The Bills are Going to Miss the Playoffs

DapperCam

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

12 wins?  Let’s see your list of the 8 remaining games that the Bills are going to win?

I wouldn't even predict.  We could beat the Eagles and Chiefs, and lose to the Bengals and Jets again. Who knows.

I just think that team we saw against Miami is still there.  If they get in a groove, they can get on a run - like they did last season in the 1st few months, or in that whole stretch after the Hail Murray game. I could see us reeling off 6 in a row right now.

Not saying we WILL - but I can see it.  I mean, we think the Chiefs are all that, and they are - but they haven't beaten us in the regular season in years.

• Agree 1

AFCE

Dolphins

Bills

Jets

Pats (not likely)

AFW

Chiefs

Chargers (not looking good)

Raiders (not likely)

Broncos (not likely)

AFCS

Jags

Texans (would expect them to fade)

Titans (not likely)

Colts (not likely)

AFCN

Ravens

Steelers

Browns

Bengals

AFC North is clearly the division to watch with all 4 teams having playoff aspirations, but they all have to play each other as well.  

Outside of the AFCN, the Chargers are the most talented team that, even with 4 losses, can make a run … but we also play them later this season so if they're alive, have a chance to take the head to

head.   Jets could hang around, but we get another shot at them, at home, in a few weeks.  

None of this matters if our Offense can’t figure it out and Defense keeps dealing with new injuries every week BUT the conference is kind of a mess. 

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

AFCE

Dolphins

Bills

Jets

Pats (not likely)

AFW

Chiefs

Chargers (not looking good)

Raiders (not likely)

Broncos (not likely)

AFCS

Jags

Texans (would expect them to fade)

Titans (not likely)

Colts (not likely)

AFCN

Ravens

Steelers

Browns

Bengals

AFC North is clearly the division to watch with all 4 teams having playoff aspirations, but they all have to play each other as well.  

Outside of the AFCN, the Chargers are the most talented team that, even with 4 losses, can make a run … but we also play them later this season so if they're alive, have a chance to take the head to

head.   Jets could hang around, but we get another shot at them, at home, in a few weeks.  

None of this matters if our Offense can’t figure it out and Defense keeps dealing with new injuries every week BUT the conference is kind of a mess. 

The issue is remaining strength of schedule. This link doesn’t include this week’s results, but the Bills will definitely be top 5 after this week for hardest remaining schedule. Probably top 3.

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_schedule_strength

The Texans remaining schedule is a joke. It wouldn’t be shocking for them to be right there at the end of the season.

Actually, I'll give it a go:

Bucs - we're winning. Or, the season is over. W.

Bengals - they're problems run much deeper than ours.  We could lose, of course - but I've got a W

Broncos - W

Jets - no, they're not sweeping us. At home. W.

Eagles - I think we lose this, or the Chiefs. I don't think we lose both.  L

Chiefs - see above. W.

Cowboys - at home, W.

Chargers - west coast trip, L.

Pats - same as Jets. W.

Dolphins - playing for division if everything plays out as detailed above.  Probably an L - but it will be close.

50 minutes ago, Success said:

Bengals - they're problems run much deeper than ours.  We could lose, of course - but I've got a W

Broncos - W

Chiefs - see above. W.

Cowboys - at home, W.

Pats - same as Jets. W.

Dolphins - playing for division if everything plays out as detailed above.  Probably an L - but it will be close.

eh, we'll lose 2/3 of Eagles Chiefs Cowboys.  Actually I expect 3/3 but maybe we get some josh hero ball in honor of what once was in at least one of those games. I'm not sure what you've seen that gives you confidence against the Jets either. This O is built to collapse against tough Ds

I will give it a shot.

Bucs - win

Bengals - loss

Broncos - win

Jets - win 

Eagles - loss

Chiefs - loss

Cowboys - win

Chargers - loss

Pats - win  

Dolphins - win

I have them going 6-4 the rest of the way finishing 10-7. Will that be good enough for the division or WC. Who knows.

4 hours ago, Success said:

Broncos - W

Chiefs - see above. W.

Cowboys - at home, W.

Pats - same as Jets. W.

I would love to see it, however I think you are setting your self up to be seriously disappointed.  I’m just not seeing it.  9-8. No playoffs.  This team is just too inconsistent. 

Looking at the teams we’ve played and how the game went- we should be 6-1 or even 7-0.  No way do you lose to the rodgerless jets.  The London debacle may be a win with a better travel schedule.  It’s really on coaching and executing and quite honestly we should get batter in some obvious spots

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Roundybout said:

The AFC is a disaster so I think we get at least a wild card spot. 

What’s that make NFC? I believe AFC is significantly deeper and 20-13 vs NFC so far. I have no doubt bills would make the playoffs if in NFC. 

Eagles, niners, lions and lol pick nfc south winner.  Add in cowboys…ehhh got 2 more spots still. So Seahawks and…?  

AFC is a gauntlet and 4-3 with remaining schedule and a depleted poor defense is concerning 

Ok get ready for a rant that the blind faithfuls will rationalize away.

No one has spoken about our failures at talent evaluation. Why is RG Brown still here. Potential has never won a game. Why is Knox still here, misses more catches than he makes. Taking other teams discount 4th string wr's is really working qell for us.  Gabe is here to be a blocking wr that is tall and is living off one game for too long. Trade while he has value.

Defensively, why is half of our dbs employed here. Why can't we pick a quality player in the first three rounds. Edwards was not that great, other than Josh we have sucked rounds 1-3, or sent them away to keep a soso player that is a "good guy". Our scouts are not getting it done. Vonn Miller ended up being not worth it. Our whole defensive line is crap beyond Daquan and Oliver. Milano's loss shows how much he covered for our dbs. Safeties are showing their age.

Our oline made the Patriots look like all pros. Josh was running for his life.  We have criminally poor depth that look great in 3rd period preseason games but allow 30 yard scampers to kill a game or cant tackle, get open, can't get flagged every time a ball is thrown their way or catch the ball.  And lastly the league thrives on innovation, something they have blocked Josh from doing and our OC has no idea how to spell it, let alone create it. He is way over his head. And if our coach can't sum up a games issues without rewatching the tape, tells you how disillusioned he is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/22/2023 at 4:53 PM, DapperCam said:

The more I look at it, the more I'm pretty sure we are going to miss the playoffs.

10-7 might make the wild card (also could miss on a tie breaker). So we have 4 losses left we can take. Here is our remaining schedule:

Tampa - Thursday Night Football is weird and sloppy. Tampa is better than the Pats and the Giants.
@ Cinci - Bengals had our number last year, they haven't played great so far
Denver - *Should* be a comfortable win
Jets - Already beat us once. Jets D has Allen's number.
@ Philly - 5-1 and Super Bowl team
@ KC - 5-1 and Super Bowl winners
Dallas - 4-2 team, very tough defense
@ Chargers - West coast road trips are rough, team has similar talent to Bills
Pats - Well, we just lost to them, so we can probably lose to them again
@ Miami - 5-1 team, we were able to beat them once (with a fully healthy defense though)

Games we should definitely win:
- Tampa

- Denver

Games that are toss ups:
- Cinci

- Chargers

- Jets

- Pats

- Miami

Games where the other team should be favored:

- Philly

- KC

- Dallas

Not a lot of room for error here! 😬😬😬😬😬

Tampa - classic Bills run up the score game

@ Cincy - Bills probably pull it out due to "revenge" factor

Denver - possibly another Bills' run-up-the-score special, but I think it may be closer than expected

Jets - likely a Bills win, but....there's also a chance that the Jets pressure Allen into numerous mistakes per usual

@ Philly - L

@ KC - L

Dallas - close L

@ LAC - L

Patriots - Bills get off the schneid with a run-up-the-score special

@ Miami - Dolphins feast on Buffalo's depleted defense this time and get revenge

9-8

Division is still a pretty clear path with a game in hand against Miami 

a lot of these teams you’ve penciled in as losses have looked just as garbage-y as us lol 

14 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Tampa - classic Bills run up the score game

@ Cincy - Bills probably pull it out due to "revenge" factor

Denver - possibly another Bills' run-up-the-score special, but I think it may be closer than expected

Jets - likely a Bills win, but....there's also a chance that the Jets pressure Allen into numerous mistakes per usual

@ Philly - L

@ KC - L

Dallas - close L

@ LAC - L

Patriots - Bills get off the schneid with a run-up-the-score special

@ Miami - Dolphins feast on Buffalo's depleted defense this time and get revenge

9-8

9-8 with a win over Miami could win the division lol and if they have the division locked up they’ll likely be resting starters week 18 as the 1 seed will absolutely not be in play for them 

I also personally vehemently disagree with your chargers pick 😂 they are probably the worst defense in the league

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

17 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Division is still a pretty clear path with a game in hand against Miami 

a lot of these teams you’ve penciled in as losses have looked just as garbage-y as us lol 

9-8 with a win over Miami could win the division lol and if they have the division locked up they’ll likely be resting starters week 18 as the 1 seed will absolutely not be in play for them 

I also personally vehemently disagree with your chargers pick 😂 they are probably the worst defense in the league

The Bills just lost to the Patriots and should've lost to the Giants. LAC is vastly better than either and it's on the road. Their defense hasn't been great, but Bosa/Mack/James could definitely be difference-makers in a close game. 

4 hours ago, 5ths the charm said:

Ok get ready for a rant that the blind faithfuls will rationalize away.

No one has spoken about our failures at talent evaluation. Why is RG Brown still here. Potential has never won a game. Why is Knox still here, misses more catches than he makes. Taking other teams discount 4th string wr's is really working qell for us.  Gabe is here to be a blocking wr that is tall and is living off one game for too long. Trade while he has value.

Defensively, why is half of our dbs employed here. Why can't we pick a quality player in the first three rounds. Edwards was not that great, other than Josh we have sucked rounds 1-3, or sent them away to keep a soso player that is a "good guy". Our scouts are not getting it done. Vonn Miller ended up being not worth it. Our whole defensive line is crap beyond Daquan and Oliver. Milano's loss shows how much he covered for our dbs. Safeties are showing their age.

Our oline made the Patriots look like all pros. Josh was running for his life.  We have criminally poor depth that look great in 3rd period preseason games but allow 30 yard scampers to kill a game or cant tackle, get open, can't get flagged every time a ball is thrown their way or catch the ball.  And lastly the league thrives on innovation, something they have blocked Josh from doing and our OC has no idea how to spell it, let alone create it. He is way over his head. And if our coach can't sum up a games issues without rewatching the tape, tells you how disillusioned he is.

I agree with about half of this idk how blind faithfully that makes me lol. Pats clearly made it a point of emphasis to get the ball out quick and despite being depleted our dline was still good against the run.  I wouldn’t sound the alarm on von yet theyre clearly easing him back in

oline is a big problem but it looked like the interior to me this game.  Torrence had his worst game as a pro, morse has been terrible in this 3 game streak. I do agree that if we can’t get that sorted the outlook is grim. 

looks like we got a real one in the first round this year, Torrence has looked pretty good too up until last game but I wouldn’t write him off yet.  Epenesa has been turning it around

Dorian Williams is flying all over the field he just hasn’t been the surest tackler yet.  Bernard has looked good so far, Rousseau has been good, Ed oliver has been pretty good, James cook has been good  Idk where this narrative of we can’t draft in early rounds comes from that’s a lot of good picks for a team drafting in the later portion of rounds.  Elam and basham were misses but that’s gonna happen, there aren’t a lot of absolute sure things late in the first and beyond.

I’ve reached the end of my patience with Knox and gabe Davis for sure so no arguments there.  I’d just straight up bench gabe for sherfield at this point why not. 

I wouldn’t say our depth is bad, I think mcD just got outcoached on the defensive side last game(not sure that’s any better than having bad players though 😂). We’re missing 

4 of our best players on defense and those guys are still hanging in there makin enough plays to win most of the time.  Pats game was def a mess though on both sides so I understand the strong reactions from people 

1 hour ago, SaulGoodman said:

The Bills just lost to the Patriots and should've lost to the Giants. LAC is vastly better than either and it's on the road. Their defense hasn't been great, but Bosa/Mack/James could definitely be difference-makers in a close game. 

I mean if we’re playing in ‘should’ve won due to blown calls’ we probably should’ve beaten the pats and lost to the giants to be fair lol I think the pats game evened the giants game out officiating wise. 

giants defense has been getting absolutely hosed by their offense but they’ve got talent.  They went out and absolutely dominated the commanders offense the week after we played them so it wasn’t like it was a one off flukey thing.  Tyrod is just better at managing the game than jones and with saquon back they can eat up some TOP and keep their defense off the field.  

chargers defense is worse than the giants in all the big stats...they’re giving up more yards, allowing more points, committing more penalties, worse in advance metrics like dvoa etc which is wild to me because the giants offense was struggling for most of the season and hanging their defense out to dry.  

Derwin James has steadily regressed since his rookie year, some of it is injuries but some of it is Staley having no idea what he’s doing.  James is well rounded but his weakness is pass coverage and they’re just forcing him to cover constantly.  He’s certainly not bad by any means, but he hasn’t really been playing like a dominant player that can swing a game.
Bosa is just a big name that’s pretty much invisible also probably due to injuries.  Mack is a beast though.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

On 10/22/2023 at 5:53 PM, DapperCam said:

The more I look at it, the more I'm pretty sure we are going to miss the playoffs.

10-7 might make the wild card (also could miss on a tie breaker). So we have 4 losses left we can take. Here is our remaining schedule:

Tampa - Thursday Night Football is weird and sloppy. Tampa is better than the Pats and the Giants.
@ Cinci - Bengals had our number last year, they haven't played great so far
Denver - *Should* be a comfortable win
Jets - Already beat us once. Jets D has Allen's number.
@ Philly - 5-1 and Super Bowl team
@ KC - 5-1 and Super Bowl winners
Dallas - 4-2 team, very tough defense
@ Chargers - West coast road trips are rough, team has similar talent to Bills
Pats - Well, we just lost to them, so we can probably lose to them again
@ Miami - 5-1 team, we were able to beat them once (with a fully healthy defense though)

Games we should definitely win:
- Tampa

- Denver

Games that are toss ups:
- Cinci

- Chargers

- Jets

- Pats

- Miami

Games where the other team should be favored:

- Philly

- KC

- Dallas

Not a lot of room for error here! 😬😬😬😬😬

I’m not even thinking about playoffs. I’m hoping Buffalo can finally get on the right track and beat Tampa. The best thing is to take it one game at a time and let everything unfold as it it may. It’s going to be a slug fest week in and week out. I’m actually enjoying the ugly defensive games this year. All of the Bills losses have been by a TD or less. McDermott’s defense needs to tighten up in crunch time and stop allowing these huge plays on the opposition’s final drive. Especially against the likes of Tyrod and Mac Jones. 

I’m not optimistic right now. I think we have to win the division to get in the playoffs this year. We have too many conference losses with more tough conference games coming. 

the only way this team has a chance is if Josh turns back into super Josh. The coaches need to let him go and play his game. The defense is shot. Too many lost players. Our offense lacks the talent it needs to have just good Josh. We need perfect Josh. 

I doubt they can turn it around on a short week after a lousy three weeks but we need to win this game. We need to get back in front of Miami and keep pace until we do. Their schedule is soft. Ours is rough. 

My hope is the Pats played better than they are because they know Buffalo so well. Division games always play different. Tampa isn’t terrible but they aren’t great either. They are a middling team. They need to find a way until this offense gets their heads out of their ass. 

Im not giving up yet but losing this game I would. Even though it’s out of conference, we can’t afford another loss against a mid team. 

6 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

Does LAC really have a home? I bet Bills fans will invade Sofi and it will sound like a neutral site game. If the Chargers weren't going to stay in SD, then they should have been the ones to start over in Vegas with the Raiders (who have more of a following in LA) going to Sofi with the Rams. LA is a weak market for the NFL. The Steelers fans owned Sofi this past Sunday vs the Rams.

Edited by Gregg

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Does LAC really have a home? I bet Bills fans will invade Sofi and it will sound like a neutral site game. If the Chargers weren't going to stay in SD, then they should have been the ones to start over in Vegas with the Raiders (who have more of a following in LA) going to Sofi with the Rams. LA is a weak market for the NFL. The Steelers fans owned Sofi this past Sunday vs the Rams.

True. Wasn't trying to imply that they'll face an intense atmosphere by any stretch, because that's definitely not the case. Just pointing out that the Bills won't have HFA. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Let’s be honest … how many thought Pre-Season  they would be 4-3 looking at that first seven games ?

in fact we all got pissed off when some guy in the media had the bills at 9-8

that's aspirational at this point.  that guy saw the rot that we've all been ignoring

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.