Last two Giants drives: NO EPENESA??

JMM

I just went and double checked to see if my eyes deceived me. Nope, he didn't play a down on the last two possessions!! Can somebody explain why they didn't play their most effective pass rusher this season on ONE down with the game on the line??? He's not on the injury report.  Rousseau was playing on the inside, Von on right and Floyd on the left. Are you telling me he couldn't have been more effective? Are you telling me couldn't have come in with fresh legs,  at least once or twice ?? I would like to have somebody have McDermott explain that strategy.  It seems  incredible. Maybe I'm missing something? Maybe he was shaken up but it wasn't discussed? If not...WTF????

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

At this point in Von's recovery, I would have much rather seen Epenesa out there at the end of the game over Von. Von looks like he doesn't have any burst or closing speed right now. 

Edited by MPL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was wondering where the hell he was too and thought he must have been in injured because only a moron would pull him.  He was schooling that rent-a-left tackle that was thrown into the fire before being "removed".  Nothing like helping your opponent out. 

Edited by Nuncha
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, Simon said:

They'd been saving Von all night and wanted him on the field in crunch time, I guess.

And while Epenesa is improving, he has not become a better player than Floyd yet.

You haven't been watching the games this season then, including the first half, where he once again had a huge sack in the red zone.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Von Miller is a liability out there. Rushing wide and opening up a gaping hole on every play.

Its under 2 minutes though, you aren't worried about gaping holes in the run game.  Just trying to get a direct route to the QB, he was flying around the edge and tyrod was throwing 4 yard out routes.  

21 minutes ago, Beast said:

Line up Groot and Oliver on the inside and Floyd and Epenesa on the edges on obvious passing situations.

I noticed they've been lining up Miller on the Left a lot, does he usually line up on that side?  Or is that just for the 4 pass rusher sub package they were running?  

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Epenesa is far more dangerous than Von right now and tbh kid might even be better. I’m liking what we all been seeing with Epenesa, keep that kid on the field! 

Use him while we’ve got him. Good as gone next year.

Sucks he waited for a contract year.

11 hours ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Epenesa is far more dangerous than Von right now and tbh kid might even be better. I’m liking what we all been seeing with Epenesa, keep that kid on the field! 

I wish we would have saved money on Miller to have been able to keep Floyd and AJE

1 minute ago, boyst said:

I wish we would have saved money on Miller to have been able to keep Floyd and AJE

Wait, just want to make sure I’m understanding this correctly (honestly not trying to be an ass, just wondering about your timeline). You wish the Bills had signed Miller for less last year with the hopes of signing AJE to an extension? 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Next season is Miller's last on that contract, it was basically a three year deal...I would think they can still keep AJE, more so I don't think Miller was ever going to be the contract that prevents AJE, but I'm more hoping someone who might know more detail on the cap could weigh in, cause that's not me. 

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Wait, just want to make sure I’m understanding this correctly (honestly not trying to be an ass, just wondering about your timeline). You wish the Bills had signed Miller for less last year with the hopes of signing AJE to an extension? 

I haven't been big on the Miller signing, so yeah essentially 

11 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Von was far from true form. With his injury and age, he may never return to former self. I hope he does, or it will be a colossal failed pickup. 

Or a great pick up marred by a horrific injury?  He looked absolutely incredible before injury.  🤔 

• Like (+1) 3

Yeah and with 9 seconds left and Von really not back to form yet...........I think you want that length of Epenesa out there to knock the ball down or get Taylor to the turf.

Taylor ran right into an Ed Oliver game-ending sack........but short-arm-Ed allowed Tyrod to run thru it and get out of bounds with 2 seconds still on the clock. 

Giants team played out of their minds across the board but Buffalo just needs to complete a pass to a wide open Knox OR Oliver to wrap up Taylor and the Giants never get to the goal line.

9 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Part of being a good GM is also taking on or not signing inherent risks with older players. 

You people amaze me.  Beane brings in a stud blue chip FA to freaking ***** hole Buffalo, NY and fans rejoice and sing his praises.  The poor guy shreds his knee (purely coincidentally), is playing but not fully up to game speed after 2 games, and now Beane is culpable for a move that may or may not work out…

Y’all are fickle….and churlish.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You people amaze me.  Beane brings in a stud blue chip FA to freaking ***** hole Buffalo, NY and fans rejoice and sing his praises.  The poor guy shreds his knee (purely coincidentally), is playing but not fully up to game speed after 2 games, and now Beane is culpable for a move that may or may not work out…

Y’all are fickle….and churlish.

Results oriented business.  We gave TO a key to the city.  Didn't matter.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH-JbslvZlxqrH_DtWB-z

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.