The Bills are Going to Miss the Playoffs

DapperCam

The more I look at it, the more I'm pretty sure we are going to miss the playoffs.

10-7 might make the wild card (also could miss on a tie breaker). So we have 3 losses left we can take. Here is our remaining schedule:

Denver - *Should* be a comfortable win
Jets - Already beat us once. Jets D has Allen's number.
@ Philly - 8-1 and Super Bowl team
@ KC - 7-2 and Super Bowl winners
Dallas - 5-3 team, very tough defense
@ Chargers - West coast road trips are rough, team has similar talent to Bills
Pats - Well, we just lost to them, so we can probably lose to them again
@ Miami - 6-3 team, we were able to beat them once (with a fully healthy defense though)

Games we should definitely win:

- Denver

Games that are toss ups:

- Chargers

- Jets

- Pats

- Miami

Games where the other team should be favored:

- Philly

- KC

- Dallas

Not a lot of room for error here! 😬😬😬😬😬

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

Just now, DapperCam said:

The more I look at it, the more I'm pretty sure we are going to miss the playoffs.

10-7 might make the wild card (also could miss on a tie breaker). So we have 4 losses left we can take. Here is our remaining schedule:

Tampa - Thursday Night Football is weird and sloppy. Tampa is better than the Pats and the Giants.
@ Cinci - Bengals had our number last year, they haven't played great so far
@ Philly - 5-1 and Super Bowl team
@ KC - 5-1 and Super Bowl winners
Dallas - 4-2 team, very tough defense
@ Miami - 5-1 team, we were able to beat them once (with a fully healthy defense though)

- Tampa

- Denver

Games that are toss ups:
- Cinci

- Chargers

- Jets

- Pats

- Miami

- Philly

- KC

- Dallas

Yes. To get to 10 wins we can only lose 4 more.  That's a tall task with this roster and coaching staff right now. Honestly, if the game with next week I wouldn't trust the Bills to beat Denver.  For real.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

10-7 might make the wild card (also could miss on a tie breaker). So we have 4 losses left we can take. Here is our remaining schedule:

Tampa - Thursday Night Football is weird and sloppy. Tampa is better than the Pats and the Giants.
@ Miami - 5-1 team, we were able to beat them once (with a fully healthy defense though)

- Tampa

- Denver

Games that are toss ups:
- Cinci

- Chargers

- Jets

- Pats

- Miami

- Philly

- KC

- Dallas

I would say definitely the Bengals but also possible the Chargers are favored. Even best case scenario, I'm struggling to see 6 wins there to get to 10 unless something drastically different happens and soon.

• Agree 2

Maybe I’m an optimist but I think we can win our next 4 games and then split the last 6.  IF and only IF there is a major overhaul on offense or a come to Jesus meeting in an attempt to find an identity.  If we prance out the same jet lagged team we have the last 3 weeks then yeah no chance at the playoffs.

• Disagree 2

Phins Cincy and Bolts on the road I’d move us to the underdog column.

We should beat TB Denver NE @ home. 

Unfortunately (unless we see a dramatic improvement) the way we’re playing I think we have a legit uphill battle to finish better than 500 imo.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just 3 weeks ago we beat almighty Dolphins by 28 points.

Now, after 3 games bad stretch, the sky is falling.

The overreaction today is really something else. Sometimes I wonder if some of you are watching their first season or what. Did SB winners always look unbeatable in W5-W7?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

24 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Well, given what we've seen Tyrod and Mac freakin' Jones do to this D, wonder what Burrow, Mahomes, Hurts, Herbert, Dak, and Tua are gonna do!  Hell, even Baker will probably have a day!

I've been saying for years in spite of stats this defense is not all that great particularly in critical situations like must stops to protect a lead. Maybe one of the worst secondaries in the league. Our offense is Diggs and Allen for the.most part and a coordinator unable to make the most of what talent he has. We just managed to lose to a very bad team. One good game this whole season so far.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

If that’s the case, let’s trade Josh to get the assets for the #1 overall pick.  Draft Caleb Williams, Fire McDermott and bring in Lincoln Riley as head coach or whichever hot offensive coordinator fits. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

If that’s the case, let’s trade Josh to get the assets for the #1 overall pick.  Draft Caleb Williams, Fire McDermott and bring in Lincoln Riley as head coach or whichever hot offensive coordinator fits. 

Have you watched Caleb Williams against a defense with a pulse? See Utah and Notre Dame 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

If the Bills did this i would probably never watch football again

Congratulations 

49 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Just 3 weeks ago we beat almighty Dolphins by 28 points.

Now, after 3 games bad stretch, the sky is falling.

The overreaction today is really something else. Sometimes I wonder if some of you are watching their first season or what. Did SB winners always look unbeatable in W5-W7?

3 games is a not insignificant portion of the season. Also this was supposed to be the easy part of our schedule which would give us a little bit of a buffer for the tougher part.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

34 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Caleb Williams has “bust” all over him. Also this plan is insane 

• Agree 1

Things look terrible now but just remember we were 7-6 at one point in 2021.  

Beane either needs to make a call for another DT until DaQuan gets healthy or he needs to swing a trade for a WR.

Behind Jones and Oliver, they are terrible.  Did not see that coming.  I thought Ford was going to be servicable and thought Settle would somewhat of an impact.  

Our offense looked good with Jon Brown and Emmanuel Sanders as the #2.  We are lacking that.  I’m not as worried about slot because I think Kincaid showed he can be trusted.  Should have been earlier but it’s out there now.  

Gabe Davis doesn’t take pressure off of Diggs.  Diggs is constantly doubled and Davis doesn’t win his match up often, except one type of play.  Davis needs to go back to #3.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This team is going to the playoffs lol. We’re not playing our best ball right now but it’s only October. They dont crown champs in October. We have already experienced the Bills dominating the regular season and in the end it didn’t amount to anything. 

I just want us playing our best ball when it counts. We still have a long way to go. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

- Tampa

- Denver

Games that are toss ups:
- Cinci

- Chargers

- Jets

- Pats

- Miami

- Philly

- KC

- Dallas

All worth it if leads to Sean McDermott getting the ax after the season. 

Give me 1 bad year if it means Ben Johnson or Jim Harbaugh. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.