Bills vs Broncos-Monday Night Football

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Belichick has won 6 SB as a head coach.  Boston is calling for him to be fired because he hasn’t done anything since Brady’s departure.  Perspective.  Too much losing has gone on in this city for much too long.  It’s accepted.

Belichick hasn’t won a playoff game in 5 years. He has a losing record over his last 4 years. He deserved to get fired a couple years ago.

McDermott has won a playoff game 3 straight years. You know how many coaches have won a playoff game 3 straight years? Andy Reid, end of list.

Thats why I don’t fire Sean McDermott. I can be critical of him, he definitely makes mistakes. Yes he has Josh Allen, but Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes aren’t the only franchise QBs in the NFL. 

I’ve maintained that there will be a discussion to be had on McDermott whenever he misses the playoffs or gets eliminated without advancing in the playoffs.

Honestly this is a pretty dumb conversation RIGHT NOW. The level of expectation is ridiculous. Things will eventually play themselves out. McDermott likely won’t win a playoff game every season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

6-4 is much much sexier than 5-5. If we come out not only with the win, but looking sharp and crisp on offense I think that would do a lot to increase fan morale. If we get the win and look like we did on offense against the Giants...then yes I agree it still leaves a lot of doubt. Both of these next 2 games, at home against beatable opponents are must win.

I don't think so at all. Not this year. Baltimore looks really good. Cincinnati is back to form. And for all the talk about them not beating a team with a winning record, if Miami gets home field for the playoffs (their losses all road games) they could be dangerous as well. 

I agree.  I dont think KC has looked like the class of the conference either.  Their offense has been as bad as ours.  Their D has been killing it though.  I think our D would have been killing it if not for the injuries but it is what it is.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree.  I dont think KC has looked like the class of the conference either.  Their offense has been as bad as ours.  Their D has been killing it though.  I think our D would have been killing it if not for the injuries but it is what it is.

If you look objectively at just this year, the two best teams in the AFC are Jacksonville and Baltimore. And Baltimore's two losses were paper-thin heartbreaks to IND and PIT.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

If you look objectively at just this year, the two best teams in the AFC are Jacksonville and Baltimore. And Baltimore's two losses were paper-thin heartbreaks to IND and PIT.

I'd agree with that.  I honestly thought Jacksonville was overhyped but I was totally wrong. They are playing well.

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Ravens have a great opportunity to clinch their division these next two weeks. Cleveland and Cincinnati at home. Win those games and they are 9-2 with season sweeps over both of those teams.

That's why the Bengals are not out of the woods yet. They have to play Pittsburgh twice, the Browns, at Baltimore, and at KC.  

edit: They have to play at Jacksonville too.

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Belichick hasn’t won a playoff game in 5 years. He has a losing record over his last 4 years. He deserved to get fired a couple years ago.

McDermott has won a playoff game 3 straight years. You know how many coaches have won a playoff game 3 straight years? Andy Reid, end of list.

Thats why I don’t fire Sean McDermott. I can be critical of him, he definitely makes mistakes. Yes he has Josh Allen, but Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes aren’t the only franchise QBs in the NFL. 

I’ve maintained that there will be a discussion to be had on McDermott whenever he misses the playoffs or gets eliminated without advancing in the playoffs.

Honestly this is a pretty dumb conversation RIGHT NOW. The level of expectation is ridiculous. Things will eventually play themselves out. McDermott likely won’t win a playoff game every season.

To be fair.. the talent level on this team has been quite high recently.  

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

We just need a win out of this game. 

Unfortunately, this is the kind of game that nothing real positive can come out of it.  We blow them out, it will be because it's just the Broncos.  We win a close one, all the worry and frustration that we have with this team will be even more magnified.  And, God forbid, we lose to the Broncos, at home, on prime time with the world watching.  Things might burn.

So yeah.....not a lot of positives are probably going to be taken from this one.  Jut have to win and move on.

For me, I don't care about optics. Just win the football game.  I don't think this team is going to a super bowl this year or anything but I still want my team winning football games. Losing this one and the door to the playoffs is pretty much closed.  Miami would have to collapse for us to make the playoffs because a wc isn't happening.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not really, especially the last 2 seasons with the injuries. 

Things will play out with McDermott. But people are just insane right now. 

They're insane because the Bills lost a game that they were sure the Bills were going to lose. I was mad on Sunday night and I woke up mad on Monday morning. I wanted to disown everyone that I know who's a Bengals fan, which would have made life pretty lonely for me here in Cincinnati.  But by Monday afternoon I came to grips with the fact that this team's season probably ended on that crap turf in London and intend to let the rest of this season play out. But you got dudes on her trying to trade Josh Allen for draft picks. That's insane. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

They're insane because the Bills lost a game that they were sure the Bills were going to lose. I was mad on Sunday night and I woke up mad on Monday morning. I wanted to disown everyone that I know who's a Bengals fan, which would have made life pretty lonely for me here in Cincinnati.  But by Monday afternoon I came to grips with the fact that this team's season probably ended on that crap turf in London and intend to let the rest of this season play out. But you got dudes on her trying to trade Josh Allen for draft picks. That's insane. 

To be honest this is actually a great moment in the McDermott era. How does he get his team to respond to the struggles and criticism?

We did kind of see it in 2021 and they went crazy on teams until 13 seconds. Big difference is the schedule is killer. If McDermott makes the playoffs this year he deserves coach of the year.

But they aren’t making the playoffs in my opinion. I don’t think he can turn this around. In fact I think it gets worse.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

Unfortunately, this is the kind of game that nothing real positive can come out of it.  We blow them out, it will be because it's just the Broncos.  We win a close one, all the worry and frustration that we have with this team will be even more magnified.  And, God forbid, we lose to the Broncos, at home, on prime time with the world watching.  Things might burn.

I don’t agree with this at all. How can you say nothing positive can come out of this game? 

I have lowered my expectations considerably for this team. We aren’t a Super Bowl contender right now and are only in the hunt.

If we win, we are still in the hunt and have more time to right the ship. If we lose? Season is essentially over.

So even thought I expect them to likely miss the playoffs, I’d still like to be proven wrong.

Possible positives - 1) we win 2) Josh shows he can play a turnover free game and hasn’t lost his ability to read defenses 3) McD uses some kind of magic or duct tape to field a serviceable defense 4) The offense shows some sort of identity that we can grow from going forward.

This is an inflection point in the season. I think they will either start to put it all together and go on a run or more likely, the wheels are going to come off. Hope it’s the former but I expect the latter, mainly because I’m very down on the coaching, both McD and Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Belichick can’t find a starting QB so it’s gonna be the nail in his coffin. A lot of his success had a lot to do with Brady, but that team was constantly changing, it was a big part of his success. Systems changed on both sides of the ball and players changed. He was not scared to let go of pricey veterans and move on to younger players. It was a big reason why the maintained the winning culture for so long. 

McD is the opposite. Nothing changed, he’s terrified to use younger players and the vets are hardly making an impact. We been running close to the same roster for 3 years. 

27 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Belichick can’t find a starting QB so it’s gonna be the nail in his coffin. A lot of his success had a lot to do with Brady, but that team was constantly changing, it was a big part of his success. Systems changed on both sides of the ball and players changed. He was not scared to let go of pricey veterans and move on to younger players. It was a big reason why the maintained the winning culture for so long. 

McD is the opposite. Nothing changed, he’s terrified to use younger players and the vets are hardly making an impact. We been running close to the same roster for 3 years. 

QBs are going to forever be the key to any successful head coach. 

McDermott does have a thing for veterans but im not sure you can say he’s terrified of younger players? I don’t know know what you’re actually using as a reference here. Should Hamlin and Rapp be starting over Poyer and Hyde? Maybe Epenesa is the argument but Floyd has been great. 

The only young player that’s not playing is Elam and he was behind other young players. Maybe I’m missing something. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.