Defense should be embarrassed…

LabattBlue

Hopefully I can get this in before this thread gets buried.

Bills had their backup 1T and 3T today, and the guys backing them up are a practice squad player and a guy who had been inactive.

The lack of NT was detrimental to the DL, you could see it start when Jones went out but losing Oliver was the kiss of death. Poor DTs + small LBers results in what we saw today. I love our small LBers too, but this defensive performance was predictable. 

All the talk of the offense, but Bills MUST bring in a legitimate NT by the trade deadline. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Most NFL teams would just forfeit rather than coach up the defense to compensate for this problem, against the worst offense in the NFL. 

Loool

It's crazy to me how every single one of the bills injuries is to a player who simply cannot be replaced, yet other teams lose guys and somehow still play well

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Hopefully I can get this in before this thread gets buried.

Bills had their backup 1T and 3T today, and the guys backing them up are a practice squad player and a guy who had been inactive.

The lack of NT was detrimental to the DL, you could see it start when Jones went out but losing Oliver was the kiss of death. Poor DTs + small LBers results in what we saw today. I love our small LBers too, but this defensive performance was predictable. 

All the talk of the offense, but Bills MUST bring in a legitimate NT by the trade deadline. 

You couldn't name the starting DT's for any 40 front team in the league.  No one could, but yet it's the catastrophic issue that led to this loss.  Right. 

10 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

The DT depth is awful and the Puna Ford gamble did NOT pay off. 

If you're gonna reference the guy, at least spell his name correctly.  And no, it wasn't a gamble.  Dude's on 1 year 2.25M deal.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

we played from behind the whole game because the offense sucked for the first 30 minutes.  Same last week.  

A good defense would have closed out the game today.  Regardless of how we got there. They had a lead with 2 minutes left and the other team 75 yards from the end zone.  A bad defense lets the NFL's worst offense score in that situation.  The Bills have a bad defense.  Whatever the reasons/excuses the simple fact is this defense is bad. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

20 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Either they were terrible today, or all the fans here who normally bash Mac Jones, owe him an apology. 😂

Both the Pats as a team as well as Jones posted their best offensive games of the season today.  

Inexcusable.  

Just now, Chaos said:

A good defense would have closed out the game today.  Regardless of how we got there. They had a lead with 2 minutes left and the other team 75 yards from the end zone.  A bad defense lets the NFL's worst offense score in that situation.  The Bills have a bad defense.  Whatever the reasons/excuses the simple fact is this defense is bad. 

Agreed.  The defense ain’t good, but the offense has zero injury excuses.  You can’t score zero and three points in back to back first halves and expect to win.  

• Agree 1

I'm naive.  I thought we could hold up okay w/ the injuries.

This now looks exactly like the defense that lost to the Bengals and almost lost to the Dolphins last year.  It looks like the D that folded w/ 13 seconds to go.

We're in some trouble.  

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The defense was given a 3 point lead with a bit under 2 minutes left. All they had to do was stop the worst offense in the NFL 4 times. Instead they gave up a 30-yard screen pass on first down. Damn right they should be embarrassed.

That was a complete meltdown. Pisses me off we can't have a legit defense if one guy goes down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The defense was given a 3 point lead with a bit under 2 minutes left. All they had to do was stop the worst offense in the NFL 4 times. Instead they gave up a 30-yard screen pass on first down. Damn right they should be embarrassed.

It was a forward pass n illegal man down field the refs picked up the flag.  But they still likely would have given up the TD drive. Outclassed the defense blew this with no help from the putrid offense

Just now, Xwnyer said:

It was a forward pass n illegal man down field the refs picked up the flag.  But they still likely would have given up the TD drive. Outclassed the defense blew this with no help from the putrid offense

The center downfield had nothing to do with the 35-yard RB screen. How the hell is he that open?

10 minutes ago, colin said:

Loool

It's crazy to me how every single one of the bills injuries is to a player who simply cannot be replaced, yet other teams lose guys and somehow still play well

Of Puna, Settle, and Ford, only Ford has been a solid NT in the NFL. He has been a massive disappointment so far in this scheme. You can only “coach up” so much. Seattle hasn’t been reliable since day one, and Phillips is 340 but plays 290 and always seems to be falling down. 

Tell me where I’m telling lies. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I honestly wish we never even got the lead. I was mentally prepared for  a loss, and I was salty about it, but I was prepared and reached acceptance. Losing the way we did, with them marching down the field, and not even holding them to a FG, but giving them a TD?? It's sickening and somehow made this loss even more painful than it should have been.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LifeLongBillsFan said:

Why?

the offense play like complete ***** and they don’t look like they give a crap.

They sit on the bench and look completely disconnected from the game.

And McD isn’t going to fire anyone for sucking - Dorsey is still here and still doesn’t have a clue 

The defense was on the field most of the game

I think this is just a defense thread. Let’s keep it defense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.