take out of the game in a vacuum.  Our season would still be alive. 

But I guess what I really wanted to say is I'm not sure how much a win changes our overall feelings about the team.  Say we win......it will feel good.  Heck, even if we win comfortably, it might help the morale a bit.  But in the end, no matter what happens in the game, the same questions will be starring us in the face next week. 

We have struggled so much against the Jets.  Even if we put up 50 this week, how confident are any of us going to be that we can put even 24+ against the Jets the next week?  That's all I'm saying. Of course I want to win and I want us to look great doing it.  But even if we do, there is nothing that can happen in this game that I will take into next week in my evaluation of how the Jets game or the Eagles game is going to go.  Until this team puts a stretch of great games together offensively, and this coaching staff shows they have a little common sense, I am not sure how confident we can be no matter how this particular game goes.  I just don't think a win against an average to below average Broncos team changes the overall thoughts on the weaknesses and the questions this team has going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Could win, could lose.  Bills defense depleted by injuries and with sucky draft picks and offense not right.  Not sure what type of game Russell Wilson will have but guessing Bills will win circling the wagons for the week.

This is stupid on every conceivable level.

Just heard Von Miller has never played against the Broncos.  It should remain the same I guess 🤣

19 hours ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Could win, could lose.  Bills defense depleted by injuries and with sucky draft picks and offense not right.  Not sure what type of game Russell Wilson will have but guessing Bills will win circling the wagons for the week.

Sucky draft picks? Not sure what you are referencing here. We have plenty of solid draft picks from the past few drafts on our Defense.

On 11/7/2023 at 12:10 PM, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I'm hoping for a complete implosion for the rest of the season...unless some miracle happens (unlikely.) Fastest way to induce change.  

And what kind of change are you hoping for? I guarantee you, playoffs or not, McDermott is here next season. Dorsey may be gone but that is as best as you'll get

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

And what kind of change are you hoping for? I guarantee you, playoffs or not, McDermott is here next season. Dorsey may be gone but that is as best as you'll get

It might be time for Josh to learn a new playbook. Lamar is playing really well and he has a new OC with a new offense. 

I have no idea how the rest of the season will go.  But I know how it CAN go.

We can get right against Denver with a lay-up win, avenge our earlier loss against a Jets team that is only solid on one side of the ball, and get our record to 7-4.  We can take 1 of the following 2 (probably the Chiefs w/ the benefit of a bye).  Then go on a magical run to the finish line to end the season at 12-5 and get a top 3 seed going into the playoffs.

Yes, that can happen, and it's not that outlandish.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Sucky draft picks? Not sure what you are referencing here. We have plenty of solid draft picks from the past few drafts on our Defense.

Their first round pick from two years ago didn't dress for games even after White went down with a torn achilles!  Rosseau and Oliver who received a stupid extension are mediocre at best.  Espinosa is nothing more than a rotational player.  You need more out a 2nd rounder to compete.       

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

On 11/7/2023 at 9:28 AM, Success said:

One of those games that it's hard to get too excited about. They HAVE to win this one. And even if they win, it won't be too inspiring, unless it's by a few scores.

That probably sounds spoiled, but I need a month of seeing the team I expected this season before I can start believing in us as a true playoff contender.  We need Denver & the Jets - and I think we need one of Philly or Chiefs.  If we're just going to beat the bad teams, who cares.

Yes it does. You sound like a Cowboy fan.

Moved to Denver 25 years ago and I just hate everything about the Broncos. It’s not even the fans really as I find nowadays that the die hards are few and far between, seemingly because it’s just an awkward, lame team. And that’s exactly it. If Russ started cooking I swear the fans here wouldn’t even really know how to get behind it, nobody seems to be buying into at all. 

Cutler sucked. Tebow sucked. Kyle Orton sucked. Most green chile sucks and New Mexico definitely does it better. This Denver team just always has annoying quarterbacks. I want the Bills to win out of spite, then we can reconsider things at 6-4. 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, sven233 said:

We have struggled so much against the Jets.  Even if we put up 50 this week, how confident are any of us going to be that we can put even 24+ against the Jets the next week?  That's all I'm saying. Of course I want to win and I want us to look great doing it.  But even if we do, there is nothing that can happen in this game that I will take into next week in my evaluation of how the Jets game or the Eagles game is going to go.  Until this team puts a stretch of great games together offensively, and this coaching staff shows they have a little common sense, I am not sure how confident we can be no matter how this particular game goes.  I just don't think a win against an average to below average Broncos team changes the overall thoughts on the weaknesses and the questions this team has going forward.

The Jets have the Bills number because they know the Bills OC is going to use the same game plan, run the same plays, out of the same formations, out of the same personnel groups as they did in week one while also understanding down to the last blade of grass on the field the Bills offensive down and distance and situational tendencies along with Allen's hesitation to take the "easy" play.  They have it all figured out and expect Dorsey/McDermott won't change a thing.  Which it probably going to be the case.  Add in how its seemly impossible but true that the Bills defense makes their putrid QB look like a world-beater and it might get ugly.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.