Mid Season Super Bowl Predictions. Who Ya got?

BuffaloBillyG

Ok, so we have made it about to the halfway point. Most teams have had some injuries, some teams surprising. So with that I have 3 questions concerning everyone's Super Bowl pick.

1. Who did you think would make it before the season?

2. Of all the teams in the running, who do you WANT to see matched up in the Bowl?

3. What 2 teams to you THINK will make the Super Bowl.

Kansas city and Philly again.

KC now has a really good D to go along with their offense. Basically they are like us last year where DVOA for offense, defense and special teams is Top 5.

Hard to pick against them considering they won 2 Super Bowls with mediocre defenses at best.

Phills has been up and down but my goodness their D Line is a wrecking crew.

Edited by BillsUberAlles
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Going Bills and Detroit. 

We are still a good team in a muddled AFC. Also I am a homer.

Between Goff, Purdy, Dak and a maybe injured Hurts, Detroit may have the best QB of the lot. Eagles play Dal, chiefs, Bills, SF, Dal in a 5 week stretch. If Detroit can get the #1 seed with Goff being great at home, I think it could be there year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Kansas city and Philly again.

KC now has a really good D to go along with their offense. Basically they are like us last year where DVOA for offense, defense and special teams is Top 5.

Hard to pick against them considering they won 2 Super Bowls with mediocre defenses at best.

Phills has been up and down but my goodness their D Line is a wrecking crew.

I mean the KGB..errr...NFL wants the KC Swifts in the SB so they will be.  I say either San Fran or Philly loses to..err...plays them. 

31 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I mean the KGB..errr...NFL wants the KC Swifts in the SB so they will be.  I say either San Fran or Philly loses to..err...plays them. 

Please to go put answer in happy capitalistic type thread about 'Bills being on tract'.  Emergency!  Everybody to get from street! 😳

• Haha (+1) 1

Of course I want to see the Bills in the Super Bowl but at the halfway point they have just been way too inconsistent and the injuries aren't helping either so as of now I'd be surprised if they got there this year...

I think it's so hard to go to back to back Super Bowls so I don't think KC gets back this year and Cincy hasn't been the same team this year so right now I'm gonna go with Baltimore because Lamar is playing the best football he's ever played in his career.  For the NFC, I know they have just lost a couple games but I still think San Francisco gets back on track and it's their spot to lose this season.

So at the halfway point....I'm going with a Bal-SF rematch with SF winning it all this time 

The hot teams the 1st few months often go a little cold at the end.

I thought initially that this was the best team Beane had put together, and that it was our year.  I'll stick w/ that in the AFC.  On the NFC side, I thought Philly.  That still seems like the best bet.

• Agree 1

KC v Philly with Philly winning it again - Thought this before and still do

Want Bills vs Philly - as frustrating as the season has been at times all Buffalo needs to do is get hot at the end of the season.  We've been hot before and there's no reason to think we don't have a laser focused Josh Allen streak still to come

1 hour ago, Success said:

The hot teams the 1st few months often go a little cold at the end.

I thought initially that this was the best team Beane had put together, and that it was our year.  I'll stick w/ that in the AFC.  On the NFC side, I thought Philly.  That still seems like the best bet.

I’m keepin my fingers crossed one of Milano and/or Daquan jones can return and play decent for the playoffs.  This was the best team beane has put together and we’d likely be 7-1 right now if one of von miller,Matt Milano,tre white, or Daquan jones was healthy which doesn’t seem like too much to ask for 😂

I know every team has injuries but ours always seem to find the best players 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

KC v Philly with Philly winning it again - Thought this before and still do

Want Bills vs Philly - as frustrating as the season has been at times all Buffalo needs to do is get hot at the end of the season.  We've been hot before and there's no reason to think we don't have a laser focused Josh Allen streak still to come

Philly lost last time 

• Haha (+1) 2

I don’t really trust anyone in the NFC but it’s gotta be somebody lol I was hoping for the lions but the ravens straight up embarrassed them.  49ers are about to hit a pretty tough stretch of schedule I think they’re gonna falter a bit.  Eagles haven’t looked super sharp either.  AFC it’s hard to pick against KC.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Of course I want to see the Bills in the Super Bowl but at the halfway point they have just been way too inconsistent and the injuries aren't helping either so as of now I'd be surprised if they got there this year...

I think it's so hard to go to back to back Super Bowls so I don't think KC gets back this year and Cincy hasn't been the same team this year so right now I'm gonna go with Baltimore because Lamar is playing the best football he's ever played in his career.  For the NFC, I know they have just lost a couple games but I still think San Francisco gets back on track and it's their spot to lose this season.

So at the halfway point....I'm going with a Bal-SF rematch with SF winning it all this time 

When I was thinking about this before making the thread, Baltimore was at the top of my list for AFC teams I thought could make it. However I still think they (Lamar specifically) have a lot to prove before being a pick. Will Lamar finally finish a season on the field? And will "Playoff Lamar" show up if he's on the field?  San Francisco has a shot...but are a CMC injury away from going to frontrunner to being one of 5 teams that could make a run IMO.

As far as myself:

I want Buffalo/Detroit. I think that would be an amazing game for 2 fanbases that deserve it.

Before the season my thought was Kansas City vs San Francisco. Still could be. BUT...

Right now It really feels like a screwy year where about 6 teams from each conference could end up there. 

In the NFC, I think the Eagles Shove their way in. And looking at the AFC, it comes down to matchups. And the Bills match up well against the top AFC teams. 

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

When I was thinking about this before making the thread, Baltimore was at the top of my list for AFC teams I thought could make it. However I still think they (Lamar specifically) have a lot to prove before being a pick. Will Lamar finally finish a season on the field? And will "Playoff Lamar" show up if he's on the field?  San Francisco has a shot...but are a CMC injury away from going to frontrunner to being one of 5 teams that could make a run IMO.

As far as myself:

I want Buffalo/Detroit. I think that would be an amazing game for 2 fanbases that deserve it.

Before the season my thought was Kansas City vs San Francisco. Still could be. BUT...

Right now It really feels like a screwy year where about 6 teams from each conference could end up there. 

In the NFC, I think the Eagles Shove their way in. And looking at the AFC, it comes down to matchups. And the Bills match up well against the top AFC teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

In the NFC, I think the Eagles Shove their way in. And looking at the AFC, it comes down to matchups. And the Bills match up well against the top AFC teams

So before the season, you thought Kansas City would be in the Super Bowl but after watching this season play out, you now think the Bills are more likely?  What have you seen from those two teams that led you there?

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Billl said:

So before the season, you thought Kansas City would be in the Super Bowl but after watching this season play out, you now think the Bills are more likely?  What have you seen from those two teams that led you there?

Fair question.

Before the season I thought KC would be themselves on offense. They are showing signs (Rice especially is coming along rather nice) but aside from Kelce they just aren't there yet IMO. I've watched them this season and it's the defense (that's now down Bolton) that has been the driving force there. I'm not confident their defense can maintain this level of play all year. 

Buffalo on the other hand is starting to really find some things out on offense. If (and admittedly it is a big if) Dorsey can figure out the red zone this team scores a ton more points. 

The biggest problem I see with the Chiefs so far is in the matchups. I think Buffalo's offense is a matchup nightmare for that KC defense. I also think (and we will see a preview in a couple weeks) that their offense can't outscore Miami's offense. 

Don't get me wrong, KC is still an excellent football team. They are a threat to win it all and will be for a long time. This just feels like a small "recalibrate" season for them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Rematch. 
KC (Taylor Swift) - Philly

KC wins again

…and don’t think for a second the NFL won’t be doing everything possible to have Taylor Swift be a focal point of the Super Bowl. The camera would be locked on her… and there would be more viewers than any Super Bowl ever before. 

• Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Fair question.

Before the season I thought KC would be themselves on offense. They are showing signs (Rice especially is coming along rather nice) but aside from Kelce they just aren't there yet IMO. I've watched them this season and it's the defense (that's now down Bolton) that has been the driving force there. I'm not confident their defense can maintain this level of play all year. 

Buffalo on the other hand is starting to really find some things out on offense. If (and admittedly it is a big if) Dorsey can figure out the red zone this team scores a ton more points. 

The biggest problem I see with the Chiefs so far is in the matchups. I think Buffalo's offense is a matchup nightmare for that KC defense. I also think (and we will see a preview in a couple weeks) that their offense can't outscore Miami's offense. 

Don't get me wrong, KC is still an excellent football team. They are a threat to win it all and will be for a long time. This just feels like a small "recalibrate" season for them.

I've long felt the Bills have matched up well with KC. The last three games the two teams have played pretty much shows this to be the case. 

I disagree with you on Miami being a problem for KC. Miami beats up on the bad/finesse teams, but they get handled rather easily by the good teams. KC's defense will totally shut down Miami. And Miami's defense is mostly garbage like it is against everyone. 

A lot of Philly love I see. I'm not buying into them though. I think 49ers have a better shot if they can stay healthy for once. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I've long felt the Bills have matched up well with KC. The last three games the two teams have played pretty much shows this to be the case. 

I disagree with you on Miami being a problem for KC. Miami beats up on the bad/finesse teams, but they get handled rather easily by the good teams. KC's defense will totally shut down Miami. And Miami's defense is mostly garbage like it is against everyone. 

A lot of Philly love I see. I'm not buying into them though. I think 49ers have a better shot if they can stay healthy for once. 

I agree to a point here. That defense has always seemed to underachieve. I thought Fangio may help but so far it hasn't. 

2 things I'm looking at with them. One, the return of Ramsey. While he's always been very overrated IMO, he is still a huge upgrade on what they have. He'll find some measurements of success. The other, Jaelin Phillips. He spent some time out but is an very good pass rusher. Frankly, he's what they hoped Bradly Chubb would be. Brings a lot of physicality as well. 

There’s only one answer to these questions, and its the Buffalo Bills!

GO BILLS!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.