The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

48 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I don’t even understand what that means in week 9. It sounds like a preseason game where the team wants to work on things.

At this point when you have had so many games struggling you think you’d go with what works until it doesn’t. 

McD did rid the team of Rick Dennison after the 2017 season.  The next OC was Brian Daboll who was actually worse that first season in Buffalo going 30th in both points and yards. 

The Buffalo Bills are currently 5th overall in both points and yards so I don't see McD making a change right now.

HOWEVER, If he doesn't like all this losing he might give QB coach Joe Brady a shot at calling plays while keeping the status quo. Line coach Mike Schula might get a shot too. 

I have no idea what former Baltimore Ravens OC Greg Roman is doing but it might be wise to hire him right now as a run game consultant or even a run game coordinator. If there is one thing Roman knows...it is how to run the ball. 

Heck, it's not rocket science. When the opponent goes to an 8-man front to stop the run simply bring in more O linemen. I don't get why this team can't run with a talent like Cook at RB.

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

People on this forum will read this, then look you dead in the eyes and say this is Josh Allen’s fault 

I mean, there were people defending Russ Brandon as a GM too. It's meaningless. Every fan base has these types.  

4 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Different team...different QB....yet eerily similar:

Panthers Fire OC Mike Shula and QB Coach Ken Dorsey After Loss vs. Saints

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2753233-panthers-fire-oc-mike-shula-and-qb-coach-ken-dorsey-after-loss-vs-saints.amp.html

Wow..i was not aware of this..    the whole Carolina connection pisses me off most the time.   

The Panthers ranked 19th in total offense and 28th in passing yards per game during the 2017 season. Star quarterback Cam Newton had his second straight down year, throwing 22 touchdowns and 16 interceptions en route to a 80.7 passer rating, which ranked 24th in the league among qualified signal-callers.

Those are sharp declines from 2015, when Carolina was 11th in total offense and Newton finished tied for seventh in passer rating (99.4) during the regular season before the team advanced to Super Bowl 50, where it lost to the Denver Broncos.

After reading this...wow.    Does that look familair or what??.....

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

McD did rid the team of Rick Dennison after the 2017 season.  The next OC was Brian Daboll who was actually worse that first season in Buffalo going 30th in both points and yards. 

The Buffalo Bills are currently 5th overall in both points and yards so I don't see McD making a change right now.

HOWEVER, If he doesn't like all this losing he might give QB coach Joe Brady a shot at calling plays while keeping the status quo. Line coach Mike Schula might get a shot too. 

I have no idea what former Baltimore Ravens OC Greg Roman is doing but it might be wise to hire him right now as a run game consultant or even a run game coordinator. If there is one thing Roman knows...it is how to run the ball. 

Heck, it's not rocket science. When the opponent goes to an 8-man front to stop the run simply bring in more O linemen. I don't get why this team can't run with a talent like Cook at RB.

Dude I’ll take Greg Roman right now over Dorsey that’s how bad it is. Atleast we would have a ***** run game for Josh to work with. 

Do you think it would be possible to get a "fire Dorsey" chant going at the next home game? It's a prime time game, so it should be enough to embarrass Dorsey in the national spotlight and perhaps McDermott will have to face the music.  He should have been fired yesterday. If McDermott cares more about loyalty than about results, then he should get the axe, too.  Look what happened in LV when they fired their HC. They looked like a different team. Get this cancer Dorsey out of Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

How certain are we that Dorsey isn’t calling the game plan based on McDermott’s input?

Good point. I doubt hMcDermott would answer this kind of question if it were to be posed to him. But as I understand it, it's professional courtesy to "stay in your lane" when it comes to giving autonomy to coordinators. 

But of course it's impossible to know for sure.

3 hours ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Do you think it would be possible to get a "fire Dorsey" chant going at the next home game? It's a prime time game, so it should be enough to embarrass Dorsey in the national spotlight and perhaps McDermott will have to face the music.  He should have been fired yesterday. If McDermott cares more about loyalty than about results, then he should get the axe, too.  Look what happened in LV when they fired their HC. They looked like a different team. Get this cancer Dorsey out of Buffalo!

Why just blame Dorsey when it's the CEO McDERMOTT who should be fired?  I don't believe for one sec that McDermott is not pushing the direction of play calling.  He keeps on talking about complimentary football,  meaning he wants a team that chews clock on drives so his defence can stays off the field. The Bills are best when they play fast and not worry about if their running the football because this is a passing league. So firing Dorsey is not going to change a thing until they replace McDERMOTT with an offensive minded HC.  Even if you look at cap money used on defence and higher draft picks.  Both Beane and McDermott have not surrounded Allen with enough talent,  sorry but Gabe Davis is not a #2 receiver in this league.  Runs terrible routes and is responsible for a lot of Allen's interceptions because he just never creates enough separation.  I just pray Pegula has his football consultants telling him that just making the playoffs when you have a top 3-4 NFL QB is not enough. 

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As much as I don't like this staff and you can see that from my post history, I still think this crap is tacky.  These players are still playing their ass off and it's an embarrassment to them too.  Also, not something a new coach would like to hear about I doubt.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

As much as I don't like this staff and you can see that from my post history, I still think this crap is tacky.  These players are still playing their ass off and it's an embarrassment to them too.  Also, not something a new coach would like to hear about I doubt.

Nothing accomplished doing this,  if the Bills miss the playoffs then I think it's time they bring in an offensive minded HC who hires a defensive coordinator. The fact that McDermott never hired a defensive coordinator gives me more reason to believe he also has his hands and thinking on how Dorsey calls games. I think not firing him after 13 secs was more then enough repayment for getting the Bills back on track.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Fire Dorsey and you are throwing the season away when the division is still there to be had .   What a stupid thing to suggest.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

How certain are we that Dorsey isn’t calling the game plan based on McDermott’s input?

All the complimentary football talk leads me to believe McDermott does have a hand in the offense which could be causing additional problems on top of everything. Things haven’t been right with this team since last year. If they don’t turn it around expect Dorsey to be the fall guy come end of the season. Pegula should put McDermott on the hot seat next year especially if team ends up missing the playoffs.

Edited by billieve420
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

complimentary football talk leads me to believe McDermott

This must be true. I just think the trio of McD Dorsey Allen do not function properly at all levels and you can’t fire 17.

Chant fire McD New Year’s Eve game

4 hours ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

WHAT GOOD WOULD CHANTING THAT DO?? Give the national media more crap to talk about!! No to this!! 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Different team...different QB....yet eerily similar:

Panthers Fire OC Mike Shula and QB Coach Ken Dorsey After Loss vs. Saints

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2753233-panthers-fire-oc-mike-shula-and-qb-coach-ken-dorsey-after-loss-vs-saints.amp.html

That’s crazy. Dorsey did before and was fired. Holy cow.

“Panthers 28th in passing yards per game during the 2017 season. Cam Newton had his second straight down year”

5 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

wonder if Dorsey is lacking confidence. Is he scared of calling an

What is he 12? Bad take. 42 yr supposedly pro. He’s in over his head, just like if I was a CFO or opera singer. 

Edited by Since1981