Von Miller

Riverboat Ritchie

2 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I dont know if he needs to be inactive, but he SHOULDNT have been in the game on a running down with the game on the line.

Who would have  been able made that final play on Mixon?

Von actually looked quicker tonight but clearly he is light years from the player he once was. I have doubts that we'll get to see improved play from him any time soon, if ever. He has added to out salary cap hell in a big way as well.

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

Never liked him. Never wanted him. Always been a me first player who wants the spotlight and a stage.

Careful!!!! Don't bad mouth the almighty Von. He's won a SB. In the top secret players only meeting thread I questioned his value and was crucified. 

Just now, Spiderweb said:

Who would have  been able made that final play on Mixon?

Von actually looked quicker tonight but clearly he is light years from the player he once was. I have doubts that we'll get to see improved play from him any time soon, if ever. He has added to out salary cap hell in a big way as well.

Whatever DE that wasnt on the field. AJ, Shaq, kingsley, etc. Im not saying someone else does make the play, but I'll take a guy that is 100% and not coming off an acl injury, who hasnt looked good. 

Has he even made a play this year?

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

And it was working until Thanksgiving day. Just bad luck.

Not really.  That kind of money to a guy that old rarely works.  We had everything we needed to win a super bowl in 2021 season except poor end of game coaching.  Since then Daboll left, Dorsey took his place and Josh and the offense has regressed.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

And it was working until Thanksgiving day. Just bad luck.

Unfortunately for that argument. Signing a player in his mid 30s to a huge contract. and expecting him to not only continue his trajectory but expect him to be healthy. Not good business 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

That would entail protecting and providing for your generational talented QB.  

We can't have that.  

What a concept. Sean has had 6 F-ing years to build a dominant OL around your best player.  Instead this clown stuffs failed defensive players down our throats.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, boyst said:

Never liked him. Never wanted him. Always been a me first player who wants the spotlight and a stage.

Did you like him last year when he singlehandedly transformed our pass rush? Did you notice how our defensive performance went down the pooper in his absence?

Ridiculous take for a guy coming off an ACL injury

• Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, NakedSquid said:

He should still be on IR.  Is not ready to come back and is a liability and has been every single snaps he's on the field. 

Just shut his ass down. He's not even 50% of who he was. He's hurting the team.  He may never come back fully from this 2nd ACL?  This team is so F ing cursed.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just shut his ass down. He's not even 50% of who he was. He's hurting the team.  He may never come back fully from this 2nd ACL?  This team is so F ing cursed.

He sucks. And Beane should be fired for paying him what he is. 

16 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

The perfect way to end the game was Von Miller falling on his face and losing contain on the running back.

I’ve never seen a defensive end so willingly give up the edge so often … much less a guy making $20MM+/yr.

That was pretty bad as you so eloquently referred to and a play to characterize the season. 

HYPE MAN = VON MILLER

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

I’m surprised he’s playing and I wonder who has the final say. That being said, they don’t have a lot of options. Epenesa and Rousseau have been non-factors recently.

Yeah that's a good point, the book is out on Rousseau, he starts fast and then fades after Week 3. 

3 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Fans expecting production from Von Miller right now is delusional. He’s not even a year removed from his injury. He’s still wearing a damn knee brace!! ACL’s take a year and even longer to completely heel from. 

and that’s fine.  Get him the hell off the active roster while he continues to heal.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Fans expecting production from Von Miller right now is delusional. He’s not even a year removed from his injury. He’s still wearing a damn knee brace!! ACL’s take a year and even longer to completely heel from. 

For me, its not Von's fault that he is in the game, thats up to the coaches.

• Thank you (+1) 1

As soon as I saw him miss the tackle, I knew the board was going to lose their crap.

He is getting closer. He wouldn't have even been in position to make the play before. He is getting better pressure. Like others have said, he's not even a year removed from a Torn ACL. And I have seen small improvements week to week.

Should he have made the tackle? Yes. But it's more disheartening to me that he was the only one in the area to do so.

Feels like in this Defense, if one guy is there and doesn't make the tackle, it's going to be a first down. Yet when we're on Offense, there's multiple defenders around our ball carriers at all times.

We're losing in the trenches week to week and it's costing us these games.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.