TRADE! Giants send Williams to Seattle for 2nd

BuffaloBillyG

Sending a low 2nd for a proven player on the DL doesn't seem so crazy. 

It's putting a quality DL on the credit card. The 2025 5th is a total "whatever" pick at this point. They have 2 years to trade a backup guard and get that back. 

That guy's football life just became a lot more fun given Seattle's record. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's putting a quality DL on the credit card. The 2025 5th is a total "whatever" pick at this point. They have 2 years to trade a backup guard and get that back. 

Hawks have great CB's that might now be even better if Williams can help them not have to cover as long.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I think it's a pretty cheap price, actually, but the issue is the salary and the Bills cap situation. They don't have the room for a trade like that. 

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I think there's a decent chance Beane was in on this and got into a bidding war. Seattle is giving up a lot for a rental 

Ya think?!!??? It's only ALL OVER twitter that Bills were close. Turns out Beane was trying for a package deal with Williams and Adoree Jackson - so he scared the Giants off I bet. I'm sure Elam was being thrown in.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

If you make that 2nd round pick next spring you almost certainly don't have a player of that quality on your roster in 2024. 

This way you get him for 2023 and all the dead cap stays behind, so you can trade or cut him without penalty at all. 

This is my thinking as well. What 2nd round rookie DL is playing as well as Williams?

I get you need to ink him to at least a 3 yr deal, which will be expensive. But it's not like we have many other DTs.

3 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Ya think?!!??? It's only ALL OVER twitter that Bills were close. Turns out Beane was trying for a package deal with Williams and Adoree Jackson - so he scared the Giants off I bet. I'm sure Elam was being thrown in.

Sean McDermott and beane don't leak much out as in signing players. Twitter could possibly be wrong place for stuff. It's pretty much wait and see.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Can you throw me a link? Not seeing this anywhere. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I think there's a decent chance Beane was in on this and got into a bidding war. Seattle is giving up a lot for a rental 

Who knows. But I think I'd rather keep that 2nd rounder as well. Especially with Buffalo possibly being in on a DT that wouldn't cost picks. 

• Like (+1) 3

Having 2 thirds gives us a shot at trades, but i'm reluctant to part with a 2nd when we are likely to have holes at S (Poyer final year, Hyde UFA), WR (Davis UFA), DE (floyd/AJE UFAs), potentially CB (White coming off another major injury), DT (DQ UFA).  Too many needs moving forward just to tread water let alone improve without a lot of picks.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

53 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

we were in on him. I wonder what happened to the deal? Especially with Schoen and Beane having a past. This pisses me off! THIS WAS OUR GUY!! I posted this elsewhere this morning.

Schoen asked for a 12pk of toilet paper to sweeten the deal and Beane replied "Sorry, I don't have a square to spare ".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

we were in on him. I wonder what happened to the deal? Especially with Schoen and Beane having a past. This pisses me off! THIS WAS OUR GUY!! I posted this elsewhere this morning.

Don't get me wrong... Williams is a good player who will help almost any team. But he's a 3/5 tech... And a perfect fit for Seattle who run odd man fronts. 

The Bills REALLY need a 1/0 tech IMHO... Behind Poona we have nothing there. And yes I realize we have Settle...like I said we have nothing there behind Poona... B-)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

It seems like the Seahawks get taken to the cleaners in a lot of these trades. Didn't they give up ransom to the Jets for Jamal Adams a few years back.

One bad trade you reference.  Now lets examine the BIG deals.  What did they get for Russel Wilson?  What did they give up for Geno Smith?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's pretty high for a guy on the last year of his deal. I'm not giving up a 2nd+ for someone who's only under contract for 10 games and the playoffs (if they make it).

Makes me wonder if it was something we were in on and the Seahawks had to outbid to get him. If not us, probably someone because again, that's a lot for less than a year of a player.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.