Defense should be embarrassed…

LabattBlue

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not his best game, but given the mediocre scheme and way they want him to play football it was fine. 25 points ( with a missed 42 yd FG) should do it vs the great Mac Jones, Kendrick Bourne and co. The Pats were just shut out by the Saints. The high flying Dolphins scored 24 and beat them. I’d like a better offensive performance featuring more of Josh Allen - their best player by a long shot. Expecting the defense to make some tackles and cover pedestrian WRs catching passes from a mediocrity like Jones isn’t a huge ask. Pats offense reached  several season highs vs McD’s outfit. That’s just unacceptable. 

Again why can this Bills Offense NEVER pick up for a struggling defense. You know that the defense regularly picks up this struggling offense. 

• Disagree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Again why can this Bills Offense NEVER pick up for a struggling defense. You know that the defense regularly picks up this struggling offense. 

The scheme is garbage , they want to rein in their athletic freak QB and they have one trustable target. Turn Josh loose ! This offense with a hemmed- in Allen is just too simple to defend. Look at the rush they’re facing … teams know Allen isn’t going to truck them for first downs anymore and they’re going right at him with zero fear. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The scheme is garbage , they want to rein in their athletic freak QB and they have one trustable target. Turn Josh loose ! This offense with a hemmed- in Allen is just too simple to defend. Look at the rush they’re facing … teams know Allen isn’t going to truck them for first downs anymore and they’re going right at him with zero fear. 

So again why can your 250M QB cannot be accurate yesterday?  Why was he late to a TE that has hands issues making a very easy catch a contested?  Why is it always someone else?  He is the long term captain on this team right????  He is the face of this team right???  He picked Dorsey right?   So Again why can your top paid player and his side of the Ball not pick up a struggling Defense ever???

• Vomit 1

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

First over the last 5 years the majority of the draft & free agent resources have been given to the defense at the expense of the offense. 

Second, the Offense has frequently picked up the struggling defense over the last 4 seasons. This year it was the offense keeping pace with the Dolphins that allowed the D to settle into place.  Yesterday the offense did all it could to pick up the D in the 2nd half. Just don't let the Pats score a TD on that last drive and the worst outcome is a FG and OT. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

First over the last 5 years the majority of the draft & free agent resources have been given to the defense at the expense of the offense. 

Second, the Offense has frequently picked up the struggling defense over the last 4 seasons. This year it was the offense keeping pace with the Dolphins that allowed the D to settle into place.  Yesterday the offense did all it could to pick up the D in the 2nd half. Just don't let the Pats score a TD on that last drive and the worst outcome is a FG and OT. 

Really name it.  Name the Games the Bills just flat out went and picked up that defense. 

Tell me about how the Josh Allen has looked the first half of the LAST three games.  

I guess in you world the offense only needs two maybe three drives a game.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So again why can your 250M QB cannot be accurate yesterday?  Why was he late to a TE that has hands issues making a very easy catch a contested?  Why is it always someone else?  He is the long term captain on this team right????  He is the face of this team right???  He picked Dorsey right?   So Again why can your top paid player and his side of the Ball not pick up a struggling Defense ever???

I'm sure about 28 other teams would give up almost anything to acquire our "250 M" QB. So what's your point?  Are you putting this loss on Allen playing poorly and being inaccurate?  What's your definition of accuracy - completing 95% of his passes and being on time with every throw?

Were you in the film room to conclude that Allen was late on his throw to Knox?  Maybe Knox was the 3rd read?  As it is that was a very catchable ball and it wasn't caught.  Judas Priest must every Allen throw be perfect because the Bills receivers can't make contested catches?

And I doubt Allen "picked Dorsey" I suspect that Allen approved of Dorsey as OC after the Bills management had approved of him taking the job.

You keep talking about Allen being the "top paid player" when in fact by NFL standards and his own production he is underpaid.  Allen wasn't brilliant yesterday but he played well enough to win and he led the Bills to a comeback victory with an excellent 2nd half performance.  Oh wait the D allowed the worst QB & worst offense in the NFL to go down and score a TD to win the game at the end so I was wrong about Allen leading that comeback win.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Really name it.  Name the Games the Bills just flat out went and picked up that defense. 

Tell me about how the Josh Allen has looked the first half of the LAST three games.  

I guess in you world the offense only needs two maybe three drives a game.

The Dolphins game. Three straight TD drives to start the game while the D was floundering and unable to stop the fish.  This put pressure on Miami to keep pace and abandon the run which played into the Bills hands.

Allen and the offense have been flat IN THE FIRST HALF of the last 3 games.  The London effect clearly impacted the first 2 of those games.  Yesterday, Belichick out coached Dorsey & McD by a wide margin.  The Bills only scored 10 points with just 1 TD in the 1st half of those games. They also missed a FG. That prorates to 20 points IF their 2nd half performance mirrored their first half showing.

But there is a 2nd half of football and the Bills offense looked a lot better.  They've scored 49 points and scored 7 TD's but also missed 2 FG's.  That prorates to 98 points (33 points per game).

So you see there is a lot more going on here then "highly paid Allen sucks".

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The Dolphins game. Three straight TD drives to start the game while the D was floundering and unable to stop the fish.  This put pressure on Miami to keep pace and abandon the run which played into the Bills hands.

Allen and the offense have been flat IN THE FIRST HALF of the last 3 games.  The London effect clearly impacted the first 2 of those games.  Yesterday, Belichick out coached Dorsey & McD by a wide margin.  The Bills only scored 10 points with just 1 TD in the 1st half of those games. They also missed a FG. That prorates to 20 points IF their 2nd half performance mirrored their first half showing.

But there is a 2nd half of football and the Bills offense looked a lot better.  They've scored 49 points and scored 7 TD's but also missed 2 FG's.  That prorates to 98 points (33 points per game).

So you see there is a lot more going on here then "highly paid Allen sucks".

And since then 1 TD and 1FG drive from the Offense in the first half for the next three weeks.  Let me guess they are using the Gabe Davis cloak of invisibility in the first half?

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And since then 1 TD and 1FG drive from the Offense in the first half for the next three weeks.  Let me guess they are using the Gabe Davis cloak of invisibility in the first half?

Did you read my post?  I addressed the discrepancy between the lack of 1st half production and the excellent 2nd half production.  I don't have enough info to say what is causing this but I don't think it's Allen.  Not when I can see how the Bills have structured their offense over the last 5 seasons. 

Buffalo is a defensive minded franchise that believes that surrounding an elite QB with less talent is the way to focus resources into creating an elite D.  This WAS a Super Bowl winning template from the 1970's to early in the 21st century.  I don't believe it's the template to win a Super Bowl TODAY.   Sure it has been successful in lifting the Bills from 20 years of average to bad football to Division titles and playoff appearances but it's not enough to lift us to the next level.

You seem mad at Allen because he can't lift his game to a point where the Bills O is overpowering with the talent at hand.  IMO NO QB in the NFL could take this current Bills offensive talent & coaching philosophy and make it a consistently potent force.

And for the record McD & Bean have NOT been able to create a consistently great D.  The stats look good but every season this defense has failed the team at the most critical moments.  Meanwhile, the Bills are squandering a generational talent at QB.  This is what pisses me off.

Edited by CincyBillsFan

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Did you read my post?  I addressed the discrepancy between the lack of 1st half production and the excellent 2nd half production.  I don't have enough info to say what is causing this but I don't think it's Allen.  Not when I can see how the Bills have structured their offense over the last 5 seasons. 

Buffalo is a defensive minded franchise that believes that surrounding an elite QB with less talent is the way to focus resources into creating an elite D.  This WAS a Super Bowl winning template from the 1970's to early in the 21st century.  I don't believe it's the template to win a Super Bowl TODAY.   Sure it has been successful in lifting the Bills from 20 years of average to bad football to Division titles and playoff appearances but it's not enough to lift us to the next level.

You seem mad at Allen because he can't lift his game to a point where the Bills O is overpowering with the talent at hand.  IMO NO QB in the NFL could take this current Bills offensive talent & coaching philosophy and make it a consistently potent force.

And for the record McD & Bean have NOT been able to create a consistently great D.  The stats look good but every season this defense has failed the team at the most critical moments.  Meanwhile, the Bills are squandering a generational talent at QB.  This is what pisses me off.

No I dont read it.  Because 

1.  Josh Allen WANTED dorsey so any criticism of Dorsey also goes to the QB.

2.  Josh Allen isnt seeing the football field and is late to throws (See Knox Drop) 

Your QB needs to lift a team or otherwise he is JAG.  If you are worth 250M you should be able to pick up a defense, and make the throws that the reads "if you are seeing the field" on time.

Who are the Weapons in KC again?

• Vomit 1

55 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I mean, no matter how sluggish the offense may look, three weeks in a row now when they DID get things going, when they did score to get a lead, the defense allowed the other team to march right back down the field and score, or in the case of The Giants game, The Giants bungled severely and beat themselves, and our defense was just there for the ride.

The offense did score two TD's and converted 2 points for the lead. Maybe to you it was too little too late, but at least it was something. Allowing a really bad team with a bad offense, a bad OL and QB march right back down the field and allow them a TD was shameful. Don't know how anyone can defend this.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Aimee75 said:

I mean, no matter how sluggish the offense may look, three weeks in a row now when they DID get things going, when they did score to get a lead, the defense allowed the other team to march right back down the field and score, or in the case of The Giants game, The Giants bungled severely and beat themselves, and our defense was just there for the ride.

The offense did score two TD's and converted 2 points for the lead. Maybe to you it was too little too late, but at least it was something. Allowing a really bad team with a bad offense, a bad OL and QB march right back down the field and allow them a TD was shameful. Don't know how anyone can defend this.

So tell me should it take 58 minutes for a top 3 QB to get the lead against a bad team?  I guess you are ok with Josh Missing WIDE open WRs.  I guess you are OK with him throwing to nothing, I guess you are OK with him not reading the field.  I get it.  Josh can do not wrong.  Lets blame the defense.  Eventually maybe finally we can put some blame on the Offense.  Maybe after Thursday when they sleep walk through yet another 1st half. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So tell me should it take 58 minutes for a top 3 QB to get the lead against a bad team?  I guess you are ok with Josh Missing WIDE open WRs.  I guess you are OK with him throwing to nothing, I guess you are OK with him not reading the field.  I get it.  Josh can do not wrong.  Lets blame the defense.  Eventually maybe finally we can put some blame on the Offense.  Maybe after Thursday when they sleep walk through yet another 1st half. 

The fact that you keep referring to Josh as "your QB" tells me everything I need to know. You are probably one of the people here whom did not want to be wrong about calling him a bust 🙄

Unlike you, I actually watch the games. Every snap had him running for his life, and I am sure you noticed that too, but may not want to admit it. It was ridiculous. Our OL is awful, yet occasionally has a good game. Our OL is so bad that we have to use our tight ends to help them out, often. You are acting like QB's don't miss throws, or have INT's, or wide open receivers. I watched a lot of Football yesterday, and I saw Mahomes do it, Tua, Jalen, all the "great" QB's have missed throws or wide open targets. Is this seriously your biggest argument? This is silly and nitpicky. Regardless of how sluggish the offense has been(and yes, it's a problem that needs to be addressed) in the first two or three quarters, they still rallied the team from being down and got them the lead, and both times the defense allowed the other team to go back down the field, and one of them scored and won, and the other came dangerously close.

Both sides need to compliment each other, and the last three weeks the defense has not done that when the offense needed them to. You want to say the offense needs to help the defense out? Fine. But then admit it goes both ways and the defense needs to return the favor.

Just now, Aimee75 said:

The fact that you keep referring to Josh as "your QB" tells me everything I need to know. You are probably one of the people here whom did not want to be wrong about calling him a bust 🙄

Unlike you, I actually watch the games. Every snap had him running for his life, and I am sure you noticed that too, but may not want to admit it. It was ridiculous. Our OL is awful, yet occasionally has a good game. Our OL is so bad that we have to use our tight ends to help them out, often. You are acting like QB's don't miss throws, or have INT's, or wide open receivers. I watched a lot of Football yesterday, and I saw Mahomes do it, Tua, Jalen, all the "great" QB's have missed throws or wide open targets. Is this seriously your biggest argument? This is silly and nitpicky. Regardless of how sluggish the offense has been(and yes, it's a problem that needs to be addressed) in the first two or three quarters, they still rallied the team from being down and got them the lead, and both times the defense allowed the other team to go back down the field, and one of them scored and won, and the other came dangerously close.

Both sides need to compliment each other, and the last three weeks the defense has not done that when the offense needed them to. You want to say the offense needs to help the defense out? Fine. But then admit it goes both ways and the defense needs to return the favor.

Nope Bust NEVER came out of me talking about Josh.  And Yes I will criticize him when warranted.  I suggest you all tr is.  

So again same questions you refuse to answer

So tell me should it take 58 minutes for a top 3 QB to get the lead against a bad team? 

I guess you are ok with Josh Missing WIDE open WRs?

I guess you are OK with him throwing to nothing?

I guess you are OK with him not reading the field?

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No I dont read it.  Because 

1.  Josh Allen WANTED dorsey so any criticism of Dorsey also goes to the QB.

2.  Josh Allen isnt seeing the football field and is late to throws (See Knox Drop) 

Your QB needs to lift a team or otherwise he is JAG.  If you are worth 250M you should be able to pick up a defense, and make the throws that the reads "if you are seeing the field" on time.

Who are the Weapons in KC again?

You are simply trolling here.

Allen has lifted the team.  Without him I doubt we win even one division title over the last 3 seasons.  I also doubt we go to the playoff more then onece in the last 4 seasons. So if that isn't the definition of "lifting a team" I don't know what is.

Sure, THIS YEAR KC's weapons are about equal to the Bills and they also have had some issues with offensive consistency and production.  But you're ignoring three important things:

* When comparing Allen & Mahomes you have to look at their CAREERS not just this season.  Now when you do this Mahomes & the Chiefs have clearly outperformed the Bills with multiple Super Bowls.  But no sane football fan could say that over that stretch Mahomes and Allen's skill players were equally talented.  Mahomes & the Chiefs have had a huge advantage over Allen & the Bills on this front.  There is no rational disputing of this.

*  While the Chiefs & Bills may have similar talent at the offensive skill positions THIS SEASON the Chiefs enjoy a substantial advantage in offensive coaching.

*  Ditto the huge advantage the Chiefs have on the Offensive Line.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Nope Bust NEVER came out of me talking about Josh.  And Yes I will criticize him when warranted.  I suggest you all tr is.  

So again same questions you refuse to answer

So tell me should it take 58 minutes for a top 3 QB to get the lead against a bad team? 

I guess you are ok with Josh Missing WIDE open WRs?

I guess you are OK with him throwing to nothing?

I guess you are OK with him not reading the field?

FFS I know you already admitted to not reading the other persons post you have been responding to, and apparently you did not read mine, or if you did, comprehend what I was saying. You just keep repeating the same thing over and over without listening to what people are saying.

• Like (+1) 1

OOO I got it So KC has similar to worse weapons.  But yet Pat Mahomes only does what he does because of coaching.  Got it.  Now I am moving along.  

Just now, Aimee75 said:

FFS I know you already admitted to not reading the other persons post you have been responding to, and apparently you did not read mine, or if you did, comprehend what I was saying. You just keep repeating the same thing over and over without listening to what people are saying.

I dont read cult posting.  I already said that. 

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

OOO I got it So KC has similar to worse weapons.  But yet Pat Mahomes only does what he does because of coaching.  Got it.  Now I am moving along.  

I dont read cult posting.  I already said that. 

Your maturity is astounding 🙄

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Your refusal to answer the questions is telling

I already answered it.

But if you insist, I will again,

No, I am not worried about Josh missing receivers or allegedly seeing the field. All QB's have dropped balls, overthrown passes. This is stupid. I am sorry, but it is. What I am worried about is our OL is bad again, that as soon as Josh snaps the ball he has to run for his life, that when he DOES put the ball in the receivers hands, they(outside of Diggs or Kincaid even) drop the passes. I have a lot of worries in regards to this team, the guy who carries it and takes us farther than we should be each season is the least of my concerns.

• Agree 1

Just now, Aimee75 said:

I already answered it.

But if you insist, I will again,

No, I am not worried about Josh missing receivers or allegedly seeing the field. All QB's have dropped balls, overthrown passes. This is stupid. I am sorry, but it is. What I am worried about is our OL is bad again, that as soon as Josh snaps the ball he has to run for his life, that when he DOES put the ball in the receivers hands, they(outside of Diggs or Kincaid even) drop the passes. I have a lot of worries in regards to this team, the guy who carries it and takes us farther than we should be each season is the least of my concerns.

Cool Got it.  EVERYONE is at fault EXCEPT Josh.  and you roll your eyes when I call you a cult, not I am finally done with you

• Angry 1

Yeah, I could complain about the defense, but the offense is still my biggest issue.

The offense isn't the unit suffering major injuries at all levels. There's no excuse to be pitiful through 3 quarters, for 3 straight games!

Someone mentioned a stat that Allen hasn't had 2 consecutive games without a turnover? If that's true, that's insane. Won't win many games if you only come alive in the 4th quarter & turn the ball over a ton. 

So sure, defense blew it, especially on that last drive. But the offense blew it 3 weeks in a row by floundering all game until the 4th quarter.

• Eyeroll 1

This thread is about the defense and they were again pathetic yesterday.  NE score 20 points (on the nose) once in their first 6 games and put up 29 vs. Buffalo.  

MAJBobby though decides this is about JA and the offense.  He is right the offense is not playing well, but the defense let them down again (as they did vs. Jax). 

To allow Mac Jones, who frankly one more bad game may have been done as the NE starting QB to surgically dissect the Bills apart is pathetic. 

As for Josh, seemed again he was running for his life. 

• Like (+1) 1

Say what you want about Josh whenever he left the field yesterday we were winning

A couple of other things to B word about today

Once again, just like in the Jets game at the end of the game are special teams gave up a huge run. Why does a team that make players decisions based on whether they can play strong special teams keep giving up huge special teams runs

They needed a touchdown to even come out without going to overtime, and our defense allowed them to march right down the field and score of the touchdown

Josh missed some throws yesterday but the loss is not on him whenever he left the field we were winning

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

After pooping the bed for the entire game except 7 minutes of it. Yippie 

Well you did say the loss was entirely on the offense, and it wasn't even close.  I'd argue leaving the field with the lead certainly makes that statement off base, at the least.  How many minutes did the D "poop the bed"?  You can't dismiss them entirely from any accountability.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Well you did say the loss was entirely on the offense, and it wasn't even close.  I'd argue leaving the field with the lead certainly makes that statement off base, at the least.  How many minutes did the D "poop the bed"?  You can't dismiss them entirely from any accountability.

It was you are not going to convince me otherwise.  Come out and score 14 in the half and the game is in hand.  but I guess I will wait until the 4th week in a row of this offense not doing ***** for the better part of a football game before maybe others will see the issue 

To me fingers should be pointed at the offense which should be carrying the team. Defense had no answers for the Patriots running it up the gut which opened the field for Mac Jones who played just OK. With all the injuries on that side of the ball would expect their play to fall off some. However, what should be the strength of this team hasn't been anything close to that this year and these slow starts on offense are killing the team while putting more pressure on the defense to keep it close. Instead of forcing other team's to play catch up we are the ones needing to make comebacks late.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It was you are not going to convince me otherwise.  Come out and score 14 in the half and the game is in hand.  but I guess I will wait until the 4th week in a row of this offense not doing ***** for the better part of a football game before maybe others will see the issue 

Don't think anyone is saying there's not an issue on offense.  There certainly  is.  But to absolve the defense, and special teams for that matter, of any role whatsoever in contributing to the outcome is just silly, imho.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Don't think anyone is saying there's not an issue on offense.  There certainly  is.  But to absolve the defense, and special teams for that matter, of any role whatsoever in contributing to the outcome is just silly, imho.

Yeah I get it we need to do everything possible to not put the blame on Allen in the Offense I know.  I am done in the defense thread until Thursday, guess we will see if it is the defense fault again or if the offense can do something more than 4 minutes a game.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I get it we need to do everything possible to not put the blame on Allen in the Offense I know.  I am done in the defense thread until Thursday, guess we will see if it is the defense fault again or if the offense can do something more than 4 minutes a game.

LOL, you went from 7 minutes to 4 minutes now🤣  Anyway, extreme statements like yours rarely are truthful.  It's a little more nuanced than that.  BTW, Allen shares in the blame, I saw him bypass wide open underneath receivers for downfield throws multiple times.  Hid decision making is concerning.

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is against one average offense and two awful offenses. It's official - we are one of the worst defenses in the league. All that investment, a defensive head coach, and this is what we get.

Well the "investments" are injured.  I mean when you lose those 3 players, Von still being a shell, Rosseau not 100%, and your top draft pick at CB flaming out you're not going to play good D.  This D looked legit until the London injuries took out multiple starters, didn't help that Oliver was out yesterday.

Edited by bouds

21 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

The tackling is atrocious. A Swing pass on the first play of the final drive goes for almost 40 yards. It’s ridiculous that all game it’s constant missed tackles 

I want a media member to ask McDermott why the tackling has been chronically poor.  I believe there were 19 missed tackles against the Jaguars.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.