Bills vs Broncos-Monday Night Football

BuffaloBillyG

2 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

Considering how we have been playing, Rest of the remaining games will be a nail bitter.  I just hope they pull out two wins at home against the easiest team on the remaining schedule.  It is too early to call for the season.

They have to run the table at home including the Cowboys game which won't be easy. 8-0 at home and try and pick up another road win along with the Dolphins game which is a must. It's either win the division or no playoffs this year.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They have to run the table at home including the Cowboys game which won't be easy. 8-0 at home and try and pick up another road win along with the Dolphins game which is a must. It's either win the division or no playoffs this year.

If the Bills can’t win more than 2 road games all season they won’t be in the playoffs, and they won’t deserve to be. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If the Bills can’t win more than 2 road games all season they won’t be in the playoffs, and they won’t deserve to be. 

Good point. 1-3 on the road or 1-4 if you include London as that is not a home game. They will have to beat the Dolphins in Miami. That is a must. As for the Chiefs, Eagles, and Chargers they need at least one of those games. Still going 8-0 at home will go a long way into winning the division.

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The Bills, even with a beat up defense, are the better team, but this could be a close one and could really go either way. Bills 24, Broncos 20.

What I assume will happen is the Bills will get a couple quick scores, then Dorsey will get cute and cost us the game.  There's zero killer instinct anywhere on this team, and when faced with an opponent who will hang around and pick at the edges until something gives, I do not like our chances.  Our best hope is that the Broncos hearts arent in it for whatever reason and we can slip by them

I just hope this isn't like the Giants or Bucs games where we are having another heart attack type of ending. It would be great if the Bills can blow them out, but I will take being up 31-17 with 5 minutes left and the Bills having the ball and running out the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Another game to make a losing team look like Super bowl contenders. Why the hell can we not we have a regular schedule so we can embarrass ourselves at 1:00 PM and we can be over it by 7 PM?? Another game i will watch a few series, shut it off and take something to go to bed. LOL 

… username checks out.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

That's a bold strategy, Cotton, and I like it! But I seriously doubt that the brain trust at OBD has the cajones (or smarts...LOL) to do it.

We have had the personnel to be more like the eagles then chiefs for years but are trying to force this BS every year. It’s infuriating. The aggravating part is the guy who ran that power 15 panthers offense that I loved is ON our staff…this team is maddening 

9 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

What I assume will happen is the Bills will get a couple quick scores, then Dorsey will get cute and cost us the game.  There's zero killer instinct anywhere on this team, and when faced with an opponent who will hang around and pick at the edges until something gives, I do not like our chances.  Our best hope is that the Broncos hearts arent in it for whatever reason and we can slip by them

I hope you're wrong. But I fear you may be right.

The big thing for Dorsey and Josh to keep in mind is that the Broncos will struggle mightily to score in the twenties. In other words, the 24 points I predicted for the Bills will be enough. There's no need to take big chances.

On offense, something I forgot to mention: take Russ's well established hesitancy to throw in the middle of the field. Add in Courtland Sutton's inability (fear?) of going over the middle and the lack of a decent tight end, and basically the middle of the field is still a wasteland for the Broncos passing game. Jeudy has made a some catches over the middle, but it's still a big hole. The screen game - a Payton favorite - is getting a little better for the Broncos, so they'll use that to try to negate a big pass rush. But I still believe that even our beat up defense can hold them under 20 if we avoid turnovers/big special teams plays.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Imagine being a fan that has a MVP candidate at quarterback for the last four years and then starting to doubt him as soon as there’s a blip in the road says more about you than him

You talk about him like he’s your close family.  This is a result oriented business.  How dare we doubt the guy/team.  Perhaps you should raise your standards because this team has not won anything to deserve what you said.  Allen is making bad decisions with the football for quite a while now.  It’s costing the team games.  That’s just a blip.  Ok.  The lovable losers.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

You talk about him like he’s your close family.  This is a result oriented business.  How dare we doubt the guy/team.  Perhaps you should raise your standards because this team has not won anything to deserve what you said.  Allen is making bad decisions with the football for quite a while now.  It’s costing the team games.  That’s just a blip.  Ok.  The lovable losers.

Allen's play has won far more games then his mistakes have cost them games. 

43 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I got 50 bucks. It says you’ve done nothing that even equates to what he has done in his life.

Pour another one armchair quarterback

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We just need a win out of this game. 

Unfortunately, this is the kind of game that nothing real positive can come out of it.  We blow them out, it will be because it's just the Broncos.  We win a close one, all the worry and frustration that we have with this team will be even more magnified.  And, God forbid, we lose to the Broncos, at home, on prime time with the world watching.  Things might burn.

So yeah.....not a lot of positives are probably going to be taken from this one.  Jut have to win and move on.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I got 50 bucks. It says you’ve done nothing that even equates to what he has done in his life.

Pour another one armchair quarterback

Why are you making this personal between you and me?  Why are you such an Allen groupie?  I didn’t mean to criticize your, brother? Is he?  What an agonizing post on your part.  You don’t like someone else’s opinion so your mantra is to resort to personal attacks that are completely useless.  I have a career and a loving family.  I don’t need to look up to a jock for inspiration, or as a litmus test for my accomplishments.  You, a grown man, brought me back to a junior high school cafeteria.  Grow up.

If you want to be a water carrier for a player that has not won anything, go right ahead.  
You must have been one of those fans that hailed Allen as the greatest quarterback that ever lived because he was dynamic for a few years.  Forget the hall of fame, he’s already the greatest to ever do it.  That’s what people were posting on here.  

Enjoy this year’s season ending loss yet again.  You deserve it.

• Agree 1

On 11/7/2023 at 8:02 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I dont think McDermott deserves to be fired after 1 bad season. I don’t think it’s a smart way to run your franchise. 

Belichick has won 6 SB as a head coach.  Boston is calling for him to be fired because he hasn’t done anything since Brady’s departure.  Perspective.  Too much losing has gone on in this city for much too long.  It’s accepted.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.